The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Dull but dry here today and not much sign of the winds promised, just the cold, as the central heating thermostat will confirm, its kicked in a couple of times today. Great to hear from Dave and I hope the progress continues. A real WTF moment when I read this:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thousands-anti-lockdown-protesters-gather-22597555?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR1oelFEZqDiyCeMl343Z5AGb56fgCNa8swi4HeLQeXiwvrBxm0l8fZtZ9o

Whatever planet they're from we should send them back ASAP.

Look on the bright side Phil, if they don't get vaccinated because the disease does not exist, they wont be cluttering up the hospitals demanding treatment for a non existent condition.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Be very careful what you admit to there lest those Wessey types accuse you of seeing two engines at the head of every train.

I thought the Midland always needed two engines at the front of their trains!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Too Late!

von:

Allgemeiner Polizeibezirk Shrewsbury (GB)

FÜR DIE AUFMERKSAMKEIT ALLER POLIZEIFÜHRER

Um 17:00 Uhr entkam ein gefährlicher Häftling aus der Sicherheitseinheit des örtlichen Krankenhauses Shrewsbury. Der Flüchtige, ein gewisser Dave Hunt, wurde bei seiner Flucht von mindestens zwei Mitgliedern der Terrorgruppe "Early Risers" unterstützt, von denen einer der berüchtigte Kuchenkiller "Happy Hippo" war. Es wird erwartet, dass sie in ein sicheres Haus in der Schweiz fliehen.
> Alle Grenzpatrouillen werden SOFORT verdoppelt

> Gefangennehmen, wenn möglich, töten, wenn nicht!

ZENTRALES POLIZEI-PRÄSIDIUM GB

Don't tell him your name Pike!

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

A few days ago, I threatened said that I would mow the lawn; well due to a severe (almost terminal) attack of the lazies, that did not happen! :biggrin_mini: Today was a different story, I did harvest the hay mow the lawn but it was so tall/heavy that I stalled out the mower several times; that takes a little doing with a 26hp Kawasaki prime mover! :o Note that I always wear :music_mini:, a mask for the dust, and a face shield to keep things out of my eyes. Should probably wear the same outfit when I go to Walmart! :jester:

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

At the price of krispy kreme donuts.

Sort of makes me pleased to be diabetic

Last time i bought some the words how much were quickly followed by i wanted 4 donuts not a share in the business. And pre covid at leadt dick turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I don't recall ever seeing a double headed train on the old Great Central, not even when it was deviously passed over to the Midland region with their wheezy locos(though I do recall when one of Staniers Pacifics turned up on a special they had a V2 on standby in case it failed)...................................

Quiet day today, socially distanced visit in the garden from friends from Montrose and a fair bit of the "G" word took place as it was not precipitating it down for a change.

• Like 11
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Evening,

hope things are a bit less stained at Ricks today and hope that things can been seen through a clearer  window. Glad to see a posting fromDave. I suppose in these times if you have to go to hospital you may as well go in with a few ailments and get it over with in one fowle swoop. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone’s miseries out but not read every posting. Sympathies to ChrisF and Flávio with their respective travel arrangements. I too was planning to visit Switzerland in October but due to the current circumstances hadn’t done anything  yet. Last October it’s was a special birthday for SWMBO but through (my) inaction we didn’t go anywhere and she wasn’t a happy bunny. This year I was going to make up for it with a trip to Switzerland but I’m not sure what to do now. I originally looked at travelling by train but I think the cost is prohibitive but the number of flights from Manchester to Zurich and Geneva has been reduced dramatically. I think we need to do something as we’re both needing a break. Channel Island? Neither of us have ever been.

Sorry for going on so

Goodnight Everyone.

Robert

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

I don't recall ever seeing a double headed train on the old Great Central,

As well there was the combination of a main line constructed to the latest standards and a truly competent Locomotive Superintendent ably assisted by a son of W.M. Smith who had come to Gorton by way of Derby. Something of a dream team:

193381787_Robinson8B4-4-2.gif.062bdc16e89128b3b9eec7e6742356a3.gif

Apologies for all this railway stuff.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

We have an 'air bridge' with Guernsey as we are both covid free islands - you aren't allowed to go to either I'm afraid.  Lot of friends have bee to Guernsey for a break, and found it....small - even when you live on a small island!  My Mrs grew up there and hates the place, she won;t go back.

Perhaps “You Ain’t Goin Nowhere” should be this year’s holiday theme song. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've never seen double heading on the GE either, unless you count the assisting engines to get the boat trains up Brentwood Bank. 

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Note that I always wear :music_mini:, a mask for the dust, and a face shield to keep things out of my eyes. Should probably wear the same outfit when I go to Walmart! :jester:

I'm trying NOT to imagine what the denizens of Walmart would be wearing under social distancing. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 13