The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

...snip... Cats used to be worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt and they haven’t forgotten... ...snip... iD

How true!

...snip...It’s a pity that you can’t “name and shame“, because I think paying such obscenely bloated salaries to so-called “executives“ in these charities makes a mockery of what these charities were established to do. And should people really know the extent to which these “executives” are plundering the donations that people made in good faith to the charity for their own salaries, many charities would see a significant drop in donations. As I have posted before, the best way to support your charity of choice without paying for the inflated salaries of those who make a career on the backs of the charity’s volunteers, is to donate items - wherever possible - instead of money. ...snip... iD

Check out the Goodwill over here.

...snip...As for the perverted rationale that they have to “attract the right people“ by paying these ludicrous amounts of money, a line from Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar always comes to mind: “yond Cassius, he has a lean and hungry luck“.  ...snip...iD

I thought that the line is "lean and hungry look“.

• Like 4
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Then there is:

https://www.schiit.com/

I seem to remember there was a soft drink with that name. They used to advertise on the boards round the finish on ski runs. Very appropriate  if you didn't stop in time.

Anyway, good moaning again. It's groundhog day or seems like it. I am yet again awaiting the attentions of the fair Veronique. I got to the shop yesterday to find that I'd got the day wrong on the calendar and the hairdessers is closed on a Monday. However  the day was not wasted. Various jobs got done and in the afternoon I spent 2 hours cutting the grass, hopefully  the last time this year. I then had a successful time in the shed while Beth was on the phone.

Anyway i will be away soon after breakfast and attempt to carpe diem. So I will bid you all á bientot.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

It's still dark here and it looks like it's been raining with more forecast along with some sunny spells.

Earlier start today as "we" yet again "need" to visit Sainsbury's and want to get there and back before expected parcels are delivered.

Haven't seen a hedgehog in our garden for many years.  Plenty of bl##dy foxes though.  And cats.  

Back still aching after yesterday but I hope to continue painting track.  Also realised that before I can start ballasting there are quite a few missing sleepers to replace.  If a certain parcel does arrive time will be spent playing with  testing the contents.  Some here will approve of it, others not so much.  It is green and has two words beginning with G & W printed on the side.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Managed to get the grass cut yesterday. Cutting the front one gave me a feel how my grandad felt going over the top at the Somme.

Again I have a "majorhouseworkfree" day! Wooopppiiidddooo!.

But the rest of the week involves a load of cleaning as, a plumber is coming aling tomorrow to fit a new shower unit, a new spring up bath plug and a new bath side panel. More expense..pah!

I will now wander around the rest of ERs before grasping Tuesday by the neck to ensure it allowx me to all of the things I need to.

Have a great day!

Baz

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 hours ago, roundhouse said:

A friend sent me a link to Purple Moose brewery in Porthmadog. They are trying to clear their ales due to the impending lockdown in Wales so a 5 Litre minikeg is going for £15.00 and two for £25.00 so the £8.50 shipping still makes them a very good price when each one normally sells for £25.00 upwards. A minkeg of Dark Side of The Moose ( a really nice darkish brew) and Magdogs are on their way to me.

SWMBO got their email  moosage yesterday. 3 mini kegs on their way. Only when she checked out did she notice it was 2 for £25 or she would have bought a 4th. Too late by then. Grrrr. 

Edited by AndrewC
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning

Shopping for Mum done, taken to here where she cooked us both a meal. Went to sign in to her bank account and up came a page stating that htye had changed the sign in process requesting an ID or sign in using the card number and 3 digit card security code. I then smelled a rat and came out of it. Typed in the website and up came the correct page. I wonder how many people thats caught out.

Swapped cars but Probe's battery was so low that it wouldnt start so out came the jumper leads and it was soon running. Hopefully the 8 mile run home will mean that the battery is charged enough for me to take it round to the garage this morning for its MOT.

Just checked that our plan B for this weekend involving a bus to just short of Coulsdon is outside the tier 2 restrictions and it is, so as long as it doesnt rain we are good for a walk to a couple of pubs from that bus stop. However it seems that many are still using public transport in the London area for non essential trips. Plan C incase it rains is still being drawn up.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

Lack of sleep back to normal, less than 4 hours followed by about 1.5 hours...

While I was awake I realised I need more Sockets... , as I've forgotten I need several for the charging station, so many battery powered tools these days... a visit to Screwfix on the way home will be required.. I also need more sheets of OSB but the weather forecast precluded that, until the next set of stormy weather has passed.

A mug shot taken wearing your pyjamas should do OK...

We each have our home page on the company intranet... it's supposed to have your photo, on it, I've successfully avoided that, though there are regular email auto generated reminders .. 

Dull dark and dismal with a hint of added drizzle this morning for Ben I've changed my mind Collie this morning.. Changed his mind? yep, he went upstairs to take his position on the floor by SWMBOs side of the bed, which he occupies after i have gone to work.. Only as I went to go, there was a thunder on the stairs as he charged down to go out..

SWMBOs visit to the doc's she was given the brush off really, come back if nothing changes or it gets worse, in 2 weeks..

