The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. My freestanding electric cooker is now about 30 years old. Its lasted so long because the oven is only used once or twice a year though the grill and a couple of the hot rings get used more often. I only use gas for the heating and hot water, the standpipe for a gas cooker is no longer connected anyway as the gas supply has been re-routed to the attic where the boiler now resides.  

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

We always had electric until we moved to this house. I don't think I've cooked anything on the gas. We also have a microwave and an electric oven (I think).

We've had gas in the motorhomes plus microwaves. We never used the gas as we didn't trust the cats to stay away from it. Woke up one night to the gas detector alarm. Looked like one of the cats had stood on a knob on the stove and turned it on without the ignition. I took the knobs off it the next day.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

By eck its Wednesday already.. how time flies... when you are having fun(?).

I have received £2.40 from last nights Euromillions. Gosh, I wondee what I can spend my "winnings" on?  Answers on a post card to Baz, North West Leeds..

Another parcel to prepare and post today...should keep me out of mischief!

The covids are getting worse around here. The rate is 440+.. no reason why but it is not reducing.. obviously the Lockdown is being treated as a joke ( firwork parties everyone?)

So enjoy your day in whatever way you can. Stay safe!

Positive thoughts to all ERs! I hope our "missing" ones are ok.

Baz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Barry O said:

I have received £2.40 from last nights Euromillions. Gosh, I wondee what I can spend my "winnings" on?  Answers on a post card to Baz, North West Leeds..

A pint in Spoons.. oh wait a minute or three weeks more like it:mellow:

Been in shed this morning but two of the PC's required updates to I have left them to do so and back in the house with  mugs of tea for me and her who is still in bed.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

I'm sorry, are we thinking of the "same" Trump?!?!?!? :O:jester:

That's done it.  Ever since I was a very young cub my Aunt has used the phrase "Right, who's Trumped?" - meaning "Who's farted?".  Therefore "Trump" must equal "Fart"......

47 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I was grateful to the lady restocking the magazine racks for breaking her routine and fishing out the latest Radio Times for me.  Sadly I will need the C*****mas double issue this year.

No need.  Just use last year's copy - it'll be the same.  Or the year before....

You can bet "The Wizard of Oz" will be right in there.

19 minutes ago, Barry O said:

I have received £2.40 from last nights Euromillions. Gosh, I wondee what I can spend my "winnings" on?  Answers on a post card to Baz, North West Leeds.

Steer clear of the demon drinks.  Two point four packs of Co-op Deep Fill Mince Pies would be much nicer.

• Like 14
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Rick, i do hope that you get the hot water sorted. Maybe you shouldboffer free nosepegs to your neighbours.  Sir T, I do hope that you get your workplace problems sorted.

Jamie

No need for nose pegs.. they should be wearing a mask!!

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull start to the day, but no overnight rain has fallen. The plans for the day are pretty much those mentioned last night, I will clean the front drive, if I haven’t finished for 11 o’clock, I’ll stop for the 2 minutes silence, before carrying on. After that I will decamp to the workshop and continue working on the turntable. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit misty when I went to bed last night but that had cleared this morning.

3 hours ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

For PhilJW and anyone else who is interested, last night’s Zoomfest was a slide show by Jeremy Harrison of pre First World War images from the Ken Nunn collection, shared with all watching using the aptly named Share Screen facility.  About 40 viewers joined at some point during the evening but not many from the host branch.  We were asked to mute ourselves for the duration and unmute only when raising a point germane to the talk.  One society whose meetings I attend regularly, when there are any, is plagued by members of the congregation rudely burbling to each other all evening and apparently paying the speaker no heed.  Last night we had an e-burbler, who made prolific if not necessarily welcome use of the chat facility: “oh no it isn’t” was one of his more intellectual contributions.  The RCTS tradition of a mid-evening break for a drink was maintained, though I should admit that I had been sipping from a can of Thatchers Gold all evening.

What else to report?  The fodder run was accomplished efficiently.  I was in and out of Tesco well before 9 am.  A split breakfast is quite an incentive to get it done quickly – cereal before going out, fry-up on return.  I was grateful to the lady restocking the magazine racks for breaking her routine and fishing out the latest Radio Times for me.  Sadly I will need the C*****mas double issue this year.

Best wishes to all

Chris

Thanks for that Chris. Quite a few useful tips in there especially the one about asking everyone to mute themselves though in our case the audience is usually respectful to our talkers when we have 'live' presentations. As for the e-burbler I think whoever is in charge can mute such individuals but perhaps they didn't want to cause any ill feeling.

2 hours ago, polybear said:

That's done it.  Ever since I was a very young cub my Aunt has used the phrase "Right, who's Trumped?" - meaning "Who's farted?".  Therefore "Trump" must equal "Fart"......

And Johnson is American slang for the male appendage. So we had a bag of wind in the White House and a p***k in number 10.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 6