The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

The images (on the Wheeltappers F1 thread) of the Unimog clearing up the track after the incidents at the Tuscan Grand Prix  inspired me to order a similar vehicle for my race track. Not yellow but I wasn’t going to pay lots of money for a yellow one. I just need to make a brush and vacuum unit out of scrap plasticard.  Aditi said she liked the toy lorry. 
8120CB3A-3140-4B06-9EFA-E511886247BF.jpeg.ecb24804f83416db5d9cd1eb6eb6045b.jpeg

The unimog on that thread looks fantastic 

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

This was the sort i used to drive hydrostaticdrive based on a forklift chassis can get around 30mph in drive much less in work mode

image.png.03e9d5f8cd75fcd878c35a0aa9d23271.png

I saw one of those tip over on a roundabout in Basildon once. It wasn’t driving itself but on a trailer. The towing vehicle was going rather quickly and the sweeper tipped off. Didn’t hit me and at first I thought the driver didn’t even notice he had lost his load. 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I believe Sally is suffering from wind, and definitely not behaving like a lady.. 

Keep your head down.  ...snip...

By the time that Mrs. Sally visits here, she will not be too flatulent.

On a serious note, Sally is no longer being traacked as a tropical storm by the NWS, only being called "Remnants of Sally".

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

And for the moment teddy is tracking to the North of you. 

I see the other Norfolk is getting somewhat wet.. 

• Informative/Useful 9

Good Afternoon all 

G word managed an hour and a half before knees gave in. G bin now nearly full again thats 3 times this year its gone out full. 

Rolo the dachshund enjoyed himself and is now inspecting eyelids

Gwiver glad Mrs G has made some positive steps well done her

Jamie hope you managed to get the a/c on the volvo fixed 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
On 14/09/2020 at 17:34, Sasquatch said:

Totally agree Neil.

It's all down to finding out your optimum carb requirements and never eating too much of one type. Also lots of protein because it slows digestion. I now have the ultimate, an insulin pump with constant glucose monitoring and  can now see whats happening 24/7.

The trick of course is to keep moving and burn it off. Two border collies and a mountain help tremendously. My endocrinologist is very happy, he wouldn't even tickle my feet last time.

To all diabetics I would heed closely to the instruction given by your health team and if you're not happy go find a different team. Take the time to learn about food and how it affects your blood glucose. Say goodbye to piles of mash, big plates of spaghetti  and cake (unless you're planing on a 20 mile bike ride or climbing  Ben Nevis) .

After thirty years I'm still learning.

Regards Shaun.

My latest food searches find that foods contain antihistamines - good to eat  :good:- or histamines - bad to eat :nono:.  

That is, if you have hay fever, for instance.  

But does it work?  Well, after eating my beloved Marmite Toasties I feel a sight worse than after drinking a spiced ginger and blackberry mugatea (one tea bag spiced ginger + one tea bag blackberry and blueberry brewed together).  Fortunately, my diet contains a large proportion of the former group.  Unfortunately, some of my favourite foods contain the latter!  Ah, well, at least I know I can brew up a spicy mugatea when it gets rough!

As to tooting on the flute, breathing is not the only issue at the moment.  It is a lot warmer indoors due to the current "not quite a heatwave" so sweaty fingers stick to the fife and do not clear the holes at the right time.  Interesting sound!!!  Not!!!

I stayed up to watch the whole cricket match highlights last night...

:cry:

Click and Collect from Tess Coe's, today.  One interesting item I was not expecting turned up - a pack of coffee filters.  Er...We do not drink filtered coffee so what are these for, I wondered.  On interrogating asking said person who completed the order....

WARNING!  This might upset the AWL!

...it turns out, one filter is required for the new Lockdown arrival, namely a live steam quarry Hunslet - first steam up expected tomorrow! http://www.roundhouse-eng.com/pdf/reviewpdfs/grlillareview.pdf

I have been told that Death in Paradise is due to start shortly, so I had better brew up before it starts.

Fitt :training: and :danced: Elfie getting back into the swing of things.

A lot of catching up on here to do so hope everyone is doing OK.

Take care and play safe.:hunter:

_________

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, southern42 said:

And where does one draw the line between Hay Fever and Allergic Rhinitis?  Arbitrarily in at least some cases but to my mind (and to my long-suffering nose) if one sneezes and has the irrits for much of the year then it is AR.  Or in my case the delightful joys of something called CARAS.  Combined Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma Syndrome.  

In preparation for Speak Like A Pirate Day on Saturday I shall leave you with this (Covid-secure and carefully face-covered) thought.  Arrrrrrr - CHOO!!!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Good evening!

35 minutes ago, southern42 said:

My latest food searches find that foods contain antihistamines - good to eat  :good:- or histamines - bad to eat :nono:.  

Sounds an interesting idea; is there a list anywhere? I'm fed up with splashing out on ginger and turmeric supplements and generic chlorphenamine (piriton [others are surely available] - you're paying for the brand as well!) and would welcome any alternatives!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ahhh! Bullsh1t Bingo!  A handy game played in boring meetings.. problem is to remember not to stand up and shout "Bingo!" 

Baz

On a recent trip to Grovers (electrical and plumbing) if found myself in need of assistance  and took my number ticket from the dispenser. After about 10 minutes  my number came up real quick and I shouted "BINGO" in my best Aussie accent, much to the amusement  of the other customers. :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by Sasquatch
best 4 bet
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. A bit late this evening, I had a call from my niece and we ended up talking for over two hours.  Tony, I had a couple of Unimog models, in yellow, 1/43 scale. I might have them somewhere, if I find them your more than welcome to one. Now to get on with Farcebook, be back later.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, southern42 said:

But does it work?  Well, after eating my beloved Marmite Toasties I feel a sight worse than after drinking a spiced ginger and blackberry mugatea (one tea bag spiced ginger + one tea bag blackberry and blueberry brewed together).  Fortunately, my diet contains a large proportion of the former group.  Unfortunately, some of my favourite foods contain the latter!  Ah, well, at least I know I can brew up a spicy mugatea when it gets rough!

Best wishes

Polly

Hi Polly.

We always feel ten years younger the morning after a big organic salad!

For years I ate a bowl of shredded wheat topped with a sprinkling of flakes for breakfast and thought that yucky feeling was the insulin. I also had IBS for years, now I know that I just can't eat it. 

As for marmite toasties. They're a bit of a treat in our household due to the rarity and cost of that commodity over here!

regards Shaun 

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

59 minutes ago, Barry O said:

problem is to remember not to stand up and shout "Bingo!" 

In pevious employ we had an 'address' by high ups from Canada. Someone (wonder who that was) had distributed some cards for such a bingo. and someone did just do that. 

I had arranged for a separate screen elsewhere for those higher up in the company with the 'reason' that it would be too crowded in one room.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Forgot to mention. The gas engineer called this afternoon and confirmed as I thought it was the system filter unit. The bad news is that a new one is required and it will take a couple of days for a replacement. He will come and fit it on Monday, just as well we're social distancing. :stink:

• Friendly/supportive 18