The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Oh, by the way – I'll be off to Leipzig over Whitsun. My girlfriend will head there this Friday as she has taken a few days of leave, which but I obviously cannot do in the middle of the term and thus will have to stay behind till next week. I'll have to think which parts of the rail network there I have not explored as of yet! :laugh:

We're also planning to go on a short vacation to the North Sea in early August. I'm sure this will be nice – haven't been on the coast for quite a few years.

• RMweb Gold

Oh, by the way – I'll be off to Leipzig over Whitsun.

I get lots of information about Leipzig now as Heidi sends all her latest news.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Sort of sunny here today and I've a trip to the Doctors today for blood pressure and blood tests (again).

Also waiting for a call from the vets to let us know how much the surgery is going to cost...???

Other than that, not a lot to say other than..

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

Sun is shining after the dismal rain we had yesterday although tis a bit blustery out there this morning!

However, the rain did mean that I could sit inside and do some revision. I actually spent nearly the whole day doing revision yesterday - I wrote up about 10 A5 revision cards for geography. Despite that I've still got another 6 to do I think. (And that's only half of them all -my friend is doing the other half). I've certainly never revised to this scale before, I just hope that it isn't too much info and that the exam goes well in two weeks time!

Oh yes, and I also have some very good news! You may well remember our cat passed away a few months back, well we will be getting a new kitten on the 6th June. Really looking forward to it, and it'll be nice having a feline friend to greet you when you get home - I've missed that. Currently I'm looking after some cats in a house in the village - it certainly makes you realise how much you miss the company of a cat. cool.gif

So, what's planned for today? Well, firstly I need to finish off those revision cards, and then I think I will spend the rest of the day starting the challenge layout (or planning it anyway!) which I've started a thread about here: AGWI

• RMweb Gold

Really? You must have been unlucky, my folks said it rained until about 11. And the cricket went on at CLS during the afternoon.

Surprising. I'm not that much further east. It didn't clear from here until about 4 and even then we had heavy showers.

• RMweb Gold

I've just had a phone call from Matthew. Half the conversation was about his visit to the doctor to discuss his inoculations for Vietnam (they suggested starting them after his exams) and the other half about revision technique. He has been looking at the sample questions for one paper and they seem to consist of statements without an obvious question. I suggested he asked his mother.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

My wife told me this morning that she has to attend a course this afternoon. This is apparently known as the "How to be nice to people" course. I'll have to ask what the official course title was.

You mean to say you didn't map it all out with Templot and SketchUp!!!! :tease:

Cheers

Dave

That will be no good as it will only end up in the skip......

Now where did I pack my coat

Cheers

PhilC

96f on our deck beautiful blues skies low humidity.

Nothing could be finer except to be in Carolina.......my favourite States in the union despite my love for Arizona and New Mexico.......

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

That's always a good answer to teens with questions like that..........

Best, Pete.

I normally get asked about how to open beer bottles or how to change the printer cartridge on a printer I've never seen, but I did get asked an academic question the other day but it was about smart weaponry so I wasn't that helpful. That was part of an International Relations module (I started off by mentioning he has cousins everywhere) about "asymmetrical warfare".

The revision question for tonight is ‘Inequality is a dynamic phenomenon.’ Discuss through the use of global and national examples. He only wants to talk to his mother about exam techniques though, not the answer.

Tony

I'm really glad my kids have left home. I don't understand the questions, let alone the answers...

House looks like a war zone with everything covered in dust. Not the brightest idea to take out a wall in the middle of the house, but early days yet....

One day in and Mrs S is calm. I suspect there may be trouble ahead....

post-6950-0-62811200-1306874891_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

How are the dogs coping? We had a week of builders when the windows and guttering were replaced. Robbie enjoyed the attention. The builders called him Muttley and I'm sure gave him quite a few of the biscuits I provided them with!

Will you also be having new kitchen units or will that remain as at present?

Tony

I'm really glad my kids have left home. I don't understand the questions, let alone the answers...

House looks like a war zone with everything covered in dust. Not the brightest idea to take out a wall in the middle of the house, but early days yet....

post-6950-0-62811200-1306874891_thumb.jpg

I suspect that stairgate isn't going to do much good in the future... <_<

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's still windy and just about 11°, though higher temps are predicted for the end of the week. Long day ahead of me, so I guess I'd best get some breakfast soon...

Cheers, everyone...

Morning All,

Good heavens Gordon - You have my sympathies!

I remember the dust that was caused when our kitchen was re-plastered and a window was put in. The builders succeeded in distributing a fine dust throughout the whole house - despite the fact that all the doors were closed and sheeting was put up. I thought my wife was going to blow a fuse!

It was even worse when I renovated the guest room - somehow, because I wasn't a professional builder, I was expected to make less mess :yes:. Unfortunately, it didn't really work :P

Still, it was all worth it in the end.

It is also worth noting, in passing, that today would have been my tenth wedding anniversary. How time flies.

As Dominik has already pointed out, it is quite a bit cooler here this morning. I decided to drive to work this morning - cycling again was tempting, but I really need to clean my bike after yesterday's ride home in the rain. It's probably about time I gave it a bit of a service too!

Have a good day everyone...

Talking about our children's questions. My daughter is just finishing 8th Grade. I sneered at her attempts to draw me into a conversation on Quadratic Equations: "You left me behind in Maths at 4th Grade" I informed her......Mainly because I'm embarrassed to say that I never did Quadratic Equations at 14 years old......

Maybe it wasn't invented in the 60's (unlike s*x, of course)?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

..Mainly because I'm embarrassed to say that I never did Quadratic Equations at 14 years old......

Maybe it wasn't invented in the 60's (unlike s*x, of course)?

I think it was. The school I went to did an experimental modern maths course which was really only useful for people going to study maths at degree level. Matthew did quadratics when he was about 14 but I think that was about the time he realised that he wasn't a mathematician.

Tony