The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, TheQ said:

losure of Paxman diesels in Colchester,  sad to see them go.. 

I note however looking it up,  this is TV being on the ball, as it was announced in July and confirmed 5 days ago..

Essex, the land that news forgot! I think BBC East assumes London covers Essex and BBC London assumes BBC East covers Essex. I haven’t watched ITV news broadcasts for years now so can’t comment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Just now, Coombe Barton said:

On the domestic front I’m trying to sensible cycle my freezer content usage. The way I’m doing this is to select my menus for week then get out what I need for seven days, transferring it from big freezer to small freezer so that I don’t have to mess around with alternate sources. When I get thongs out, I try to sort through on date order so I’m using oldest first. Think this is logical? So do I, just getting round to doing it on a regular basis that’s been the barrier.

You keep your thongs in the freezer?

• Like 5
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

I reported myself on the Flat Earth Thread. There are some genuinely amusing comments but I started to get irritated. So I reported myself for suggesting someone’s comments reminded me of a certain President’s bleach remarks (ie not funny)

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Danemouth said:

You keep thongs in the freezer :-)

Dave

You do in Australia.  You wear them on your feet there and if they have first been in the freezer you stand a chance of making it across the beach sand without getting blistered and burned! Otherwise they just keep you halfway cool on those searing hot days.

And those other thongs?   They are strings downunder.   In full preceded by the letter G but always abbreviated as is the Aussie style.  

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Not at all, I was just curious as to your  "best" comment spoken like you had been there. I only know one person in the UK that collect insulators and is a model railroader (although he models western US!) in HO.

Sorry I was being a bit sarcastic, I’ve never heard of such hobby and that’s why I apologised later and said it was good to have a hobby/interest even if it may seem a bit strange to the un-enlightened.

Regards 
Robert

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

he phone refused to respond to any command including all attempts to de-activate it.  Pressing the off button and attempting to power down totally only generated more emergency messages to my designated contacts.  I t

In some countries the police would arrive to as the emergency contacts get routed to the emergency services. The procedure to cancel what your phone was doing (it it was an iPhone) won’t be affected by removing the sim or pressing the power button. There is a button pressing routine to follow. Of course it might just be broken. 

• Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium

I was also going to comment on Johns typo but others have beaten me to it. Back to the scooter scrote. They've saved his leg but its going to be a couple of inches shorter when they've finished. He must have hit the van door with quite a whack as its been taken away with the door laying in the cab. The lad has just turned sixteen and my informant tells me that his parents had said no to a motorbike of any sort.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Of course it might just be broken.

It is just broken.  Apparently something in the electronics has corrupted.  The touch-screen does not respond to touch and is not showing the display correctly; none of the control buttons work.  I have lost any form of control over it and as it is some years old it is time to upgrade.  The new one will also allow me to download the contact tracing app which would not run on the old device due to its age and incompatibility.  

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

He had to go and get a part and said he was coming back later.  He hadn't appeared by the end of yesterday so an email was sent enquiring as to his whereabouts and reminding them that we had no hot water pending his return.  

Today we received an email advising that all jobs are now cancelled until further notice because "one of the team" has tested positive for Covid.

How very British!:yes:

Brian.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Had an interesting day yesterday but looking back on if things hadn't gone well I probably wouldn't be here posting.

For the last few days I've had a couple of roofers up on the roof sorting out some problems for which they had a scaffolding erected. Yesterday at about 2:00pm popped out into the garden to ask them if they wanted some more tea (the liquid stuff). As they said yes (as they always do!!) I headed back indoors walking in front of the scaffolding. Suddenly one of the roofers shouted get out of the way but before I had time to move quickly there was blood everywhere.

Scalp injuries do bleed very heavily but the upside is that they also heal very quickly.  I can attest to this from personal experience. Hope you are OK Keith.  Unfortunately I don't think thst I would get much sympathy,  something along the lines of " Where there's no sense there's no feeling " would probably be utterred.

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12