The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Oh, I don’t know. I reckon I’ve got enough bread to afford the lawyers to get me off the charges.

No matter how you slice it, it’s a trumped up charge. As far as I’m concerned there’s muffin to see..

When my lawyers get me off, and they will, I will not loaf around but get stuck back in to ER

So you are heading for either a land of milk and honey or porridge.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, polybear said:

I wonder how many of the White House Flunkies will (hopefully) be glad to be well rid of The Orange One, and therefore make life as difficult as possible for him to cause any waves?  Does working for him equate to a sort of political prostitution by any chance, as in "lie back and think of England the USA cos' the money comes in rather handy?"

In other news, and especially for those who worship the very thought of a mince pie or ten (those covered in white fur fit into this category, believing that such delicacies should be freely and easily available all year round as they form one of the "five a day" requirements) will no doubt find the following of great interest:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/28/sainsburys-launches-mince-pie-cereal-for-a-christmas-morning-every-day-13493821/

Don't worry, the orange one has got it all in hand.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Happy birthday Jamie, trust you will have an enjoyable day. (maybe some trainspotting while M. Macron still allows you out?).  Hope the day will go well for Dave.  And I hope Chrisf's alternative Christmas will work out well - at least you won't have too far to travel

Here we have rain off and on - currently on - and it looks set to plague us for the remains of the day so it will again be motorised conveyance to the chiropractor's establishment. Where I sincerely hope I won't be told that my appointment was yesterday and why am I 24 hours late?

No other news of any significance here so have a good day one and all and take care to try to stay safe.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Further to my last post the nurse has been and given me my flu jab and the nice people at google have reminded me that this time ladt year we were in Alvor on the Algarve mot far from the portimao circuit used last week in the Gp. 

It was a nice holiday but the hotel were packing up around us 

Chris f glad you have finally got some more concrete plans for the Yuletide festivities 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Not got any motivation at all today, absolutely flat, with no good reason. 

Snap. You and me both. 

This thing is taking a toll on a lot of us. It is noticeable that the return to restricted life, dark evenings and cool damp days has coincided with an abrupt and almost complete silence from most people (here excepted) I call friends. 

It would be really good to have a yarn over a coffee or a beer with another human. Outdoors if needs be. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The Nice thing is bad.  One part of me wonders whether the Gendarmes need eye tests, only wounding him with 6 or 7 shots. The other part of me wonders if a long term of imprisonment will actually be a harsher punishment for the offender.

The Avignon police seem to be on the ball.

The harshest punishment would be for the offender to know that he would be buried in a mound of pig entrails.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I'm of the 52 vintage, born the year that HM came to the throne.   

Anyway the shower has been demolished.   I will post pictures of the state of the plinth.  We've just had a a good chat with Emily and her Mums.   That has certainly brightened up the day.  Possible bashing the plinth with a lump hammer has also helped.   However this is what has really made my day.

1955950338_PictureEmily.jpg.0d5f1696f1162babfd712ce40840fa47.jpg

Regards to all again.

Jamie

I can see the likeness.  Must be the yellow cycling top.

Seriously what a lovely present.  

• Like 9
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 4