The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I get messages from Sooty and Sweep...

And the Clangers.

Now those I would definitely "friend"......

Chrisf:  Do you remember (maybe even a member of?) the Tingha and Tucker Club?  I still have the membership card and badge somewhere?  Google is your friend...

And here's a little tune to set everyone up for the day (can you name all four - no cheating - three are pretty easy, the fourth throws most people....):

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, polybear said:

How's the freezer coping?

No Problem with the 3 freezers, the fridge freezer in the kitchen , nor the two chest freezers in the unheated (frost stat only) conservatory. All are full at the moment which helps.. A working freezer should last 24 hours without power easily, if unopened, and since we couldn't cook anything anyway they stayed closed...

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit damp this morning and the wet weather is heading out to the North Sea. I'm nice and snug this morning, just drawing all the curtains made quite a difference. Now time to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Her indoors has opened all of her cards and presents...21 again!!

I will contact the dentist, the van hire and a certain large credit card company as they have mucked a payment up.

Nice to see @skipepsi posting. I hope you are well!

Missing too are @Dave Hunt, @Kingzance , @Happy Hippo  and others.

@Robert and @NGT6 1315 are missing as is @Ozexpatriate and longer term missing ERs including  @trisonic

Hope they are all well!

Grab today and make it do what you want it too.

Baz

Well a very Happy Birthday to Mrs Baz,:good: brave Lady me thinks.:lol:

• Like 3
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium

Rand the Dentist.. appointment only if you are in "agony".. I know its tough for them .. but... "we are overwhelmed by demands for appointments"  ..

Van hire for the weekend cancelled.. deposit returned - result!

Her indoors is quite happy and thanks for your best wishes for her.

Gasman is "in the area"...

Off to post a parcel to Chile. This is a first!  Lets see what my sub PO makes of it!

I only included  a small list of "missing ERs"  we could go on for some time and would include pH, BBishop etc..

so @45156 not all ERs are visiting - a few lurk as well.. John Wass, Two Sugars,etc.

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Q, bread is one of the real BG killers.  I eat Burgen, which has less carbs, but only 2 slices a day max.  it also has less taste and less.....breadyness.....but it is better than nothing.  Rice and pasta are next in the list, cauli or soy substitutes are OK.

All the talk about wholegrain having less GI etc I find wrong, it make no difference whatsoever, but cutting the foodstuff out completely works!

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Mrs Baz and Mrs GDB.

Not much to report here and hope that additional restrictions are not proving to arduous for those affected- we trust that is not the reason why they have not posted for a while -  and of course hope we do not have them here.  Quite a bit of overnight rain but at this moment - sunny.

Local club O gaugers now have DCC and are pontificating greatly.  The system is fail safe DC/DCC requiring the main power to be switched off before it can be changed from one to the other, all with very visible lighting.  Now means one week one and the next week the other.  A great change after what must be at least 40 years of running.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1