The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Rather quiet this afternoon, I think its due to 22 blokes kicking a bladder full of air around somewhere. Still haven't got off of my big fat a*** to do anything shed wise. Within a few minutes of my venturing out the hay fever started to strike so I had to beat a retreat. Dinner has been consumed so now to tackle Farcebook.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold

The over the road neighbours asked if I could put a sachet of cat food into a bowl for their cat this evening. The cat won’t go in their house at the moment so I didn’t break any social guidelines or even my own careful rules. The cat stayed about 5 metres away while I left the food .

Tony

• Like 17

2 hours ago, polybear said:

The Cup Final is on telly (boy, I must be B-O-R-E-D....)

The singer at the start was on the roof of the stadium.  I suspect she's taking social distancing a bit too seriously.....

Mediumly (is that a word?  If not Bear just invented it) productive morning, followed by a pointless waste of an afternoon.  Is it me, or does anyone else have that problem?  Must start getting my furry ar5e in gear more often.

To mis-quote one of your relatives in the Jungle Book movie, you don't want to be like a Bee, chill and layback with just the Bear necessities(did you see what I did there)

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 6

• RMweb Premium

Our day wasn't very Bear-like, starting with trimming things in the garden, 'furry tea tree' apparently, smells like that shower gel stuff, then taking the results to the tip - 2 big builder bags full - then way down south for some supplies, graded 'essential' apparently.  Lunch in the new place we went to yesterday, coffee on the way home all that way, then I cooked a curry for dinner while the boss attended to yet more gardening.  Exhausted.  Watched F1 qualy, happy with the outcome, go Lando!

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evenin' all, it's been a funny old day.   The finger has been fine, twingeing a bit if I try to do too much with that hand.  Unusually I didn't go shopping as I realised there was nothing we needed urgently.  We went to the lock-up to fetch something and I grabbed a box of magazines to ebay (not railway).  I then spent a while researching army badges etc. prior to listing them.  Some were my Dad's, others I must have acquired during my military modelling days but I can't remember why or from whom I got a set of Royal Scots Fusiliers brass buttons and cap badge.  It's been one of those Saturday nights when nothing much on TV appeals, so I've watched a programme on Iron Maiden and now one on Deep Purple.  I'm pleased to see The Gunners won the Cup Final, which I hadn't realised was on, due to all the current goings-on (and off).

Goodnight all and Lughnasadh blessings (yes John, I'm "neo-pagan").

Edited by petethemole
missed a bit
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Ian, I hope you get Whitney checked out by a vet. Brake fluid can be nasty stuff especially to dogs. I will have to get going on the new shed tomorrow. Although I've measured up for the shelves and brackets I'll do it again before cutting anything. First of all got to get a few fittings from the old shed to transfer over to make the new shed more secure.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It didn’t rain much more after this morning’s light shower, but it did go very dark several times, but by tea time the sun was starting to shine. 

I managed to complete and test 7 more circuit boards today, this means that I just have another 11 to make. 

Tonight’s tea was pan fried rump steak and chips, which went down very well with the management. This was followed by a slice of fruit tea cake and a glass of Shiraz as we settled down to watch a French thriller, we watched the first 2 episodes last week, tonight we saw episodes 3 & 4. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

There was a pause before he started yelling and threatening me with all sorts of vitriolic abuse so I hung up and left him to it after having taken up a good ten minutes of his time. Cheap shot I know but it gave me some inner satisfaction.

I consider it a good result when I get the "I'll pass you to my supervisor for further details" as part of MY wind-up..

Another favourite one of mine is to have this youtube clip ready to put them on hold to.

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl inner Temple Hare, 

A broken nights sleep about 6 hours so far.

Lammas or Lamas it's spelt both ways,  is a village in Norfolk, not far from here,  like several others it has a twin the other side of the bridge this one called Buxton.  Lamas I believe was at one time famous for fayres,  of course the big one was the 1st of August. 

Plans for today,  the same as yesterday.  Just hope it's a bit cooler. 

Time to try for more sleep. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 11