The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

HUMP day, giving me the hump too...

Nothing to report here other than client getting crazier with attempts to correct their financial statements and get them "out" today!!

Continuing with "The Crown", and can definitely see MANY places where HM & co., may be "not amused", oh well, I'd be happily amused or otherwise from the relative privacy of numerous palaces and castles I think :O :)

+1 first thing, another swing into unseasonably higher temps here, expecting 9 for a high, partly cloudy.

Enjoy.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Definitely hump day, I've got the hump with an orange shed, online aisle 23, quantity in stock 13, or so said the net.. got there, shelves empty, big banner, New Lines Coming,. So why don't they update their website....

Another order to the house of strong ladies..though the bits might not make this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, pH said:

Perhaps you should eat something as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growler_(jug)

We have had this debate before.. a Growler in Leeds is a Pork Pie.. these beer containers known as "Growlers" in the USA and in Australia (where its use  was picked up from the Americans) are new fangled items .. Growlers are Pork Pies.. end of!

and if you believe wiki.. then you voted for the Orange one.......

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 9

Last nights state of origin decider at Lang Park allowed 50,000 fans  in, weirdly making a Rugby League game between NSW and Queensland the worlds largest sporting event since the start of the year when Covid appeared.

The cane toads won which means the offices resident Queenslander will be annoying today.

e9e12ae0-2981-11eb-9dff-ec1e3fb24c53.jpg.a7a621dd78cff9a6ed6075eb49b50266.jpg

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

It’s a public holiday in Saxony (and only there!) today, so it’s been pretty quiet outside. Though it was kind of amusing to see delivery vans from DPD, Hermes, UPS and GLS milling about as their depots covering Leipzig are located just beyond the border in Saxony-Anhalt where it’s a regular work day. DHL‘s depot but is located in Radefeld just outside of Leipzig, so they didn’t do deliveries today.

This situation also means that if your residence is in Saxony but your workplace in any other state, it means no joy insofar as you’ll have to attend to work regardless!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Barry O said:

We have had this debate before.. a Growler in Leeds is a Pork Pie.. these beer containers known as "Growlers" in the USA and in Australia (where its use  was picked up from the Americans) are new fangled items .. Growlers are Pork Pies.. end of!

and if you believe wiki.. then you voted for the Orange one.......

Baz

I obviously missed that earlier discussion. I’ve done a search and found it now.

In this case, I do believe Wikipedia, since I have several of those glass beer containers in the house. And no, I did not vote for the Orange One - as a Canadian, I did not have a vote in the US election.

Edited by pH
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

All I need to do is fix a few gauges on the wall, and a regulator and some injectors - and I can stand there imagining I am climbing Stoke bank with 13 on.

A length of bog chain stretched across the ceiling connected to a steam whistle on the roof would be much more fun.  You could even rig it up as a doorbell - or an alarm clock.  Or a burglar alarm.  Or a.....

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

37 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

And I thought growlers were a type of iceberg that sunk the Titanic!

That's right. 

At one met office where I worked, we would get sea ice reports and they were always referring to 'growlers'. 

They also included references to that highly technical term 'bergy bits'. 

I kid you not. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Something to watch on a long autumnal evening:

This is an AI coloured version of a video that has been published a while ago already. It certainly looks like a plausible rendition of an era so often represented in black and white, and only so!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Continuing with "The Crown", and can definitely see MANY places where HM & co., may be "not amused",

SWMBO's current binge-watch.  I have caught some of it as a result.  She has now abandoned because she has seen enough of the Downfall of Diana and doesn't want to watch how they take that to its conclusion.  I agree there are many areas which might not cause amusement to HM & Co.  The residents of "HMS Bubble" as the Windsor Castle household is apparently now known.  

The internet appears uncertain in the matter of whether or not HM actually watches the show.  It seems that she might at least have seen some of it.  Allegorically her opinion is thought to be "Not very amused" but without too much in the way of factual substantiation.  

• Like 10
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, polybear said:

A length of bog chain stretched across the ceiling connected to a steam whistle on the roof would be much more fun.  You could even rig it up as a doorbell - or an alarm clock.  Or a burglar alarm.  Or a.....

A Westinghouse air whistle in my case!! :good_mini:

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

Evening All,

Bit late tonight, been having a laugh. MY football team has been having talks about signing Mario Balotelli, once of Inter Milan, AC Milan, Man City and Liverpool and played thirty odd times for Italy. Don’t think they’ve got very far though!

As predicted today was almost a repeat of yesterday.

Not sure what tomorrow has in store but will depend on the weather.

Goodnight,

Robert

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

Something to watch on a long autumnal evening:

This is an AI coloured version of a video that has been published a while ago already. It certainly looks like a plausible rendition of an era so often represented in black and white, and only so!

Excellent, I watched the whole thing. Either Leipzig was a very large, sprawling city or the trolley route is a beltline/circular route. Thank you for posting it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 7