The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

490 sq meters  of tiles were bought from 2 establishments. They are heavy along with 90 kg of tile cement and other assorted extras.

Jamie

That’s a bl00dy big area of tiling you’ve got there, rather you than me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 15

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

That’s a bl00dy big area of tiling you’ve got there, rather you than me!

People say our main bathroom is too big (wasted space) but it wouldn’t even require 30 sq metres. The ones for our en suite were small in number but amazingly heavy. 

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

CCF at school (Kings Grantham) was affiliated with the 17th/21st as the Regimental Museum was at that time housed in nearby Belvoir Castle. 

Did they ever get outfits like the 17/21 properly decimalised to the .8095 ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Lots to do first thing as a plumber is coming to replace the pop up plug in the bath and do one or two other things. Looks like we have a problem with Royal Mail parcels in Leeds at the moment.. some items delivered damaged..others are...missing and the tracker has no clue where they are..pah!!

Other than playing chase the parcel and adding labels to cards not a lot planned for today.

I notice that Roooooot is showing the England team how to score runs in T20s..shame he isn't in the T20 squad...

Enjoy you day however you can.. make Tuesday count!

Positive thoubhts to all ERs especially our missing ones...

Baz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Perhaps they're saving their energy for the reading of the Will?

There is no will. He lived with mil in a rented house and had no car,pension or pot of money.

There is his collection of country and western CDs if anyone wants them!
Robert

Edited by Erichill16
Spelling
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 9

1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

In a rare (?) idle moment I put the self-adhesive stamps on the seasonal greetings cards yesterday.  Afterwards I noticed that two of the stamps are upside down but I shouldn't think it will make much difference.  Hooray for self-adhesive stamps!  I still recall the less than attractive taste of the glue in the bad old days when we had to lick the stamps, or find other ways to moisten them.  At work we used to have what I called rotary lickers.   There were rollers in a plastic trough containing water which moistened the flaps of the envelopes and became increasingly foul with use.  Now we have self-adhesive flaps too.   Isn't technology wonderful?

The cards will be consigned to the tender care of Royal Mail on Friday morning.  I just hope that none of the recipients dies between now and then.  You may laugh but it actually happened a few years ago.  The tale of how I managed not to waste the stamp is best not told.  The nearest pillar box to me is emptied at 9 am, except on Saturdays when postie forgoes his/her lie-in and empties it at 7 am.  I suppose it concentrates the mind but I see no other advantage, or indeed a noticeable improvement in service.  A letter sent to me from Hatfield arrived yesterday having taken almost a week to make the long and arduous journey.  How remarkable it is that the bills arrive quickly.

For once there are no other burning issues.  That is bound to change.  Until it does, best wishes to all.

Chris

I would be careful Chris about those stamps if I were you, upside down placement is considered an offence to the Queen and you could be arrested. Ah the mosquito traps I remember them well.

• Like 13
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Cloudy with the slightest hint of blue appearing and will be mild and breezy with the chance of some brighter periods later.

A case of wine was delivered by a very cheerful Yodel driver who waited for the door to be answered, waited for me to stand back  and then placed it on the doormat for me.

Forgot to mention that we had a great  (and noisy) Zoom meeting with family Sunday night.  Good to catch up with Joe who is still enjoying Uni but looking forward to coming home for Christmas.

Also had a quick catch up on Zoom last night with six old schoolmates and glad to see that they're all still fit and healthy.  Judging by the amount of walking a couple of them do they're a damn sight fitter than yours truly.

First up today will be a bit of a walk including a visit to the baker.  Apart from bread I may see if they've got any cakes or pastries to tempt me.  Ah, perhaps there's a reason my old friends are fitter? :rolleyes::whistle:

No other firm plans today except for a bit of financial juggling and book balancing.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

We had a wormery - briefly. They do need careful maintenance especially with regard to keeping them at the right temperature.

SWMBO has had a worm composter and a hot bin for about 10 years. Once you get the worms going the only maintenance is really harvesting from the bottom, moving the stragglers up to the top and adding more food. That takes about an hour per month. She keeps it out of direct sun in the summer and moves it into the greenhouse over winter. (kept at a minimum of 7c) The real trick is to use Red Wigglers, the Cadillac of worms.  < < I'd be really surprised if any ER got that reference. Hers has been so successful that she's had to add 2 more levels to the max of 5. the hot bin has been less successful. 

Moaning all from the borough of boring. Back feeling a bit better. 14 hours in bed filled with Naproxen and codeine seems to have made a difference. We've started compiling a list of food and other goods we'll need for the post brexit stockpile. A second freezer has been ordered and we are contemplating renting a small storage lockup to accommodate the other crap in the shed for the time being to give me enough space to finish the renovations as well as leaving space in the shed to serve as a temporary warehouse for all the stockpile. I wish I could say more about it but I am working on one of the electronic declaration systems and very worried by what I'm seeing at the moment from the logistics sector. 

back to work. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 16

• RMweb Premium

Some of the wormer it's one with 100g  packet of tiger worms - you can't use earthworms apparently.  

I wondered how this would work if they were wrapped up under the Xmas tree for about 3 weeks.  In theory I guess they'd eat their way out.  However these companies also offer a worm gift card allowing the livestock to be posted at a different date. 

I'd also thought of getting into home brewing, but the area I'd use for that will be a FY by next Spring.

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1