The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention, this morning, that we had a thunderstorm during the night.  I thought nothing of it when I got up, took the breakfast bowls out of the dishwasher and found them with flakes of oats still on them and washed them clean.

Going back into the dishwater, a little later, to empty it, I discovered a layer of water in the bottom and some other items coated with bits of food.  Something gone wrong?  Sort after breakfast...

Then it twigged.  The clocks on the oven and microwave oven were flashing when I arrived in the kitchen...

Aha! A power cut...?

Dishwasher reset and it is fine.  :)

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Mucho skipping has had to happen - so as usual these days, many posts have not been read - generic greetings are the best I can offer.

Main reason for this is that the D word has been uttered again - this time the kitchen, which needed several walls painted, ceiling ditto, gloss work redone as it was allegedly tatty, then the most awkward wallpaper was hung - it has an 80cm repeat, and would not match unless jut about all of the 80cm was used, so there's only one roll left where there should have been two - but it was only £8 for five rolls at the car boot.

Back sometime next week

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, polybear said:

3 main rules in Rugby:

1. Bust their noses

2. Rip their ears off

3. Give 'em brain damage.

So what joker thinks this is a good game for kids?

Rule 4 = Fart in the scrum.  Especially if you are in the front row.  :O :stinker:

What joker thinks having schoolboys place their heads between the buttocks of others in the name of sport is good for their moral fibre and upbringing? ;)  

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Rule 4 = Fart in the scrum.  Especially if you are in the front row.  :O :stinker:

What joker thinks having schoolboys place their heads between the buttocks of others in the name of sport is good for their moral fibre and upbringing? ;)  

Not a good idea. As a front row forward you rely on the guys behind you to bind well. If they don't, you get lifted out of the scrum and penalised - both by the referee and the displaced rib cartilage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis has started banging away again so a couple paracetamols have been taken. Watching Countryfile at the moment but when that finishes a switch over to the GP highlights, if previous programs are anything to go by I should do so a few minutes before the start of the race.

• Like 14

Evening all, a pleasant if somewhat windy walk with the family stayed dry and although short, the walk recharged our batteries, nice to see the grandsons, pity our sons family live so far away, no idea when we will see them, thankfully video calls help. Might try and get some muddling done in the coming week.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The myth of the "extra hour" is government propaganda.  There are still just shy of 24 hours in each day and the daylight is only marginally shorter (in the UK) than it was yesterday.  Don't believe everything you read in the media / online :jester: 

Well after all I’ve given the government over the years I’m going to have that extra hour thank you very much.

Flippin’ party pooper.  :rolleyes_mini:

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

A point of amusement whilst having a walk through Laxey later was this house where they appear to have brought in the kid's ponies to cut the grass!  The horsebox was out the back.

20201025_125549.jpg.4a4977f9671ff3b9e12c097ccf1e25e1.jpg

No picture, but when I was taking my morning constitutional, a lady was standing by a bus stop with a horse on a halter (but no saddle).  The horse was busy trimming the adjacent grass.

Adrian

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Not a good idea. As a front row forward you rely on the guys behind you to bind well. If they don't, you get lifted out of the scrum and penalised - both by the referee and the displaced rib cartilage.

As a No.8 I fully endorse the idea that the rest of the scrum should refrain from breaking wind whenever possible. I have to say that the worst experiences I ever had on that score was when i played for a team where we had an all Welsh front row - sometimes the noise was deafening and I hated it when we tried keeping the ball in and making ground.

Dave

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

59 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

A point of amusement whilst having a walk through Laxey later was this house where they appear to have brought in the kid's ponies to cut the grass!  The horsebox was out the back.

20201025_125549.jpg.4a4977f9671ff3b9e12c097ccf1e25e1.jpg

I once saw a horse in the front garden of a council.house in the Airedale part of Castleford, that was a couple of years ago. About 5 years ago a horse was found in the back yard of a flat on Carlton street in Castleford the yard was tiny and you had to go round the back of the Argos delivery bay to find it. It was a flat above a shop in the town centre that backed on to the shopping centre and it was a large horse (not the type of big horse Swmbo asked for)

• Like 11
  • Funny 2

38 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

As a No.8 I fully endorse the idea that the rest of the scrum should refrain from breaking wind whenever possible. I have to say that the worst experiences I ever had on that score was when i played for a team where we had an all Welsh front row - sometimes the noise was deafening and I hated it when we tried keeping the ball in and making ground.

Dave

I thought someone said it was a game for gentleman?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 14