The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Not that I am complaining - far from it - but I have just noticed a total absence of adverts from my page.  I think I may have rejected all cookies except the edible ones.  

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I seem to have left my get up and go somewhere today. It isn't in my workshop, it isn't in my layout room so heaven knows where it has gone.. PAH!

Glad you are getting on ok Tony.I like dalbut after 15 consecutive breakfasts of it even I had had enough..time for a mugadecaff.

Baz

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Afternoon all. 

Going home soon. I have my discharge letter and new medication.  This meant I got lunch here. Quiet overnight but quite a few emergency cardiac admissions. They said did I mind moving to a lounge area before being discharged to free up a bed. No problem. 

Baz.  I love dal . MiL always cooks it for me. Along with Matter Paneer

Jamie. Happy Birthday. 

Tony

Great news Tony.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Seems to me we lost that position AND being respected as a leader of ideas and global issues about 3.5 years ago :( :help:

I saw that in the new posts listing without the remark (world's most powerful country) you were commenting on and assumed you were referring to the UK

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

...Going home soon. I have my discharge letter and new medication.  This meant I got lunch here. Quiet overnight...

Well, it’s absolutely splendid to hear that all went well....

BUT...

...what about the nurses? 
Are we talking Hattie Jaques? Loretta Swit? Nerys Hughes? Juliana Margulies? Derek Thompson?
Inquiring minds want to know...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 15

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

I seem to have left my get up and go somewhere today. It isn't in my workshop, it isn't in my layout room so heaven knows where it has gone.. PAH!

I hope it hasn’t gone too far; you don’t want it to be lost somewhere in West Yorkshire’s new lockdown 

• Like 6
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The Nice thing is bad.  One part of me wonders whether the Gendarmes need eye tests, only wounding him with 6 or 7 shots. The other part of me wonders if a long term of imprisonment will actually be a harsher punishment for the offender.

Bears shoot to the head, every time.  Why saddle the taxpayer with a big bill for the next thirty years?

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

The harshest punishment would be for the offender to know that he would be buried in a mound of pig entrails.

Hippo's and Bears must share some DNA; not only is cake worshipped but before Bear read the above post he was thinking "no funeral for a week (they're keen on 24 hours I understand) then mince 'em, feed 'em to the pigs and turn the results into pig sh1t". 

7 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

BUT...

...what about the nurses? 
Are we talking Hattie Jaques? Loretta Swit? Nerys Hughes? Juliana Margulies? Derek Thompson?
Inquiring minds want to know...

Bear's vote is for Linda Lusardi :maninlove:

Not a Nurse?  She is in Bear's dreams....:yahoo:

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

1 minute ago, iL Dottore said:

p.s. in regards to nurses there’s no such thing as TMI!

Some years ago, before the university expanded in sites, there was a debate about our offices being used for staff from the Faculty of Health.

There was nowhere else for us (in Computing)  to go.

I was heard saying that I wouldn't mind sharing an office with a couple of nurses.

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

and...AND????
iD
p.s. in regards to nurses there’s no such thing as TMI!

Aww, c’mon.  Give a chap a break.

It’s the heart ward we are talking about here. 

Glad that you are back home safe and sound, Tony.  
p.s. what were they really like?

• Funny 18

8 hours ago, TheQ said:

I think those in the USA are somewhat worried about the havoc he could cause between 4th of November and 20th January, when the boot up the backside arrives.

Thats the general impression trumpie created when he mentioned about going quietly!  Its part of his 'fear' campaign most of which has fallen on deaf ears.  Oh, he excites the anarchists and would be hard core trumpers especially the gun totin' NRA  enthusiasts.  But they don't seem so revolutionary when push comes to shove, especially when confronted by the National Guard.:blackeye:

Brian.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1