The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a phone chat with my niece earlier this evening. And I broached the subject of the family having a Zoom meeting. She said that she might be able to twist her dads (my brother) arm into joining in. Be great if we can but it won't be on C*******s day favourite is the Sunday before or after Christmas. Spent a bit of time talking to my niece so now got to catch up.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, chrisf said:

When I went to the GP a little over five years ago it was because of rectal bleeding, leading me to fear that it was bowel cancer.  It wasn’t, but I was referred to colo-rectal and this was how I came to have the colonoscopy that went wrong.  Flavio, your wisdom is welcome, as always.  Ideally, one of my closest friends, who has survived bowel cancer, will be able to take on the life support role required by the colonoscopy, should I decide to have it, but I must not and do not take him for granted.  If he cannot or will not help it will be a case of getting to know the neighbours a bit better!  I rather like the idea of a CT scan instead........

Chris,

When I had my perforated diverticula trouble a couple of months ago the initial diagnosis was via a CT scan but in order to confirm that it had healed properly as well as 'to rule out any more sinister underlying issues' I had to have a colonoscopy six weeks later. When I asked the consultant if another CT scan would do the job she said that it wouldn't be as informative and detailed as a colonoscopy. Like you I have had trouble in the past with the cleansing process but this last one seemed better and I believe that the recipe for the gloop juice (sorry about the technical terminology) has altered somewhat.

Dave

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, not a very nice one at all. 

But to anyone wondering if lockdown works - yes it does, if your populace behaves..... problem.....but it worked here and continues to do so.  The few cases here are all people who have come from the UK as returning residents or patients from treatment, and as such have been in self isolation anyway, so no community cases.  Life therefore is pretty much normal here, no restrictions at all bar returning from travel 'away'.

Wyndmondham here in Norfolk has just hit the local headlines suddenly going up to a rate of 722 per 100,000..  That's  111 cases against 27 the week before.

That's all we need, a bunch of superspreaders there... It's the headquarters of the Norfolk Police...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s another dull start to the day, no overnight rain but the forecast is for some heavy rain later. Breakfast is now consumed and before I head downstairs to continue stripping the old fireplace I’m going to set of a ‘Steak and Ale’ stew, I’ll then shove it in the oven on a very low heat until tea time. Sheila will have some lovely aromas filling the kitchen as she’s doing the ironing. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 17