The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Back again. At the moment we have wall to wall blue sky but still a bit blustery. We seem to have had our share of the wetness last night and then some, when I looked out the street was a virtual river. What with the sun and wind today there's now no sign of any rain. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Sorry, but AWOL due to the last of the decorating - at last - oh sorry, 30747 has now decreed that the bathroom "needs a lick of paint" as does the downstairs loo.  So the end result is that we are both pretty well cream crackered, and at least the smallest rooms are really small, and have very little glosswork, and the main bathroom is fully tiled - no doubt the new paintwork will mean that it shows up the tatty grout - it really doesn't seem to end.  Fodder run had to be shifted to yesterday as a result, which in turn meant that a visit here had to be deferred until today, and mucho skipping as a result.

It has also meant that the research on the doll's house has been put on hold. 

So it's generic greetings all round, and a wish for all fellow ERs to stay as healthy as possible. 

We've had a plague of spoof calls purporting to be from Microsoft. all women with suspiciously Asian accents - the caller display is at least showing them as International, but each is from a different presentation number, which means that it is very difficult for us to block them, or for Openreach/BT to add them to the lists of known nuisance calls numbers,  I did really want to play along with one of them, and to (without actually following their instructions) pretend to co-operate but acting dumb and taking ages to execute their directions, and then after wasting their time for about fifteen to twenty minutes, to ask "is this all going to work on my Mac?"

Monday does not bode well for any leisure/pleasure activities as a number of phone calls need to be made after a visit to Aldi for the items which I forgot yesterday in Lidl (other supermarkets are available, though none are German owned, and are also a lot dearer).

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Picture the scene if you will, my fellow ER'ers......

Bear has spent the morning chasing out probably seven feet of wall for leccy conduit, along with three holes for single gang back boxes.  There was dust - and some - and Bear knows the next step is clearing up.....

Bear now bears (ouch) a closer resemblance to a Red Panda than a Poly.  Bear wonders if it's twelve o'clock yet.  The conversation goes like this:

Bear:  "Alexa, what's the time"

Alexa:  "It's 1-58 pm - hope you're having a great afternoon"

Sarcastic Cow.

Any more of that and I'll flick the switch and divorce her PDQ.  And if she thinks she'll sue for half my leccy and half my internet bandwidth then she's sadly mistaken.  She'll be down the dump and in the WEEE Waste Bin** quicker than she can spell out the word lawyer....

(**Not the mains adapter though, that might just come in useful one day)

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 45156 said:

We've had a plague of spoof calls purporting to be from Microsoft. all women with suspiciously Asian accents - the caller display is at least showing them as International, but each is from a different presentation number, which means that it is very difficult for us to block them, or for Openreach/BT to add them to the lists of known nuisance calls numbers,  I did really want to play along with one of them, and to (without actually following their instructions) pretend to co-operate but acting dumb and taking ages to execute their directions, and then after wasting their time for about fifteen to twenty minutes, to ask "is this all going to work on my Mac?"

I get a lot on my mobile showing either Glasgow or Manchester numbers but did have one from Bath yesterday. I dont answer them , so if it is genuine / important they would leave a voice message. Mum keeps getting spoofs saying that the Amazon Prime account payment didnt go through. She says that they are after me as its my account but I keep telling her that they hadnt been given her number by me and are spoof calls.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I've done nothing else today except watch the FI highlights. Given the track conditions and the weather the result  was no surprise. Time now to put the dinner on, chicken hot pot today.

• Like 15

Evening All,

Sorry to hear the news on John (Combe Barton’s ) entry, and it is really getting closer to us all. 

Done a bit of this and a bit of that today and quite happy with that. Even managed a bit of shed time and watched the GP and listened to the football. SWMBO is considering a supermarket run tomorrow and that may include Mil but we haven’t got a straight answer from her yet. 

Goodnight All,

Robert

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
On 14/11/2020 at 18:15, PhilJ W said:

The scooter scrotes saga goes on. The plod have found a garage used by the scrote under arrest containing a selection of bikes and scooters and bits thereof and are now busy checking frame and engine numbers. 

"I didn't know how they got there Guv'" will be the standard response and no further action taken.

• Like 6
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The sun shined all day, but it did get a little windy at times, so I had to shut the workshop door, despite the door stay, it was creaking quite a bit. However, the sunshine finally gave way to rain just as it was getting dark, by that time I was inside anyway, so it didn’t matter, it finally stopped about 2 hours ago. 

This morning I fitted all 44 LEDs, it was during this process that I realised, that when I added the extra switch and LEDs yesterday, I didn’t have enough LED control boards, so I made to make up another one, luckily I’d made extra PCBs so it was just a case of getting the bits out of my storage box. 

After dinner I tested the new LED control board, once happy that it worked as it should, it was fitted and wired into the control panel with the rest of them. I then connected up the turntable rotary selector switch, but that’s as far as I got before it was time to pack up, so work will have to continue tomorrow. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

12 hours ago, 45156 said:

I am being plagued with calls from "Olivia from Apple Support" claiming an issue with my iCloud account. (I do not own Apple products.)  I had at least seven calls in two hours this (Sunday) afternoon and its been going on for days.

Despite recent US Federal legislation to flag spoofed, caller ID (which does often work) this particular robo-caller does not get flagged and is relentless. The spoofed numbers are semi-random, often coming from my exchange number +1-xxx-xxx-YYYY (where six "x" digits: area code and exchange, are the same as mine), or randomly from all over the country. All of today's calls were identified as coming from the south bay area in California. The voice is clearly mechanically generated. This is a known scam.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16