The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

Good to hear that Baz managed a successful encounter with the laser -

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, I expect you to see, Mr Oliver.........................."

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

he IS a beautiful lad and so is the mum

The photo of one pup with a Labrador is pup and Grandma. She was quite unwell and died a couple of days later. I will ask for a photo of the Mum! Last night I was sent photos of a couple of pups being weighed. Very photogenic. 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 hour ago, polybear said:

....But if anyone thinks that could extend to giving away cake, think again - there's a lockdown coming.

I see Bear missed my reference to me baking a Paris-Brest a little later on (a Parist-Brest is a round pastry, in the form of a wheel, made of choux pastry and a praline flavoured cream). Phew, a narrow escape for me, then. I haven’t completely finished upgrading my bear-proof cake pantry :happy_mini:

41 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I was going to start by talking about trimming bushes but better not...

Too late...:agree:

• Like 4
  • Funny 11

12 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

After Stewart posted those 'Foxes and Fossils' clips I had been thinking about other female voices I really have enjoyed, and shortlisted....in no particular order, Annie Haslam, Mary Black and Corrine Drewery.  Feel free to discuss! 

For me it is Kate Bush, Annie Haslam, Mylene Farmer, Sarah McLachlan, and Jann Arden. 

Moaning all from the boring borough. Its the yankee doodle election today, so time to switch off all, radio, tv, twatter, fecesbook until the circus calms down. Only about 80 days until they start banging on about the 2024 election. <sigh>

Work has been one big bucket of suckage so far this week. Yesterday was a 13 hour slog. The rest of this week promises to be equally <censored>.

The hoofw*nking bunglec*nts at Hermes have managed to lose/damage 113€ worth of Dutch craft beer. Post NL shows the tracking to them, a message saying shipment damaged, not delivered, then a second update saying it was delivered at 22:31 last Thursday. SWMBO is now waiting Hermes' reply and has a case number. As for the beer most of it was fairly limited and now out of stock. Why do reputable businesses like Post NL (who own TNT) even bother with sh!t cowboys like Hermes or Yodel for that matter? Answers on a lost postcard please. 

Our Weekend plans have been kyboshed. Had a message from the hotel we were supposed to be staying at, saying they decided to close for the duration of the lockdown, refund on its way. English Heritage on the other hand hasn't decided which of their properties will be open or closed. We had secured tix for a visit inside the circle at Stonehenge. We await their decision. If it is still on we will have to schlep down there for 7:45 Sunday morning or lose the £ from the booking. <sigh> 

Time to get on with things. Latte consumed, more coffee awaits. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning, back to normal routine, Mrs H dropped off for her bus, a couple of miles walked along Ramsey's Mooragh promenade, a little brisk in acool wind.

Some female singers for me to consider there, some of whom I am not familiar with, so that may be this afternoon's entertainment.  iD, Corrine Drewery sings with Swing Out Sister.

OK, time for breakfast and a shower!

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Raining here again. It was quite heavy when it was getting light and more is forecast along with the occasional bright spell.

Parcels (various) due today, all a result of Christmas shopping by The Boss.  Nothing of interest for me though.

Not had breakfast yet so that needs dealing with.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Persisting down earlier this morning but the wind has removed most of the clouds and a watery sun is trying to peep through. Flavio, making your cake store bear proof is OK but is it Hippo proof? Speaking of whom where has he gone? I fear he may be on a secret mission to Switzerland to free some captive cakes while his compatriot (Poly) stays behind to divert attention.  Thats despite the danger of being licked to death by the four legged guardians of the cakes. 

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another day of mixed weather, it was sunny whilst I was eating breakfast, but it’s now dull and looks like it could rain. The plans for today are basically shopping, a Waitrose run is required, then a trip to Costco will follow, where I’ll top up the car as I’m almost out of petrol. 

This afternoon i shall be making a batch of pumpkin and sweet potato soup. 

On the subject of female singers, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, here’s a list in no particular order of the ones I listen to regularly, the words in brackets being the bands they sing in. 

Enya

Marie Brennan (Clannad), who’s a sister of Enya above. 

Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Kate Bush

Linda Ronstadt

Carly Simon

Corrinne Drewery (Swing Out Sister)

Julianne Regan (All About Eve)

Tori Amos

Suzanne Vega

I’m sure I could extend the list further if I looked through my CD collection, it’s just that all the above are featured on my play list on my iPod in the workshop. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Nearly forgot, there was an item this morning on BBC Breakfast about the koalas on Kangaroo Island. It is now a year since the devastating fires and they are now only just starting releasing the recovered animals back into the wild. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 9

Good morning all 

Female voices cant help but add

Stevie Nicks and christine mcvie of Fleetwood Mac

Alannah Myles her voice is like treacle it wraps you up

The last one i will suggest is tatiana eva-marie from Avalon jazz band who i found via Clive Mortimore of this parish.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Blue sky one minute..chuckinitdarn the next. Pah!

Swimming pond slowly going down... pump is doing its job..but  rain means...it will fill up again....double PAH!

herself off to get her hair done..me , I can't get an appointment.. bit like trying to see a Dentist or the Marie Celeste....

Bax

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

All this talk about female singers and the lists have contained many who I love listening to so I will add a few more! 

Sarah Darling 

Lainey Wilson 

Lauren Jenkins 

Deanna Wheeler 

Miranda Lambert 

Jessica Lynn 

I could add more but the above list gives you a chance to visit your favourite online music site and have a quick listen to them. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

OT I know, but I just looked at the Bachm*&n new products thread.....and needed CPR at the prices - glad I'm not in the train bizniz any more, as the average punter will be having a major moan at all the dealers about it. Not that dealers set prices, but we always take ( or took to be accurate...in my case ;)) the flak.  I can't see trying to sell sound fitted DMU's for £400 as a way to get rich, put it that way.

Back on topic, time to pump out here to, the Koi pond in my case as 50mm rain last night has things overflowing rather, the garden railway is underwater in places.  I'll do some tidying up in the garden while waiting for it to go down, earns brownie points.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 9