The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Could have been worse. They were going to call it the Victor. As in Parisan rhyming slang. Victor Hugo - You-go.

Probably too close to the late Vauxhall Victor which was a Pontiac in the US.  My Dad had one in the UK but they didn't hold up too well under American roads and drivers!

Brian.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis has been a bit annoying today. A brace of Ibuprofen should put him in his place. Managed to fit a few hooks into the new shed this evening, tomorrows job is fitting a few shelves.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Just got an advert at the bottom of the page for a Fisher price push along train set on Amazon £22.Swmbo suggests this for me instead of N gauge cos it's cheaper then she can have a holiday.

Where the bloody he'll does she think she can go?????

Scarbados???

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

For some strange reason, it’s taken a long time to log onto this website this evening with my iPad, but access via my phone wasn’t a problem! So I've had to use my phone to post this! 

Anyway, after this morning’s brief but heavy rain shower, we had no more rain but we did have plenty of sunshine. 

Well I’ve managed another productive day in the workshop today, completing some more circuit boards, I only have 2 more to do now. I also modified 3 of them so that when the point is set to normal (not diverted) 2 LEDs will be lit. This small modification meant adding another resistor and changing the 3 pin header to a 4 pin one, but it all still fitted on the same board. I could of course just put the 2 LEDs in series and left a single resistor, but they then will have not been as bright, however it’s better practice to have 1 resistor per LED. I buy my resistors in a bag of 100 for 98p, so and at less than 1p each, it wasn’t going to break the bank.

Goodnight all 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, 

4 hours sleep. So far, 

Finger joints indicate the possibility of rain,  or it might just be too much physical work for them. 

More supplies from an orange shed required today,  and a visit to a big Tesco and Coes which is almost next door. 

But first more sleep... 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

I'm hearing gunshots outside now!! :(

I hear them quite frequently; this area is rural and there is a small (handgun?) range a short distance away. :music_mini:

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

During the pheasant shooting season we hear them all day but particularly at weekends.  They often are in the fields next to the house. 

On top of that there are the bird scarers, powered by a, gas canister,  they go on all day light hours every half hour or so after a field has been seeded.  There are two of those in use now. 

Occasionally you'll get someone illegally shooting at night (" lamping" as they call it) ,  but not for long as it attracts the attention of the farmers whoes land they are on. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from a cloudy and cool Charente.  Yesterday went well even though it changed tack part way through.  The market was visited. A very obvious increase in mask wearing. Almost universal amongst the shoppers with most stall holders having screens. One enterprising lady is making and selling her own masks in amongst the baby bibs and shopping bags that she makes, the quality is excellent and we have bought from her.  Then to a friends to drop off a thawed out chicken that had been in our freezer. This produced an invite to return to help eat the cluckbird.  However I was requested to bring a drill and some rawlplugs suitable for dry lined walls.  Back home for lunch then some work on the pool.  I got in it to fit the skimmer housing and inlet nozzle. It's not far off full.

Beth is off shopping with friends today so I'm planning to assemble and commission the filter system.  I also need to see if I've trapped any more mice in the shed. I found a nest inside a tool drawer yesterday. I did manage to catch one but have set traps for the others that escaped.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Slept in..I must have been tired!

Cool with a heavy cloud cover this morning.

Off to the wilds of South Yorkshire to deliver an item to Judith Edge kits. (This may involve doing aome manoeuvring of models in a setting which looks like Wentworth Junction.)

Time to get Monday kick started!

Have a great day..hope that all ERs are fit and well.

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining, but once again we’ve had some overnight rain and everywhere is still wet. ‘WE’ are going to do the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix this morning, this is because Sheila wants to go to the card shop to buy some birthday and anniversary cards, oh fab joy!!!!!! She intends to do a bulk buying session and get all the cards required for the rest of the year as she can get, meaning that the next time she has to venture into that establishment is to buy Christmas cards, which will probably be in the not too distant future! Whilst she’s in the card shop I’ll head to the pharmacy and collect our prescriptions before joining her.

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

Good morning from the first day of EAT EAT EAT to try and kickstart the restaurants. I wonder how many Big Mac meals I can down Mondays o Wednesdays during the month. I wonder if September will then be DIET DIET DIET :D

Shouldn't that be Doctor.Doctor. Doctor?

• Funny 19