The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

10 hours ago, Barry O said:

Listen up Good People!

Rick mentioned party for page 10000.

Well I tried to organise and informal get together for any ERs who want to attend for earlier this year. Cov8d stopped that.. so

Perhaps a get together in 2021 could be organised.

Dates and venue will be set later (Derby was set to be a venue this year..anyone else have a suggestion of location?)

Let me know youŕ ideas...pleaae..

Baz

Jersey?:maninlove:

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Congratulations to Mrs. NHN on her trophy. I think that the page 10,000 celebration will have to be a virtual one but at least we will be socially distanced. Now to tackle Farcebook, be back later.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m a relative newby here but for what it’s worth I think Baz’s suggestion of Derby is a good one. It’s late enough in the calendar year for us to think covid-19 will not be an issue but any later and the summer will be upon us and the next largish exhibition will be in the Autumn. 

I think Derby is a good venue as some people will come by train and if ‘we’ pick a venue that’s out of town and the exhibition is also out of town a lot of travelling may be involed for those  using public transport.

Would be interested in coming anyway, I’d like to put faces to some of the names. 

Robert

Edited by Erichill16
Typo
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Oooh it's 9003 - Meld, my favourite Deltic.

Although I'm a kettle man really, the sound of a Deltic revving up under an overall roofed station (preferably Newcastle Central, but York would do) is something magical to be savoured.  Don't suppose I will ever experience it again, but I used to love sitting on the end of Platform 10 listening to one departing southbound.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Evening All,

Been to Skipton today for some gluten free fish and chips. Except for a visit to see my mum in Newark in July this is the first time I’ve left Barnsley sine March. The reason for my trip, well it’s my birthday and we had to do something. To tell you the truth I’ve not been looking forward to my birthday but I’ve enjoyed the day more than I thought I would. 
I hope Chris’s journey tomorrow is painless. As for the rest of you I hope you have had a good day as I’ve not managed to read all your reports.
My birthday cake, made by SWMBO is the best GF cake I’ve every had. I’d offer some to HH but I don’t think there will be much left by tomorrow.

Goodnight,

Robert

95ACBFD5-3595-48E8-A9C8-8B0F095DA0FE.jpeg.a7a81c7117f4934faf7762de8d09ebec.jpeg

Is there any reason to leave Barnsley ,the centre of the known universe

I worked there for 10 years and miss the place.

The cake looks rather nice too and Happy Birthday

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Evening All,

Been to Skipton today for some gluten free fish and chips. Except for a visit to see my mum in Newark in July this is the first time I’ve left Barnsley sine March. The reason for my trip, well it’s my birthday and we had to do something. To tell you the truth I’ve not been looking forward to my birthday but I’ve enjoyed the day more than I thought I would. 
I hope Chris’s journey tomorrow is painless. As for the rest of you I hope you have had a good day as I’ve not managed to read all your reports.
My birthday cake, made by SWMBO is the best GF cake I’ve every had. I’d offer some to HH but I don’t think there will be much left by tomorrow.

Goodnight,

Robert

95ACBFD5-3595-48E8-A9C8-8B0F095DA0FE.jpeg.a7a81c7117f4934faf7762de8d09ebec.jpeg

Belated Birthday greeting Robert.

Love the look of that cake, just showed it to the Good Lady to drop a hint, but that fell on stony ground, so will have to go out and BUY ONE tomorrow now.:good:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8