The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Thoughts with Keith also, that things go well, and that Ian continues to improve.  Nice to hear the 'kids' got into their house too.

Busy today, ready for a sit down and relax.  Oh oh,dishes to do first, oops.  Better see to that!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I just can not believe that I went two whole days without logging into Facebook!!! :biggrin_mini: :biggrin_mini: :yahoo_mini:  :biggrin_mini:

Not even to rmwebserverupdates Facebook?

• Funny 14

Evening all, finally found the box of round tooits, first was the wonky gate post on the front gate, the path rises a bit, so the bottom of the gate always rubbed and moved the post about(wooden one). Old one removed, bottom a bit rotten, so replaced and zero to an inch and a half sawn off the bottom of the gate, now not only not wonky, but not rubbing either. Liberal application of wood treatment applied. With brush in hand and some stuff left in the tin(well it's a plastic tin.........if you get my drift), so the corner shed that now houses bicycles has had a good coating too. I think once the rain goes away and the last bits of the shed are painted the tooits can go back in their box for a bit.................... 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just called my sister for a little chat. My brother turned 73 in March and due to his health problems he had to have a medical including a scan before his driving licence was renewed. The scan revealed that he'd had a mini-stroke so his driving licence will not be renewed. He hasn't driven for more than a year now anyway so it won't make a great deal of difference. My leg problems seem to have subsided though the affected areas are still a bit tender. The G word calls tomorrow, I will be getting the shredder out tomorrow to make a bit of mulch out of the prunings and trimmings. Tea has brewed, be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

I am really not sure where to post this:

R. I. P. Ted Klein.

I just received the word the Ted Klein owner(?) of M. B. Klein in Baltimore, MD (modeltrainstuff.com) just passed away last night. I remember when I first knew of him when he worked in his father's hardware store (M. B. Klein & Son) and offered members of the Baltimore Society of Model Engineers a 10% discount; that was a lot to a young teenager! Sol Levinson Funeral Home will be handling the arrangements, hopefully they will put them on their website.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

The chassis in the earlier photo now has a body. No interior (driver,  steering wheel ) yet. 50 years ago when I was in a slot car racing club big American saloons were popular as you could get wide chassis and big motors in. I never had a Galaxie which was the popular car to model. I had a Mercury Cougar painted bright yellow. This one is gloss white. 
5F90F7DF-C244-467D-A83A-92B2C5F04B49.jpeg.8cd1e403c14632b6dce495f113eb6107.jpeg

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Evening All.

Paperwork, house chores and gardening, that about sums the day up. Not much time on here so apologies if I’ve missed anything import.
Hope everything goes well for you Keith.
Early night I think, I’ve had enough of today.

Goodnight.

Robert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Oof, what a day!

Washed the "car blankets" - we keep spares in our cars in case of bad weather.

Went out to the garden centre and bought compost ready to transfer some strawberries to bigger pots. Also bought some seeds - 50% off.

Then went to IKEA and came home with a rug. Ours is really shaggy but it's become more hassle than it's worth. £35 later and now we have a nice and pleasant, smaller rug.

Theh don't even sell our old one anymore.

Quick mow of the lawn, watched Toy Story 2 and then was preparing for bed. The little one took about an hour to settle this evening so I did some preparation work for the final saga of adding signals to my layout. Figured one signal would be pointing away from view so no real point in having it. I can put it anywhere though as it's independent from the rest.

Tomorrow is cats to the vets day, testing signals and transferring the strawberries. Bet I won't get to do the latter!

Night all.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Tony_S said:

I too had a phone call from a hospital today. They want me to have a test which involves exercising while connected to a respiration measuring device next Monday. . Usually a treadmill but Southend have a recumbent exercise bike. I had to use that when they injected me with radioactive chemicals a few months ago. I have to have a COVID test before being allowed to have this procedure. I am supposed to be contacted for that before Friday. 

Hope everything goes well this week and next Monday.

• Agree 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

I too had a phone call from a hospital today. They want me to have a test which involves exercising while connected to a respiration measuring device next Monday. . Usually a treadmill but Southend have a recumbent exercise bike. I had to use that when they injected me with radioactive chemicals a few months ago. I have to have a COVID test before being allowed to have this procedure. I am supposed to be contacted for that before Friday. 

Good luck Tony, I hope all goes well for you.

• Agree 15
  • Thanks 1