The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

However, when the Obergrumpenfuhrer was running her clinical hypnotherapy business from home, we needed a different type of home insurance because clients were required to visit the house.

Ahhh...so that explains it.......

Now we understand why you "like" the GWR.  You've been hypnotised.....

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been persisting down here since about three o'clock. Arthur Itis keeps telling me there's more to come. So does the weather forecast, wet, windy and cold, typical late summer bank holiday weather, now its just started hailing. Time for dinner, be back later.

• Like 15

How much do 'workplace' law and 'workplace' regulations apply to home offices? Do employers have any right to enter homes where work is being done by their employees, possibly using the employers' physical resources? What (if anything) can home workers claim as expenses from employers? Etc ...

Our union asked those kind of questions when people were being allowed/encouraged to work from home during a transport strike here. There were never any answers given, as far as I know.

To me, there are similarities with self-serve checkouts. The company saves costs, which do not appear to be passed on to those doing the saving. 

I admit I may be biased. We had to provide 24 hour support to computer systems, initially by driving in to work if it could not be handled over the phone, but later by direct access from home. Continual arguments with management over interpretation of the union agreement, loss of allowances, second-guessing of how 2 a.m. calls should be/should have been handled etc. did not make for happy staff.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Isn't that called necro something or other?

Although being here a long time, the olde English in me still pops out!  My car wouldn't start once so I called the AAA. and when asked, mentioned I had a flat battery.  Silence on the other end; and when that happens, I know immediately what was said so a hasty correction :blush:!  There have been other similar times over the years:rolleyes:!

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

He's also on a liquid diet, which , unfortunately for him does not contain any malt whisky. 

Liquidised Cake?  Doesn't do it for this Little Bear, nor, I suspect for HH either :chok_mini:

• Agree 5
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

This is  not a cake, it is a Lemon Tart courtesy of Georgie's Bakes.

image.png.fbb72296eebb49b7920aa3bd26bce430.png

Living next door but one to Georgie has it's advantages, as if there is anything left over, like the tart, I can run around and collect very quickly.

We ate this one last night.

For those who would prefer a proper cake, here is another of her delights.

image.png.401163d10c2bb0a07d88f53136fd4fe4.png

Suffer Polybear, suffer.

Give over i can feel my blood sugar rising just looking at them,dracula is coming tomorrow 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

This is  not a cake, it is a Lemon Tart courtesy of Georgie's Bakes.

image.png.fbb72296eebb49b7920aa3bd26bce430.png

Living next door but one to Georgie has it's advantages, as if there is anything left over, like the tart, I can run around and collect very quickly.

We ate this one last night.

For those who would prefer a proper cake, here is another of her delights.

image.png.401163d10c2bb0a07d88f53136fd4fe4.png

Suffer Polybear, suffer.

Cruelty to Polybear's should not be allowed! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It’s been dull and grey for most of the day,  it just after tea time it started to rain and it’s still at it now. It’s not heavy rain, but it’s constant and has been at it now for well over 5 hours. 

Another busy day spent in the bathroom, today it was using a roller and a paint brush, but the walls and ceiling have had 2 coats of emulsion and the room looks a lot brighter now. Sheila is absolutely delighted with the new colour, so a few brownie points earned there I think. The next task is to refit the window blind, shower rail and some pictures. There is also the small matter of stripping the wax off the bathroom cabinet and then paining it white and a small shelf also needs a new coat of white paint applying, but that will be done over the weekend.

Its good to read that Dave is making some improvements, fingers crossed that his problems can be sorted sooner rather than later. 

I’m also sorry to read about the problems that Rick and Simon are having, my thoughts are with you both. 

Goodnight all 

Brian

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Great to hear that Dave's improving and hopefully he can go home soon. Rick, I hope things sort themselves out soon. My news is not entirely unexpected but our show scheduled for the 31st. October has been officially cancelled. I was going to make a few suggestions to the exhibition manager but the problem most exhibitions face is getting a big enough footfall to make it viable bearing in mind that the number of people you can allow into the exhibition at one time is very restricted under social distancing, 40% compared to normal at most.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16