Yesterdays updating the calibrations of delayed Items went well, I'm now calibrating a reserve master Current shunt but it's too New to us to be used itself yet.. The boss has to buy them second hand off Ebay, as they are not made anymore.. he's trying to get a full secondary set of masters, but there are still a few holes in the list at the moment..

The zeroing procedure for the equipment I'm using today take about half an hour, so that's about to finish, then you feed the current shunts with power for 20 minutes till they warm up and stabilise, then you measure...

This one needs measuring at 2,5,10, and 20 Amps... Once that's done it will be to start the second temperature meter..

Time to... wait for warm up.. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings all from the boring borough. Day 2 of vulnerability scanning training. Thrills galore. <sigh>

Corporate mug shots are a thing with us as well. So is live video in teams meetings. I think about 1 in 10 of our dept actually have their pic on their profile, live chat in teams went out the window after the first 2 or 3 meetings. When people ask, I just say that I don't photograph, have a reflection, or shadow. 

I see that Channel 4 are to start showing Schitt's Creek. MiL sent the DVDs of the first 4 seasons a few years ago. Neither of us could get into it despite having been addicted to SCTV way back when. 

Little else of note. 

Enjoy the day.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Like Chris I have a Zoom meeting this evening, to try to sort out an AGM using the same. GDB you will have very few if any hedgehogs around if foxes are present as they are one of the main predators of hedgehogs.

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

And here is the young lady in question.

IMG-20201018-WA0000.jpg.7bbaef3263486145c0959080304e6805.jpg

Jamie

That reminded me of the three Yorkshiremen sketch; "When I was a lad we couldn't afford a pram so I was put in the wheelbarrow....."

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

And here is the young lady in question.

IMG-20201018-WA0000.jpg.7bbaef3263486145c0959080304e6805.jpg

Jamie

That is definitely the best pumpkin there. Does she know what you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well the sun is now shining, but everywhere is still wet after last nights rainfall, so I be doing no gardening today! Hopefully I’ll get to spend the day in the workshop that was postponed from yesterday. My recent re-organising of the workshop means access to all my paints, brushed, airbrushes etc is a lot easier now, so hopefully I’ll get the turntable well painted today. 

Sheila is at the hairdressers this morning, but she could only get a late morning (11:30) appointment. She won’t get home until after 1:30 and will then head straight for a shower as she’ll be covered in hair clippings, which if she doesn’t sort out, will drive her ‘mad’ her words. So today I’ll be dining alone this dinnertime, something I’ve not done for a while now. 

On the subject of company mug shots, it’s a good job I didn’t pose for mine wearing my pyjamas, I don’t have any! 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

That is definitely the best pumpkin there. Does she know what you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?

I believe that soup is to be made.

Jamie

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Mrs NHN dropped at her bus, then a 2 1/2  mile walk along Ramsey prom, a little cool and breezy this morning, and a less spectacular sunrise.  It'll be too dark soon to walk in the morning after dropping Debs at the bus station.

No plans for today after a fair bit of housework yesterday, so maybe garage time.  The bikes all need a good clean, the rare one will probably not go out again this year as the roads are getting muddy as a lot of harvesting and ploughing is going on around the village farms and Farmer Teare (Teare = Giles in English :lol:) doesn't clean things up afterwards.

20201020_080354.jpg.dd36926dace220d48ddfd69850c7dffd.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Like Chris I have a Zoom meeting this evening, to try to sort out an AGM using the same. GDB you will have very few if any hedgehogs around if foxes are present as they are one of the main predators of hedgehogs.

That reminded me of the three Yorkshiremen sketch; "When I was a lad we couldn't afford a pram so I was put in the wheelbarrow....."

There were 4 Yorkshiremen. 

I know, don't tell me. You were so poor you could only afford 3 Yorkshiremen. 

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Marie Celeste continues to sail on.. uncrewed (well they may be there but I am beginning to wonder what they do when they are at work from the snippets I got from Drac and the Draclettes..)... not in communication with anyone.. indeed they are now saying only email/phone IF you are in need of emergency support..

Bit too early for a calming beer or six I suppose.....

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

There were 4 Yorkshiremen. 

I know, don't tell me. You were so poor you could only afford 3 Yorkshiremen. 

Aye and two were from Wath..... (even worse at Yarnspinning!)

Baz

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ah yes, that's the girl that reminds me of a young Mrs H.  Said wifey unfortunately doesn't have a singing voice though - in the slightest!

They're very good aren't they, muchly impressed.

I thought that I'd posted that one as I remember that comment.

Morning All

Just had a phne call to tell me that the courier who was delivering the much awaited doll's house has been taken ill, and the proprietor of the antique centre is driving it here himself, from Lemonster to Lancaster - a 3 to 4 hour drive so many thanks to him - well I guess it's not every day that you sell a £2k piece, so they're going the extra mile to keep us happy - well done Andrew.

Back tomorrow

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Aye and two were from Wath..... (even worse at Yarnspinning!)

Baz

SWMBOS sister,   lives upon Derne.. they don't get on...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2