The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The day seems to be disappearing fast, where has it gone? Nothing much done today except keeping out of the sun and it will be even more so tomorrow. I will have to venture out to Tess Coes tomorrow for a few bits and pieces and to stock up on food. One thing I want to get is some clip on sunglasses, not to look cool but the optician advised me that it would be a good idea to wear them in bright sunlight. This is because I have mild cataracts. I've had them for at least ten years and they have remained the same so its just a case of making sure that they don't get any worse and one of the ways to do that is to avoid bright sunlight. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

23 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Just before bed i have been having a couple of minutes watching bats flying about in the light from the street lighting fascinating creatures to watch.

We have some roosting(?) in the soffits of our house. It’s interesting watching and counting them when they come out at dusk. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

I  haven’t done much today. I watched the cricket. I did for the second day again wonder what did the England team have for lunch. It seemed to affect their play!
I did prime and put a first coat of paint on my Corvette slot car.  White was the most popular colour followed by black for the 1969 model,so I sprayed it white.

Our shopping arrived a little earlier than expected but this wasn’t a problem, as we weren’t out anywhere . The neighbour(builder)  over the road has got all the bits for my chimney pot and cowl installation. I don’t think any birds will be getting past that.
We watched the opera streamed from New York this evening. It was a 1995 recording. It wasn’t a story I was in any way familiar with so it was guess who gets to die in the last scene. 
It could be quite warm here tomorrow and the weather forecast suggests really warm Friday night too.

Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I’ve not done a great deal today as I was on door answering service. So I spent most of the morning on the computer in the office doing some drawings etc. The package finally arrived around 3:30 this afternoon, so I didn’t get any work done in regard to fitting the underfloor insulation, but it’s cut ready for when I make a start next week. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1