The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
On 29/09/2020 at 12:18, iL Dottore said:

Something for ChrisF

A lovely homage to Flanders & Swann

Brilliant!

Same problem as The Q - but no edit buttons visible at the moment so I thought that I would submit and then edit ... but again no edit  ...

Monday  is our Silver Wedding - was always going to be low-key but current situation and unwillingness to go out means it will be even lower key but ... I have planned a small surprise so hope that will help.

Edited by PeterBB
Music still will not edit out
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

I do not understand why all the politics are being mentioned when it is against RMweb rules.

Not sure that the orange one is a proper politician.

• Agree 11
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, 

6 hours sleep so far,  I still need more, I spent much of yesterday yawning.. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

A week ago I had decided to spend a couple of days at the coast. We've had mostly delightful weather but I picked the first major rainstorm of the Autumn/Winter seasons and the drive over was horrendous with very limited visibility at times.  A couple of ERs are familiar with the Pelican on the beach at Pacific City. Open but a strange experience in these CoViD days. Simply crossing the street from the pub after dinner, the right side of my trousers were saturated. The rain was almost horizontal.

Ian @roundhouse  might like to know that their Märzenbier (Bronze God) was very good (bottled six packs were also locally available), as was the "Turkey bird" a red/amber ale aged in Wild Turkey whiskey barrels. 

We should have been visiting Pacific City back in July but fingers crossed for next year although not holding my breath. We have been to the coast in brilliant sunshine and also very heavy rain. Thats one of their brews that I have yet to try. Also we have yet to visit Pelicans tow other more recent establishments in Tillamook and Canon City.

However just planning a road trip around the UK is not that easy these days due to loco lockdowns popping up around the country. We have booked a trip on the Churnet Valley railway  with breakfast for £20 each which isnt bad considering that some preserved railways are charging £75 for a compartment - good value for a family but for just two of us its quite pricey especially if you are not allowed to wander around the stations at each end. All hotels booked so far can be cancelled at last minute just incase the local area stops people form travelling in and out. Strangley, Thornbridge Brewery tap in Bakewell doent allow groups (max 6 of course) from different households but I am not aware of the area having such a lockdown. If we do visit the brewery, it will just be the two of us but accomodation isnt cheap in that town.

Today we are down on the coast for haircut and see other halfs Mum. So some overgrowth cutting in her Mums garden and maybe a quick pint opposite but then will have to rush back to collect the other car from the garage.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Post attempt 2.

Chuckinitdarn here this morning. 

This weekend should have been spent eating pies, drinking beer and creating chaos on a near scale representation of Chapel-en-le-Frith (Central). But wigan show was cancelled so I may have to find other things to do. Pah!!!

The day will probably consist of cutting and pasting the family tree together ..just wish I had an A0 printer!!

Enjoy your day whatever you do!

Baz

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  part 2, 

Not much further sleep was had,  Ben the I want out Collie had other ideas,  he immediately charged down the garden,  I didn't see what it was,  but we have seen a muntjac and fawn in the garden a few times recently.

The garden looks like its winter,  many trees shrubs,  plants are going rapidly brown, battered by last weeks storm, leaves dropping everywhere.

Today's planned work,  weather permitting,  

Jack /hoist up the boat,  insert more support blocks, lower boat, 

Get ladder to the telephone attachment to house,  the cable is OK,  but the support tensioner seems to be adrift. 

Make the missing piece for the entrance plywood wall to the alleyway.  Its an odd shape, and will need lots of measurements. 

Time permitting after that,  start cutting cladding to fit over the plywood,  it will use lots of the shorter bits left over from the BBQ cladding. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Brilliant!

Same problem as The Q - but no edit buttons visible at the moment so I thought that I would submit and then edit ... but again no edit  ...

Coming weekend  is our Silver Wedding - was always going to be low-key but current situation and unwillingness to go out means it will be even lower key but ... I have planned a small surprise so hope that will help.

The edit button is hidden under the three little dots, top right hand corner of the post.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

The reply box was empty this morning, last night it had stuff from weeks ago in it.

Grey and 11c out, grey and warmer inside.

Mrs H off to Pilates soon, when I have a walk and a brew but after a very poor night's sleep it may not be much of a walk.  Then some minor shopping and lunch maybe in Laxey, at that veggie/vegan/still hungry restaurant maybe.  If not there than maybe the Pavillion up the glen. Rainfall radar show the pleut is on its way, maybe by lunchtime. The northeast looks like it is having red rain currently.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I do not understand why all the politics are being mentioned when it is against RMweb rules.

We can't always avoid all politics here. It is too closely related to the rest of life such as electrification of the railways. As I understand it, what the rules really aim to avoid is party politics.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Brilliant!

Coming weekend  is our Silver Wedding - was always going to be low-key but current situation and unwillingness to go out means it will be even lower key but ... I have planned a small surprise so hope that will help.

Happy Anniversary to you and Susan, Peter, I hope you can at least celebrate with Family over the phone if not in person.

BTW as Josef Pestell has said, the EDIT button is now top right under the 3 Dots, or as I find, sometimes just as the word EDIT, alongside the Dots.

All the best and you and Susan look after yourselves, I still miss the old Club, and it's CHAIR.:laugh:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

The edit button is hidden under the three little dots, top right hand corner of the post.

and Andy.

Yes, and I like the three buttons but on this one and the repeat there were no buttons.  This was probably due to the fact that the original post pre-dated the upgrade.  The good news is that it has not appeared on this reply.  

Thanks to those wishing us well.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2