The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.

Bike ride and brunch successfully completed, venue for next week agreed, which could be a record.  Didn't get wet other than a few puddles and things, so a result all in all.

I'm still laughing at Tony's old college backing up to head cleaning tapes. Right up Andrew's street of profanity I imagine.

• Like 13
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been bright and sunny most of today. Nipped down to Tess Coes and met my friend down there. His younger daughter, the one that is in care has been given a place in a converted house where young people like her are taught 'independent living', not that in her case she is ever likely to be completely independent. She will have her own room or rooms and is allowed her own furniture hence my friend has to move her bed from South Benfleet to Pitsea. Luckily I know a couple of people who have vans for when moving day comes.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

She may  be working within the regulations - copied below from .gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#going-to-work

Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes - for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople - you can do so. 

We had an electrician working here for a couple of days but my wife's home hairdresser cancelled her visit for today.

EDIT . . . . . . see next page - this is not correct - sorry

Mobile hairdressers belonging to their association or whatever have a set of criteria ...  SWMBOs is sitting out during the lockdown.

• Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, NGT6 1315 said:

Cheers everyone. Been checking off a couple of items from our domestic to-do list as the weather was mostly dry, so, apologies. :secret_mini:

Bedtime‘s up, so I’d just like to leave you with a home improvement suggestion I saw on the German TÜV’s FB page and somehow can’t help finding worthwhile... :mosking:

Nitey-nite... :bye:

E4E99E01-32D0-4DA5-840B-BFC22FB295DD.jpeg

Likes to have a bit of a buzz in the shower.

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Tony_S said:

We had soup for lunch. Aditi asked if I liked the chicken and chickpea soup we had recently. I said that I did. She said, ”well, this is the same but without chicken and chickpea”. It was very nice though. 
Tony

Similarish idea to Mrs Stationmaster's chicken un-pie - basically chicken pie without any pastry.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I have done the green bin dance in the past but given my propensity to self harm I've given up.  I now just use a smaller plastic bin to ram everything down. 

I guess this is the safe way - but where's the fun in that?:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheelie-Bin-Compactor-Suitable-Standard-Household-Rubbish-and-Recycling-Bins/283957095909?hash=item421d296de5:g:tkkAAOSw29tfGa~a

11 hours ago, AndyB said:

He took it upon himself to compact our stuff down and then ram some fairly chunky branches in afterwards. No surprise that it split from top to bottom. He got his children to tie wrap it back together. We now have a bin that looks more like a laced-up football! 

There's a fair chance that a call to the council will result in a new bin FOC - there's a good chance the bin men may refuse to lift it one day as unsafe.

8 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

There is also a SWL on the bin lift on the back of the wagon that will cut out if overloaded.

I'm truly stunned I've never triggered that.  Must try harder......

I see that the Ripper has snuffed it, and not before time.  If only he'd done it forty years ago he would've saved the tax payer a packet.  Let's hope the sick B**stard has had plenty of really good kickings over the years.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the weather has been glorious today, lots of sunshine, but the wind picked up a little bit this afternoon, but nothing that would cause us anything to worry about. This made the  walk to the butchers this morning was very enjoyable, the only downside was that once again, there were no pasties, so today I had a pork (gold medal winning) pie instead. 

The Trafford Centre was very quiet, so quiet in fact I was only out for about 50 minutes, including the travelling time there and back!

The afternoon was spent reading on the the magazines that dropped through the door last week. The evening was spent catching up on some recorded TV, we also started watching a French drama series.

When it comes to compacting the country contents of my garden waste bin, I’ve never been tempted to jump in it, instead I generally cut large branches etc up very small pieces, or I use my spade, not only does it squash it down, it also chops it up as well, works a treat. 

Goodnight all. 

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

They are preparing for the big move tomorrow. I won't be going to see it as they don't want crowds.

The big bathtub has been ballasted and track laid. Not sure if they've glued it down.

The move will be on farcebook (Guelph Museums) but I don't patronize that outfit.

In the last photo, the loco is currently beyond the right side of the bridge in the background. It's being move so they can add tracks or a platform for more commuter service. The bridge was built double track size at the bottom but only a single track was laid across it.

6167_1410.jpg

6167_1405.jpg

6167_1395.jpg

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 15