The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Happy what's left of your birthday Robert, glad you enjoyed it. Best put a guard on whatever is left of that cake in case the gentle thunder of an approaching pachyderm is heard.

G'night each.

Dave

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Happy what's left of your birthday Robert, glad you enjoyed it. Best put a guard on whatever is left of that cake in case the gentle thunder of an approaching pachyderm is heard.

G'night each.

Dave

Shouldn’t have mentioned where I live, I bet he can smell cake from 10miles away!

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

As I thought might be the case this morning, the cleaning the grouting did indeed take longer than expected. However, it is all done now and all I have left to do, is to remove the old silicone and replace it with some fresh silicone, but that’s a job for tomorrow. 

After tea I completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, which as normal it went without a hitch, I also didn’t see anybody who wasn’t wearing a mask, although there were a couple who weren’t wearing it properly. 

I like the idea of a meet up, location is always going to be a problem with someone, but is suspect somewhere in the midlands would be he most sensible idea and close to station would be ideal as I don’t fancy driving. 

Robert. Happy birthday. 

Goodnight all 

Brian

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Mind you, all the reasons postulated by various science fiction TV series for invading Earth really do not hold up to scrutiny. Why invade Earth for water or natural resources when they are free for the taking in the asteroid belt?  I think that there are only two viable reasons for a full-scale alien invasion of Earth: to use us as labour (voluntarily or involuntarily) or as a source of food, just because we are sapient doesn’t mean we won’t taste good to some entity or other.

There is a third.

To pick up a few ebay bargains................

Although some would say that would be a good reason not to invade......................

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Is there any reason to leave Barnsley ,the centre of the known universe

Reminds me of a well known town just on the other side of the Pennines.

royston.jpg.888dd6f5d36af71ccf74277c9e028ec1.jpg

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

With the talk of alien invasion i was tempted by this book i saw today. I wonder if any ERs look like these guys!

0ACF7371-C0CA-4812-94CC-21F8B822349A.jpeg.26b76fe78587296b572e34c237dac651.jpeg

I don't know about ERs, but I think they used to run a hobby shop near me.

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is still dark outside. I don’t think it is raining.

Today I will be mainly sitting around doing very little other than reading or watching some cricket on the television. 
ChrisF, I am glad that you have started the process for diabetic review. Enjoy your day out today.

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Chrisf  my blood test was done at the surgery followed by me standing on some scales. 6 weeks later Sister Drac, followed by Nurse Drac, talked to me about it all. The results had been posted to my patient online about a week after the tests.

I enailed the marie celeste yesterday..response time under 3 minutes. They will let me know when my hospital trial prescription (it will replace the metformin) is available.

Wonders never cease!

I also booked to get my hair cut, hopefully before our local Lockdown starts.

Today is an over 60s squad game.. it could get a bit vocal I think..

Have a great day!

We are missing a load of ERs currently..i just hope they are well!

Baz

• Like 12
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

I have stopped watching the news for similar reasons Gwiver, I know it's not easy and everybody is different. I am also on the vulnerable list with Asthma and now other things as well.

Don't worry... they are back talking about..

Brexit

Arghhhhh

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3