The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Who worries about unmatched socks? Why? Its more embarrassing if you have to take your shoes off to reveal.....a hole in a sock....

Sunny but chilly here this morning. Supposed to be cool but dry all week. Yipppeeeddddooo!

Her indoors is off to score at a crickwt match marking 100 years of Wetherby League later today. As it is in Kippax I won't be attending. Nothing wrong with Kippax but I don't watch made up games.

Good win for England yesterday and Yorkshire won at a canter. Great!

Hope you can get everything you want to get done, done today..

Goodluck to Dave in the escape process.

Positive thoughts to all!

Baz

I think you have had a good escape there baz the ground in Kippax is on the top of Mary Pannel hill and isnt one of the warmest places. Iirc Chris Silverwood used to play there. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Am I the only one on here with a Doctors surgery that knows what they're doing but also manage to administer it all correctly?

I think mine is rather good too, and all the people they liaise with as well. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

Black socks - done that one for years but the trouble is they fade at different rates when washed so 'odd' pairs are not uncommon. (not helped by keeping teh one good one when the other in a pair wears out.

Sorry to hear that Dave is still stuck in SalopLuft I.  I only hope he has better luck with scanning than when I was incarcerated in the RBH waiting for one after being admitted PDQ following a rather disturbing (for the medicos) image appearing on an X-Ray - I was then in there for 3 days a waiting for the right two people to be on duty at the right time to do the lung scan.

GPs - previous one in Tilehurst absolutely superb and a brilliant Practice Manager as well.  Present one is pretty/very good nowadays and the Good Doctor is on the PPG which might make a difference to keeping them in line as well.  Their big problem for some years were the equivalents of Chrisf's checkpoint Charlene on the front desk whose main aim seemed to be to prevent you seeing anybody from Dracula's daughter right up to the senior doctoring partner in the practice,  fortunately complaints were heard and they were all got rid of.

And no Tony - nobody has yet answered it.  So to repeat - Both Bristol and Glasgow got one twice but Exeter only got one once.   What is it?    BTW It has nothing at all to do with railways, or football,  or matters in any way connected with religion (in order to dismiss some previous ideas that were floated).

Enjoy the rest of your day folk and fortunately(?) the lawn and other grassweedland is still too wet to cut as is the front hedge.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

36 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Afternoon all,

Black socks - done that one for years but the trouble is they fade at different rates when washed so 'odd' pairs are not uncommon. (not helped by keeping teh one good one when the other in a pair wears out.

Sorry to hear that Dave is still stuck in SalopLuft I.  I only hope he has better luck with scanning than when I was incarcerated in the RBH waiting for one after being admitted PDQ following a rather disturbing (for the medicos) image appearing on an X-Ray - I was then in there for 3 days a waiting for the right two people to be on duty at the right time to do the lung scan.

GPs - previous one in Tilehurst absolutely superb and a brilliant Practice Manager as well.  Present one is pretty/very good nowadays and the Good Doctor is on the PPG which might make a difference to keeping them in line as well.  Their big problem for some years were the equivalents of Chrisf's checkpoint Charlene on the front desk whose main aim seemed to be to prevent you seeing anybody from Dracula's daughter right up to the senior doctoring partner in the practice,  fortunately complaints were heard and they were all got rid of.

And no Tony - nobody has yet answered it.  So to repeat - Both Bristol and Glasgow got one twice but Exeter only got one once.   What is it?    BTW It has nothing at all to do with railways, or football,  or matters in any way connected with religion (in order to dismiss some previous ideas that were floated).

Enjoy the rest of your day folk and fortunately(?) the lawn and other grassweedland is still too wet to cut as is the front hedge.

Would it be universities

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Surely a man of influence and learning such as yourself could arrange a centrally-heated or air-conditioned facility?  :jester: 

He could of course be heading for somewhere rather too warm.

Jamie

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 17

9 hours ago, AndrewC said:

After I left as well they were still faffing about for another 2 years before it went live. <sigh>

Well, at least it eventually went live! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Went to Tess Coe's this afternoon for some bits I'd forgotten to get yesterday. One of the items was eggs which in the Pitsea store are alongside the bakery. As I passed the bakery I espied a fresh batch of bread pudding so I grabbed one and upon seeing the use by date of the 4th of September I grabbed another. I now have to consume half of a bread pudding every day for the next four days, life is hard.

8 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Surely a man of influence and learning such as yourself could arrange a centrally-heated or air-conditioned facility?  :jester: 

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

He could of course be heading for somewhere rather too warm.

Jamie

That was my thought as well.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Last day of Eat out to help out saw big queues at a number of restaurants in Wimbledon but I had booked an early meal at the Green King pub in Wimbledon who provided a very nice meal served by staff who made us feel very welcome. It was our third meal this month there and before that we had been going there about once a month for nearly 18 months. We will be supporting them in future and I hope they will continue to supply the excellent food that we so enjoy.

The buses in each direction were suffering from lots of people wanting to travel on a Bank Holiday service! At least everyone around us was following the advice on masks and distancing unlike the other day when four people in one journey were reminded to put their mask on, did so and as soon as they got to their seat took them off again!

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4