The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning one and all.....Freda is a little stunner Jam. You can't help but love any new arrival into this world. That look of innocence is priceless.

Sunny/overcast/sunny so difficult to asses what today holds in store.

I'm happily tweaking pointwork to increase the clearance on long wheelbase chassis. At least I now understand how a 37 will sail through and an 8F will bump through as though it was the worst piece of track ever built. A few minutes tweaking with a soldering iron and both extremes can be accommodated without problem. The key is leaving the check rails untouched and any widening is done by moving the stock rails out a few thou...

Have a good 'un whatever your plans. Anyone need some dust?....B)

• RMweb Gold

My thoughts exactly Mick!

Gordon: The innocent look is lovely isn't it. We've also found she has a few quirks. For example, she loves attacking newspaper! She also likes to sit on a small box underneath the radiator in the lounge!

Mike: Sounds intriguing! When will the project be unveiled? The aerial ropeway is a bit like you're describing on my diorama - not 100% sure how I'm going to construct it but I know it's going to take ages! laugh.gif

Well Freda is as adventurous as ever. She seems very keen to explore everything although she hasn't really moved from the lounge... yet!

And Rene Descartes was a drunken f**t, "I drink therefore I am"... :)

Jam - once I've got some ideas down on paper I'll hopefully start a thread in the Challenge Forum. Might inspire me to eventually do some work on my layout proper... A quick search of RMweb shows no usage of the term on the whole site for what I'm going to model... I'm going to tease you for a little longer just now though without details!

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Jam - lovely kitten, make sure you've got pet insurance while it's a youngster, and make sure that you get a lifetime cover option with no end date for claims on specific conditions. If you buy it while the kitten is young, you've no worries about exclusions for conditions that have been treated prior to buying.

Phil nice to see you driving the best all round steam loco ever built - (ducks behind parapet)

Wet and overcast here.

Not a lot else to say today.

Regards to All

Stewart

Nice pictures there Dominik.

Bischofsheim is an independent community of about 12,000 inhabitants

One of whom is me! I'm about five minutes walk from the yard.

Sometimes the 294's also do trip workings from the yard. Either down the line to Opel of over to the oil depot sidings at Gustavsburg.

Any idea what the V100 was doing at Kostheim? I think they were doing some track work there the last time I crossed the line.

• RMweb Premium

One of whom is me! I'm about five minutes walk from the yard.

Now how's that for a coincidence? :lol: If you should ever intend to build a German-themed layout, you'd have some rather good inspiration for it right at your doorstep!

Interestingly, Bischofsheim's history of having belonged to the city of Mainz is still reflected in the station's operational code from the "DS100" directory, where it is called FMB – F referring to the Frankfurt directorate of both Deutsche Reichsbahn and Deutsche Bundesbahn, and M to Mainz. Mainz Central Station is designated FMZ, by the way.

Sometimes the 294's also do trip workings from the yard. Either down the line to Opel of over to the oil depot sidings at Gustavsburg.

Whie I was riding to Bischofsheim, I saw two 185s at Rüsselsheim Opelwerk – one from DB Schenker and one privately owned. There also were three Opel shunters scurrying around the factory yard.

Any idea what the V100 was doing at Kostheim? I think they were doing some track work there the last time I crossed the line.

I actually saw a work crew doing what looked like some kind measuring and alignment work right next to the platform at tracks 1 and 2 – around the points where the S9 line veers in from Kastel.

• RMweb Gold

Now how's that for a coincidence?

, I saw two 185s at Rüsselsheim Opelwerk s where the S9 line veers in from Kastel.

One of my 185s was trundling along the DCC test track this morning! This was as a result of needing something to test a new decoder (the Train$ave £11.50 4 function decoder) in. I don't know how accurate the Piko Hobby 185 is but mine is a very pretty shade of blue. Decoder seems OK as well.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

It's looking to be sunny outside and is predicted to remain like that for today. I'll be off for Leipzig after my course tomorrow, though only till Monday this time – just to give you all advance notice ;) .

Cheers!

Or only 9.40 p.m. here on the west coast!

BoD - I sympathise. I've been suffering from insomnia most of this week.

Morning All,

It's quite a nice morning here. A few fluffy white clouds, but otherwise blue sky and sunshine.

I'm feeling a little tired this morning, but it will be quite a busy day.

Have a good one everybody...

Morning All,

Phill, you sure have some garden railway there!...

Jam, kittens are great arent they, little life exploring and playing, good company too.

Well at least today I (hopefully!) wont have to spend 4 hours sat in a "go-slow" because a container and its truck parted company, which is a pretty regular occurrence here.

Enjoy the day folks!

Good morning all.

Cloudy and dull at present. May get some blue sky later on though.

Sorry about the insomnia BoD.

I don't know a cure.

Maybe take a kitten to bed with you. The purring may help you to sleep.

Speak to Jam.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, mixed weather forecast again today but it is sunny at the moment. Don one of my cats woke me up at about 4.20 am this morning I was not amused at all.

Rabbit update the bunny now weighs 1.1 kg not bad for a months growth from 0.5 kg.

Edited by skipepsi

Good morning all

Insomnia strikes here now. I've counted the sheep - twice.

Lucky it was you and not Dd - if he was counting sheep where he lives he could be on till next Thursday! ;)

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Bright and breezy in Edinburgh though still lots of cloud. We've had thunder two days running in late afternoon/early evening. Sadly not when it's dark enough to see the lightning properly.

Rabbit update the bunny now weighs 1.1 kg not bad for a months growth from 0.5 kg.

Good news Mick - particularly given that the Bunny wasn't expected to make it!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very nice morning here but it forecast to rain this afternoon although there are no rain clouds to be seen at the moment.

Today I will be mainly waiting for a package from Amazon to arrive. I had to replace the wireless adapters that connect the tv and blu-ray player to the internet as they were not compatible with the security settings on the replacement router we got from BT a few months ago. As the device I selected (amazingly cheap) worked on the TV I ordered another one.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

Yes, I'm sure our little kitten will help you sleep - her purring is quite therapeutic in an odd way. Speaking about her, she's currently playing with my trousers and trying to bite my laptop lead. Think we may have to hide all the cables! She climbed the stairs for the first time yesterday too.

Well today my only two jobs are geography revision and playing with Freda to keep her company. I expect she'll sleep about 4 times though. Yesterday we found her sleeping under the sofa! laugh.gif

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking 'What' reading Tony's post then I realised that the playstation 3 which we use as a blu-ray player and the Sony TV are linked to the internet already. I don't know how it happened it just is! 'Yours bemused of Chesterfield'