The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I don’t know what they have done with the notifications, but to say it is now pretty ghastly and that’s somewhat of an understatement.

It used to be you’d be notified when someone quoted you (which was useful as you could see what was quoted and the response to that quote) now you get notified whenever someone “reacts” to a post one has posted.

Quite frankly, my self esteem and ego are not so fragile that I need to be notified every time a post of mine gets a “like” or an “agree”....

I’ve gone to settings, but I see no option to be notified only of being quoted. It appears to be all “reacts” or nothing.

Anyway, no point in worrying about it now, something for tomorrow.

Gute Nacht

iD

• Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

'dafternoon all,

Reporting for duty pricked and protected.  The flu shot was administered an hour ago and makes me among the first in the company this year to have taken up their generous offer.  The pharmacy cannot accommodate me until "the second wave" of vaccinations as they must attend to the over-65s first.  I don't qualify for that - yet - but I'm getting alarmingly close.  The surgery likewise has advised they cannot accept me until "at least late October" owing to NHS limits but somehow the employer has obtained enough vaccine ..... 

Weather has been sunny but clod.  Tomorrow is forecast to be wet and widny.  The thermals are on stand-by.  

My local GP surgery is dealing with over-65s first. That was the first question I was asked when I rang them up last week to book it. As i'm not in that age bracket, my jab is scheduled for just over 2 weeks from now. (I am classed as at-risk because I have mild asthma)

The pharmacy in my work town is not administering any paid for jabs yet - regardless of age or infirmity - advising folks to contact their local GP/surgery.

Tooth wrangler visit tomorrow for a wash and brush up only. This is a reschedule from a June appointment. This was also supposed to be a combined visit for a regular checkup but they didn't inform me that it had been altered to hygienist only until I called today and confirmed my appointment. So that's another visit I'll have to arrange via a day off................

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I don’t know what they have done with the notifications, but to say it is now pretty ghastly and that’s somewhat of an understatement.

It used to be you’d be notified when someone quoted you (which was useful as you could see what was quoted and the response to that quote) now you get notified whenever someone “reacts” to a post one has posted.

Quite frankly, my self esteem and ego are not so fragile that I need to be notified every time a post of mine gets a “like” or an “agree”....

I’ve gone to settings, but I see no option to be notified only of being quoted. It appears to be all “reacts” or nothing.

Gute Nacht

iD

not impressed with the changes for many reasons.  I am hoping the work Andy has said he is to do (see header message) restores some of what was the set up earlier in the week.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Gute Nacht

iD

The new version is slowly regaining some/most of the settings of the previous iteration. I don't know of the technicalities, but I think it's something to do with rebuilding the database.

If you find that something is missing or not working as before, then report via the relevant thread and he's usually on the case pretty quickly.

• Like 7
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

It used to be you’d be notified when someone quoted you (which was useful as you could see what was quoted and the response to that quote) now you get notified whenever someone “reacts” to a post one has posted. ...snip...

Gute Nacht

iD

My notifications have always stated:

"(insert names here) reacted to a post in a topic Early Risers."

I see no changes on my end.

Maybe the wording should be changed from "a" to "your" and the "a" to "the", that kind of makes more sense grammatically; at least to me. Or eliminate the words "a topic" altogether.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To make a change/addition.
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Been a strange day today for all sorts of reasons..

Our jabs are scheduled for a week on Saturday. Needles have never bothered me but any sight of my blood being drawn makes me a bit light headed.

Baz

Sat 10th seems to be R M Web National Needle in the arm day.:o

• Agree 3
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the weather has been mostly sunny all day, but we had a heavy shower mid morning and another one late afternoon. Sheila had been to see the dental hygienist this afternoon and had only been in a few minutes when it chuckinitdarn, so she was very lucky there. This was followed by quite a spectacular rainbow, very bright and vivid colours, the colour separation was the clearest I’ve ever seen, but the trees at the back of our garden obscured most of it so I couldn’t get a good photo. 

More sorting out and tidying up has been done in the workshop and I now have items that I use occasionally in the two inner drawers next to my bench and other less well used items in the two outer drawers. I got rid of quite a bit of stuff too, a medium sized bin bag was filled, but only after I’d salvaged the bits I thought could be useful.

I’m not ‘OLD’ enough to get a flu jab yet, but I will be next year, Sheila is though and the earliest date she could get for her jab was 22 October! I’m not sure if our GP’s will offer under 65s the jab later in the year, I’ll have to see. 

The evening was spent catching up with some recorded TV. 

Goodnight all. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Chsrente where it was a bit wet and windy last night. According to the seaweed wranglers we have got at least another 8 rainy days in store.  

Not a lot to report here but this morning we are supposed to be making yet another attempt to get onto the French driving licence website.  My presence has been requested. 

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Filled the hole made by the fox and capped it with a concrete slab. Interesting item on the Repair Shop today, a treadle operated jig saw (the machine not the puzzle). I remember my dad having one back in the 50's but I can't remember what he made with it. It certainly wouldn't comply with current health and safety. Tea has brewed, be back later.

The company that marketed it, is " Hobbies" Still around today, https://www.hobbies.co.uk/?utm_campaignid=367543635&adid=&addisttype=o&matchtype=p&msclkid=5b94fc0280f11839df6aa3743c3f24f5&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Hobbies Brand&utm_term=hobbys&utm_content=Hobbies Brand .

I've used them once or twice in the days before Amazon and ebay as they were always heavily into mail order..

I wouldn't call  that any more dangerous than a modern machine, in fact you probably have more control of it than a electric powered fretsaw of today.

You can pick up those old Hobbies fretsaws, and their wood lathe equivalent  off ebay for £50 +

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 9

56 minutes ago, polybear said:

**Bear Newsflash**

Well it seems that Trumpie has tested positive for C-19.  Let's hope it's not too serious.

**End of Newsflash**

(Note: this Newsflash *may* contain a blatant lie....) :lol:

As seen on Twitter. "Hidin' from Biden". "Thoughts and prayers to the Corona virus at this difficult time". "Sympathy votes". 

Moaning all from the boring borough. Day 2 of compliance and risk training. <yawn> 

Little else to say really so enjoy the day and have a great weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2