The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Apparently the light pottering in the garden involves removing a couple of shrubs and creating a vegetable patch. Our soil makes any kind of gardening hard work. I wish Gardener's World was filmed on a site with heavy South Essex clay, they wouldn't be so quick to suggest half their "things to do this weekend". I'll see if I can find a radio that works in the garden then I can listen to the cricket while I pretend to dig.

Tony

We've got a vegetable plot.

I bought my Wife a tlller - worth it just to see her manhandling it whilst I'm having a beer..... We grow all the Italian stuff - Tomatos, Peppers (Bell and Hot), Zucchini and Cucumber, etc., etc. We also have three Fig trees. It's worth it for the freshness and who can say with all that E-Coli about?

Stewart - I'm betting your beast had a bad fungus infection.........

Later, Pete.

PS WD40 is very good for cleaning spades and the suchlike.

PPS My Daughter's Confirmation today. I'd been invited to the NYCAmpShow - the first time i've missed it since its inception, may turn up tomorrow.

Afternoon all! Listening to TMS, thank goodness for a recovery from yesterday morning's score...

I've taken note, folks - no WD40 will go on the bike! :yes: It's going for service on Friday, so we'll see if the bearings need replacing.

• RMweb Premium

Stewart - I'm betting your beast had a bad fungus infection.........

Could be Pete - my money's actually on an anaerobic bacteria as this appears to have flared up after the eardrum healed, which would cut the air supply to the middle ear, and allow an anaerobic bug to thrive. No doubt we'll be back under the ear speciaist again once the lab tests come in.

• RMweb Premium

Weather over here's been rather muggy and teetering on the edge of a thunderstorm for about an hour now. We just had another heavy shower, and as I'm typing this a bolt of lightning seems to have touched down within a few kilometres.

I also did make a bit of progress on that BB 27000 of mine, which is good :yes: .

It is absolutely chucking it down here. We seem to be in the middle of a rain storm with thunder and lightning to boot.

Ironic really, I finally decided to water the lawn this afternoon :lol:

• RMweb Premium

It is absolutely chucking it down here. We seem to be in the middle of a rain storm with thunder and lightning to boot.

Ironic really, I finally decided to water the lawn this afternoon :lol:

Yeah, we're also having the fourth thunderstorm of the day as I'm typing this! :blink:

• RMweb Gold

We've got a vegetable plot.

I bought my Wife a tlller - worth it just to see her manhandling it whilst I'm having a beer.....

When we moved in here my father in law lent me his tiller. This wasn't a puny model, he had 4 acres to care for, and I had to dismantle it to get it into the back garden. The tiller blade broke trying to cope with baked clay.

I did get the two hebe shrubs out but it was more work than I had anticipated.

Aditi is trying to lose 5000 words from her dissertation. She has reduced it by about 200 in a couple of days. I think she would rather be digging up shrubs.

Tony

When we moved in here my father in law lent me his tiller. This wasn't a puny model, he had 4 acres to care for, and I had to dismantle it to get it into the back garden. The tiller blade broke trying to cope with baked clay.

I did get the two hebe shrubs out but it was more work than I had anticipated.

Aditi is trying to lose 5000 words from her dissertation. She has reduced it by about 200 in a couple of days. I think she would rather be digging up shrubs.

Tony

In Word, go to "find", type THE in the box then hit delete... ;)

• RMweb Premium

But surely then it would be unredble

Oh, I don't know. Assuming somebody wrote a thesis on options for spelling reforms, that might just be the way of illustrating them!

• RMweb Gold

But surely then it would be unredble

It is to me anyway! She is having a break at the moment as her computer needed its anti-virus software replacing. Fortunately I had obtained the necessary disc in anticipation of this event.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Sun is shining at the moment and I assume we'll be in for yet another scorcher – it certainly was one yesterday! I wonder if the rain we had will have had a significant effect on the vegetation around here – farmers have been complaining about likely crop failures for a while now. I don't think I'll be doing much work on the PRIMA today, given that I would need those photoetch sets for the next major steps.

Have a good Sunday, guys... :yes:

Morning All,

It certainly looks like it is going to be another hot day, Dominik!

I cut my hedge yesterday, which is a pretty terrible job at the best of times. Not helped by the fact that my hedge cutter crapped out half way through, and I had to go and get another one! :angry:. It can probably be repaired, but needs a major strip down.

We may well have some more thunderstorms later - it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, I have a quieter day planned today, Church this morning and then off to see a friend this afternoon.

Have a good one everybody...

Morning. Just got back from Church. It rained quite heavily during Mass but stopped in time for me to get home dry. But it is nevertheless another grey, cold, overcast wet day.

I hope it's better where you are. Happy Sunday all.

• RMweb Gold

Rather cooler and somewhat overcast here although the forecast suggests 25C and sunny later. When I woke up this morning I was convinced it was Monday and that we had overslept.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Good morning people.

All being well I am off to the NRM at Shildon this morning. The local model railway club is holding an exhibition there. Layouts and traders spread amongst the exhibitions. A coffee shop too. It doesn't get much better railway wise.

Have a good day one and all.

Morning all!

Enjoy the event at the NRM, BoD. I know Mick from Durham Trains of Stanley's got his trade stall there so there should be some good bargains.

Off to Glasgow shortly. Not sure what I'm doing today. Edinburgh's dry but grey, Glasgow's meant to be rain today. :(

• RMweb Premium

I cut my hedge yesterday, which is a pretty terrible job at the best of times.

Even more so in the kind of heat we've been having yesterday, I'm sure! :blink: Our old hedge cutter has been disabled twice – both times due to a severed cord, though :laugh: . After the second time, it was then replaced by a fairly new one which my aunt no longer needed. I never much liked the old cutter anyway, as the cutter bar was too short for my taste.

Guest Max Stafford

"Edinburgh's dry but grey, Glasgow's meant to be rain today."

Trust me Mike, it was ever thus...! :lol: Weatherwise, Carlisle could generally be considered as 'Glasgow Lite'! ;)

Didn't get to my appointment with the 37 yesterday but that's my plan for today. Tony's birthday dinner was good though!

Dave.