The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Don't worry Mr Hunt called in a couple favours from the rest of the family - not seen much action since this ruddy virus kicked in so they were only to happy to help, and I believe a submarine, hunter killer class is now proceeding up the River Severn. I'm told the cruise missiles can be launched whilst submerged so the goons won't know where the've come from. Baz can then finish off any pockets of resistance.

Give my regards to the captain, married to 2 nd cousin I believe. Only met him once and seemed nice enough chap despite drinking all the rum.

Toodal pip. Can't stop have to see about a 'borrowed' tank that was last seen on M63. Can't say any more due to walls have ears.

• Like 2
  • Funny 15

Sorry about this Mr Hunt but Memsab heard that you might be seeing the Captain- you see it's her side of family father said  salt and soil don't mix. Anyway she says if you see Jelicho- don't ask- your to say we'd be delighted to attend the christening and that Nelson is an excellent name for the little Bambino.

Anyway can't stay as that bloody tank is causing chaos - not stopping at lights and hogging the outside lane. I told them we should have gone by rail, but do they listen.

• Funny 18

Greetings all from Sidcup where it is a bit cloudy. Brand’s Hatch was cold and we came away early but the British GT racing was quite good; the stint by a 22 year old who until this year has only done e-racing was very impressive- he was more than 25 seconds clear when a safety car just before the end of his 62 minute stint cut that to almost nothing.

sorry to read that Dave has not been released- let’s hope tomorrow’s news is better 

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Sorry to hear Dave's news - most disconcerting, but unfortunately, it does seem to be par for the course - joined up it isn't, and I can verify that from personal experience.  I was left in a bed while they to'd and fro'd tying to sort out my admission, until the pharmacy was closed, and I was left without all my prescription drugs (it was an emergency admission) or my insulin, and by the next morning, when 30747 was able to bring everything in, my blood sugar was about 18.5, and as a result, they wouldn't even consider my for surgery until it was a lot lower.

Otherwise, it is the usual generic greetings.

VIsited the A6 car boot with 30747's niece, then car got a very thorough wash, polish, and clean internally - almost four hours all told.

Back tomorrow, hopefully

Regards to All

Stewart

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Come to think of it, jumping from ANY height even WITH a Parachute is never a good idea in my opinion.:o

It's not if you forget to open it at the suggested height.

I have seen this first hand and it has the ability to put the more squeamish off the bacon roll they were eating at the time.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

Don't worry Senior Service has got it in hand.

Just waiting for something called the bloody tidal bore, whatever that is.

Don't know where that blasted tank's got to. Last I heard he was stuck in some one way system in Warrington.

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

erm.. a bit faster than that..official top speed 56 kph but about 65 kph can  be obtained at least (not bad for something weighing nearly 70 tons plus..  and it can reach Dave without the  need to refuel.

Baz

Or use roads..........

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

What lulled me into a false sense of security was that I have been getting anticoagulant injections in the abdomen whilst here but when I asked why that was if they weren't aware of my history, the answer was that everyone in this ward receives them anyway - why I have no idea. The really unbelievable thing is that when the colo- rectal consultant in charge of the team dealing with me here first saw me it was in the stroke ward at Telford yet her team were unaware that I'd had a TIA!

You couldn't make it up could you?

Dave

This will be the same Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust that's been in special measures for nearly two years. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-53764432

On current performance it's not hard to see why. The sooner we get Dave out of there the better. Anyone got a phone number for the Hereford mob?

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Sorry to hear of Dave's trials and tribulations. Just to say if all the rescue missions turn up at the same time there's no fear of them running out of laxatives.:jester: Time for dinner, just got to see what the use by date lottery turns up.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

the nHS is not coordinated Nationally and if, like me it is poorly set up in your area it is no longer fit for purpose. My surgery will not accept calls unless it is very urgent (ie the Marie Celeste ) and it took 6 weeks to contact me about my diabetic tests.

I had a phone call from the Leeds General Infirmary about something seen during an MRI scan.. nothing was written down so --"you must be ok".. from the Cardiac Unit clerical team... - the phone call was from the Cardiac admissions .. not mentioned on their list of important people

Clinical Director - Dr Chris Pepper

Lead Clinician - Dr Andrew Hogarth and Dr Dominik Schlosshan

General Manager - Gina McGawley

Service Manager - Tracy Rennard

Business Manager - Vanessa Best

Head of Nursing - Scott Van Steen

Matrons - Helen Rowbotham / Hannah Graham

bit clerical heavy is that team..

It needs to be "stitched together better and start to communicate better across the country.

Baz

• Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 8