The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Hear hear!

Back from golf. Beat my friend for the first time in 4 years of playing (we play each other once a year, we always say we should play more often and never manage!), so I'm happy. We play a 6 hole course three times usually, they're meant to be par 3 holes, but neither of us often manage par. I went round in 82 and she went round in 96, so that's unusual (I never said we were any good!).

Also had a nice lunch in the German patisserie in Gullane with my friend, so all in all a very pleasant morning. B) :D

Durham are still on the verge of beating the Bears. 3 wickets needed...

• RMweb Premium

The Porsche should be sold this weekend on ebay as well but it is getting silly 104 watchers and it still is only £310, some books on there and a violin as well. Getting moving on renting a house too providing the references are good.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Did some early coursework up till now, but need a break for a cup of coffee or two now. It's quite nice to get work done in the quiet of the early morning hours, actually – provided the subject is sufficiently straightforward! :laugh: Looks like this is going to be a sunny day, so I guess we might be off for a few hours in the afternoon.

Cheers everyone... :yes:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather overcast here but otherwise quite pleasant. It is very quiet, even the pigeons seem to be silent.

I think I have been given the task of making a cake to take along to Aditi's cousins tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

It's quite nice to get work done in the quiet of the early morning hours, actually

I'm at my best in the early mornings. Well, for thirty minutes anyway. After that it's all downhill.

Morning all.

Morning all.

I think I have been given the task of making a cake

It's funny I would have murdered for a cake yesterday. It's another subject that Americans (and indeed Italians) think they understand but do not. The god-awful American Fruit Cake is a prime example.........

My Grandmother used to make the most delicious, crumbly fruit cake that was ideal to eat with a cup of tea. It was not perfect, My Mother always bitchily commented that is was too dry and that the fruit sank to the bottom (well, it was her Mother). My Grandmother always made me the best Lunch too. Fried Rump steak with crunchy onions, thick tasty gravy, Mash potatoes and fresh peas. My Mother: "Her gravy is lumpy!". Lumpy it may have been but I can still remember the taste forty years on.

Best, Pete.

Morning all!

For today I get a bit of a lie-in as its last Saturday in the month it "enviromental day" when there is no traffic allowed on the roads before 10am, so that the inhabitants can clean the area out side their own homes...........does it work, no!

Then got Monday "off" as well [Democracy day] but being as I have to go to do two big site surveys this morning / afternoon most of Sunday and Monday will be report writing. Still did get one project finished this week (and only a week late!)....then next week should start commissioning a big plant (providing the last 1,5 k of cable and gas turns up. Busy weeks ahead.

Have a good un....

After a very wet Spring so far, the forecast for Gotham City (this is Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start to Summer) is: Today 26C, Sunday: 29C, Monday: 32C, Tuesday: 29c etc., etc.

Best, Pete.

Morning All,

I can't really call myself an Early Riser today! However, it looks like it is going to be another sunny day. I am planning to put my satellite dish back up now that the roofers have gone. That way, I can record Doctor Who this evening. :yes:

Second date this evening - I can't remember the last time I went to the Cinema.

What sort of Porsche are you selling Mick? Not that I want or need a Porsche, I'm just curious!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all! Dry and bright here in Edinburgh but with plenty of oktas around to spoil the party...

Thanks for the reminder Robert, I'll need to set my video for Doctor Who as well. Off to Glasgow shortly, so probably won't see the F1 qualifying today, but might just see the race tomorrow if I'm lucky.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, looks a bit dismal out there but its not raining. A caterpillar dealership I worked for had a branch in Nigeria, the fitters who went out there always complained about eating chicken endlessly.

A new phenomenon!

My holiday diary has received a gold star and has been labelled as 'Popular'.

This is in addition to the gold star I received at age 5 for drawing the three Wise Men.

Unless it's hidden, ERs doesn't seem to have achieved this status, despite tens of thousands of views.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pete, the cake for tomorrow is eggless (wife's cousins don't eat eggs) but as I'm going to follow a Delia Smith recipe it should work. The oven we have now is very good for cakes as it has excellent temperature control. We do seem to have a lot of books about cake on our kitchen shelves. My wife was brought up in a family that has "afternoon tea" where cake was served and where cake is concerned "resistance is futile". Evelyn Rose's International Jewish Cookery cake chapters are well stained after 30 years of use.

Robert, Do you know what film you are going to see?

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Robert I didn't see your question must have been still asleep. It is Porsche 944S from 1987, I have had one bid from Germany surprisingly only a few euros but a bid non the less. My emoticons are still hiding on google chrome.

• Like 1

Tony, my family too, High Tea! Mostly the generation before me - I had an eccentric collection of Aunts ranging from a (then) famous (no names) dancer on the West End stage to a former Mosleyite follower (I have a photo of her somewhere in full British Fascist regalia - thankfully she at least resigned in 1939) and those two were just two who lived together.............they all seemed to gather periodically in one of those big old houses up the road from the late Trevor Bailey (who they knew and adored, of course) in Westcliff.

I can't imagine a future generation of such - at least in my lifetime. Still, I did enjoy the teas.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

It wasn't until I left home for university that I discovered food. Bill Bryson (in Thunderbolt Kid) refers to his mother's kitchen as the "burns unit". My mother was a religious cook, usually a burnt offering or a bloody sacrifice. Nothing was anointed with oil though as lard was the favoured frying material.

I do quite a lot of cooking but rarely make cakes. When the dissertation is finished my wife has hinted that she may have time to do some baking. At the moment she is being led astray by the Marks & Spencer Simply Food store at the petrol station she uses. I end up eating the purchased cake, usually as by the time she gets home she has decided she shouldn't really eat them!

My holiday diary has received a gold star and has been labelled as 'Popular'.

Unless it's hidden, ERs doesn't seem to have achieved this status, despite tens of thousands of views.

It is the post which is popular Dd - In your case, because you made the first post that is what is popular.

When someone clicks the little "vote this post up" icon in the bottom right of any post, then the number of "vote ups" is increased. When it reaches a certain number the post gets labelled "popular". Obviously, none of the drivel informed commentary in ERs is "popular". Although, everyone could vote this post up, and make it "popular" B)

Sorry Robert I didn't see your question must have been still asleep. It is Porsche 944S from 1987

Nice motor that Mick - Shame you have to sell it, but needs must I guess.

Off out shortly - feeling a little nervous :)

HELLO ALL. I'm back!

My my computer went on the blink on Holy Thursday. Tim said he could fix it but it obviously proved more difficult than he thought and I only got it back this evening!

VERY GLAD to get news of Gorson's succesful back op! Have you had the first beer or glass of

red wine yet? :)

More fill in tomorrow!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

HELLO ALL. I'm back!

My my computer went on the blink on Holy Thursday. Tim said he could fix it but it obviously proved more difficult than he thought and I only got it back this evening!

VERY GLAD to get news of Gorson's succesful back op! Have you had the first beer or glass of

red wine yet? :)

More fill in tomorrow!

Really pleased to hear from you. Glad you are reunited with the computer.

Tony