The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear's thought for the day:

Taxpayer goes to a restaurant for din dins at half-price.  Restaurant sends the bill to the government.  Government does loads of ludicrously expensive admin, then tells the taxman to shaft the taxpayer to get all the money back....

Meanwhile, non-taxpayer also gets half-price din-dins - and taxpayer gets shafted for that too.

Is Bear missing something here?

Thoughts go to NHN, and to Donk & Friends.

• Like 5
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

......... it's been 10 glorious years, other than a couple of minor health scares, (small stroke and Heart Attack) but I recon I've a lot of livin to do yet, and a lot more TRAINS to run.:good:

Minor?  Blimey, you're obviously a man not easily phased....:o

• Like 3
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

Evening all,

Sorry not up to speed again, getting a bit of a habit. I have gathered than Neil is apparently taking enforced early retirement, well make the most of it, I’m sure you’ll  enjoy it. Not a lot happening here, Syds here for the week so taken him for a couple of walks and bit of paperwork been the high lights of today.
Hope everyone is ok,

Goodnight,

Robert

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/08/2020 at 06:37, PatB said:

Why is it so unacceptable to be an introvert content with one's own company? 

I can do both states, but have quite enjoyed the side of lockdown which means I don't have to appear to be enjoying the company of certain individuals who should have been put down a long time ago.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7