The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

I take it you have had yours done, care to expand as it something we are thinking about.

Sure, no problem....especially if cake is involved.......

I'll post some words and piccies later today if that's ok?

Cheers,

Bear

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Good Lunchtime all,

It is hot and sunny Upon the Hill of Strawberries with that "hot" smell in the air I associate with sub-Tropical regions.  It was however rather fresh first thing and may be again later once the sun lowers.  

I should be enjoying myself on the lawns but it is Student Moving Day.  There is a van loading, another waiting for the space and there are younger persons coming and going carrying various bags, boxes and items of furniture. Any other year they would have been assured of an offer of my help.  This year I am reluctantly obliged to observe in a frustrated fashion whilst they struggle and take ages (plus lots of Hufflepuff) to do what I could achieve in seconds.  If asked, however, I am always willing ..... 

In other news one of our new neighbours is already in trouble with the landlord.  They reversed a car into the large wooden driveway gates which are now hanging at an unusual angle.  Whilst they failed to report the damage they were observed by another neighbour.  Oops.  Honesty is always the best policy.  They would probably just get a nice "please be more careful next time" email that way not a formal warning.  

A box of surplus small-wheeled items is also out on the doorstep awaiting collection by the Twickenham & District MRC hopefully to benefit their Covid-affected coffers slightly.  

I'll be back later.  I can find weeds to pull and shrubs to trim whilst observing other events.  The G-word has its uses!  

I wonder if these students are as scantily clad as the one that you reported moving the desk out

• Like 8
  • Funny 8

2 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Chris f did Wesley solve your problem or did thst get overlooked. 

He gave me a number to call in the event of those who are dealing with it not calling me back.  I have now reported it three times and there had better not be a fourth.  If there is, I shall go very public.

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 17

Chewsday it is...

I've NO IDEA how I warranted this advertisement set today...

Ad-0915.jpg.962366845e284ea25a1528599f793096.jpg

:O

Very quiet yesterday until the evening when we entertained - still distancing - friends we've not seen since January. Need to catch up and given they are, like ourselves mostly avoiding "people" we felt a distancing get together on the porch would be OK. Wine and various edibles dutifully consumed, along with much reminiscing about travel, and the lack of such plans this year. :(

Nothing else happening here, skies starting to be overcast with some smoke from the western fires reaching us.

I'm off this afternoon to take Bob for a visit to his second "home" the location the Mrs works and where he was found wandering. They like to see him and we've not managed it since February, again, since the entire family are distancing (but the Mrs has been working there mostly all along) they've decided it will be OK to do...

14 first thing hazy sun through smoke filled skies, expected to move to a warmer 28 later.

Carry on.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Its a lovely day here too, wall to wall sunshine incredibly warm for mid September 

Yes, definitely an Indian Summer and likely to be with us for at least week although max temperatures here are forecast a bit from Thursday onwards.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/temperature/indian-summer

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Back again, no bath this morning, no hot water! The boiler had shut down so I re-pressurised it but it only ran for a few seconds before shutting down again. A closer examination revealed a leak, not in the boiler itself but in the filter which is a separate item. I've managed to get some one in to fix it but not until Thursday. :mad: 

I hope you will be social distancing until then Phil, haha.:lol:

• Funny 13

18 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday it is...

Very quiet yesterday until the evening when we entertained - still distancing - friends we've not seen since January. Need to catch up and given they are, like ourselves mostly avoiding "people" we felt a distancing get together on the porch would be OK. Wine and various edibles dutifully consumed, along with much reminiscing about travel, and the lack of such plans this year. :(

Nothing else happening here, skies starting to be overcast with some smoke from the western fires reaching us.

I'm off this afternoon to take Bob for a visit to his second "home" the location the Mrs works and where he was found wandering. They like to see him and we've not managed it since February, again, since the entire family are distancing (but the Mrs has been working there mostly all along) they've decided it will be OK to do...

14 first thing hazy sun through smoke filled skies, expected to move to a warmer 28 later.

Carry on.

Your either lucky Ian, or VERY UNLUCKY, I keep getting Bra Adds.:good:

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday it is...

Carry on.

The purple one matches your eyes...........might suit you lol

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday it is...

I think it should be reported to trades description, there's no way those girls are where only 20% :lol: :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Popped into Tess Coes just after lunch and again bread pudding was on offer. I was informed that it only becomes available when enough out-of-date bread is returned to make enough mix. I have noticed however that bread pudding appears on the shelves more often on Tuesdays than any other day of the week. So ChrisF if you are seeking bread pudding you have a better chance on Tuesdays.

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I hope you will be social distancing until then Phil, haha.:lol:

Seeing as its warm and sticky today people seem to be giving me plenty of social distancing.:jester::stink:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Yes, definitely an Indian Summer and likely to be with us for at least week although max temperatures here are forecast a bit from Thursday onwards.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/temperature/indian-summer

I may set up one of the layouts outside to give it a run as Banbury hasn't been used since last September. I may even have one of our crew come round to give me a socially distanced hand and then have a play as he's missing the shows so goid weather will be welcome.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, polybear said:

Is the word "roof" missing from the above statement by any chance?  If so, it'll be one of the best things you ever did, if my experience is anything to go by.  You'll also be able to hear yourself think when it's hammering with rain.....

We are having a roof put on (as opposed to a glass one) but we are having the whole thing replaced; the previous one (now dismantled!) was time expired and the outer doors had come away from some of the hinges.

there was a hitch today when the guys turned up as theirs boss who do done the measuring up, including access had not got it right. The frame had to go over next door’s garage and so will some of the glass tomorrow. Goodness only knows what would have happened if next door had extended over their garage like our house is!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14