The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Leeds have the street "Christmas) lights in place .. a Virtual Switch on is due on.. 2nd December..

our rates are still going down.. first review should (fingers crossed) see Leeds back into Tier 2..

Stew and dumplings for tea!  Yippppeeeedddddooo!

baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Sorry to hear of your test results BoD and I do hope it progresses no further. Done nothing but potter around all day when not on eye-lid inspection. Hot pot for dinner tonight, its all ready to go into the microwave. Looking forward to the F1 highlights tonight, better make sure I'm switched on as all the excitement seems to be in the first lap this season.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Yeah, adding my thoughts to your positive test, @BoD

Although out of 2 parents, 4 kids, 8 grandkids on my side, it's amazing none of us has tested positive (or haven't told the family!).

Had a lovely beef casserole last night.  Got that down to a T now.  I do cheat and use a pre-mix for the sauce but everything else (roasts, dumplings ) all home made.

Someone has put a Christmas tree up in our office.

My household one will be staying downstairs until next weekend but then have to get a shift on as we want to take a family photo in front of it to send out as cards to people.

While some people rate them as a waste of time/money, I really rate receiving cards from people who I wouldn't send a gift to but nice to see they are still thinking of us.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Lazy day turned busy day....

A little shopping and a walk around a local classic car show eventually rained off, then a call with a request to help a friend's (in UK) mother (here, and 92) with a problem with her bath lifting aid.  Fixed a handle on that, plus three other little jobs she asked me to look at while I was there!  She's a lovely lady, highly intelligent and a pleasure to help.  

Here's hoping those with 'the covid' do OK, worrying times still.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Evening All,

Not a terribly good day, but it’s ending fairly well. Dinner was a roast leg of lamb, mashed buttered swede, green beans and a red wine and mushroom sauce (not sure what I’ll do with the leftover meat, either a proper traditional Shepherds Pie [i.e. made with roughly chopped, leftover cooked lamb, not mince] or perhaps a rissole). This was followed by a catch-up of Masterchef Professional - I really enjoy watching the skills test: I learn a lot and get inspired as well.

Now about to turn the light out, Lucy is stretched out next to me, snoozing and I’m listening to Strauss’s Also Sprach Zarathustra on Radio 4’s Through The Night (it’s the first time listening to the whole thing, not just the famous beginning). Unfortunately the downside of listening to last night’s BBC broadcast is that you have to listen to it on the execrable BBC Sounds which has replaced the far superior BBC iPlayer (does anyone else feel the same way?)

Well, tomorrow is the start of another revenue generating week, so mustn’t grumble too much.

G’night All

iD

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Tesco give figures for all their breads and the sugar content (except for things like fruit loaf) varies between 2.5 and 3.0% by weight of ingredients which gives around 1g of sugar per slice.  In Heinz tomato ketchup the sugar content equals more than 20% of a 15g serving 

Mike, the bread I occasionally eat (marketed as "whole grain") has 19g of total carbs (3g of sugar) per 38g slice.

The Heinz ketchup in my 'fridge has 5g of total carbs (4g of sugar) per 17g tablespoon. You'd need about 4 tablespoons of ketchup to match the total carbs of one slice of this bread.

9 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I thought the diabetic offender in bread was probably a reference to the carbs in the flour rather than the sugar. 

Tony, yes, that was the intent of my comment.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Not a terribly good day, but it’s ending fairly well. Dinner was a roast leg of lamb, mashed buttered swede, green beans and a red wine and mushroom sauce (not sure what I’ll do with the leftover meat

Pretty much sums up today here as well.  With one exception.  The left-over meat is destined to encounter some ghee, spices and a few other bits and pieces before being served as vindaloo later in the week.  Maybe phal if I go a bit heavy on the chili ;)   With my own-recipe sag aloo alongside.  

It's that time.  G'night all.  Sleep well.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Evening All,

Just watching the F1 highlights program as I type this. Spent most of the day doing diy jobs for bil. 
i ve got to go to the pharmacy tomorrow to collect some paperwork and bills that need paying tomorrow. Ive normally got these jobs done well before the end of the month but haven’t had the energy recently. Could do with a supermarket shop as I’m out of cider and smoked cheese. Mums asked me to get her some hearing aid batteries so looks like a busy day so I’ll bid you a goodnight .

Robert

Edited by Erichill16
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

At least it's better than being referred to as Dagenham, which is one stop past.

Jamie

PS Just seen that Andrew C beat me to it.

Upminister.

End of the line, way past Barking.

Adrian

• Funny 13