The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, pH said:

Taking on multiple opposition groups - that’s brave! :rolleyes:

Nah - Scotland is now 100 plus miles away and Yorkshire about 15. (I guess that'll do for safety)

Yet York is only 1 mile away......

The hamlet of York that is.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Evening All,

Back again but wanted to get a happy birthday to Baz in before he retired for the day. 
Sunny here but not been as hot as it looked but that was fine as we had Syd for a couple of hours. Watched my football team win in the third minute of injury time. that means we won’t get relegated until the final day of the season, which is some conciliation bearing in mind the position we were in when the season restarted.  
I think that’s about it for today so

Goodnight.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

A beautiful sunny day here in the northwest of England, but it must have been cold overnight as once again the heating came on this morning. I even managed to sit out on the bench this morning whilst I drank muggertea No2 

As now seems to be the norm for a Sunday morning, we overslept this morning and as a consequence we had a late breakfast. So once I’d finished, I went straight out to the workshop and continued working on the circuit I tested yesterday. I built a first prototype and tested it, thankfully it worked first time! Buoyed by the success, I started to cut some more veroboard to size and make the necessary cuts in the tracks for the 20 needed for this project. By the time I packed up for the day I’d got all the circuit boards ready and a second built and tested. After tea I set about designing a separate board that will be used for a 3 way point, it’s still a work in progress, but I’ll get there. 

Nice to see Deb’s popping in.

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to log in before the site closes down tomorrow for maintenance. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Evening all, a broad gauge engine arrived in the mail yesterday, so I've been very occupied  with that. The sausages I ordered have been excellent, tomorrow I'm trying the Cumberland variety. A what I am now reliably informed is a Devon Pasty, was had for dinner tonight.  Other than that I have little to write about at the moment. The tube amp is well on the way to being "broken in", and sounds much better now. Dad had Guy Clarke's "Dublin Blues" on loop for most of the day, it sounded very very good, though not what I would have chosen. Oh and happy birthday to Baz.

stay healthy,

Douglas

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  inner Temple Hare, 

A very poor nights sleep,  pain from my back,  not as would be usual from my spine,  but from the muscles,  the bruise from reversing into the sanitiser,  plus strains from block lifting. This morning my arms are joining in with pain from from sanding. 

Oh joy they have just shown on TV a way of calculating your "covid age" , age being the major factor in whether it will get you....   You add or subtract  from your real age,  with ethnic groups,  male / female underlying issues etc,  62 year old me comes out at 75...

Of course at one time the English border or to be more precise the kingdom of Northumbria had as its border the Firth of Forth., much of the rest of Scotland was Welsh speaking ( an old variety of) ,  accidents of history could have meant a very different UK.. 

Someone orange is now demonstrating a lack of knowledge of arithmetic,  let alone anything else. 

Our weather is dry,  and should be for the week... The grass will grow... Fast.. 

It's time I think to move,  somewhat slowly to the kitchen,  porridge calls.. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Evening all, a broad gauge engine arrived in the mail yesterday, so I've been very occupied  with that. The sausages I ordered have been excellent, tomorrow I'm trying the Cumberland variety. A what I am now reliably informed is a Devon Pasty, was had for dinner tonight.  Other than that I have little to write about at the moment. The tube amp is well on the way to being "broken in", and sounds much better now. Dad had Guy Clarke's "Dublin Blues" on loop for most of the day, it sounded very very good, though not what I would have chosen. Oh and happy birthday to Baz.

stay healthy,

Douglas

I hope that you enjoy the sausages from the county of my birth. I also hope it comes coiled rather than in links.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 11
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Nice day here, sunny with gentle breeze.

There has been some serious cleaning here this morning, furniture moved and special brushes for radiators deployed. We are not expecting visitors, though possibly MiL reporting carpet moths at her residence may have prompted  this activity. I suspect that our resident spiders keep down any naughty insects. 
I am watching the test match, at one point some good views of tram roofs were broadcast. 
Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Afternoon all.

Nice day here, sunny with gentle breeze.

There has been some serious cleaning here this morning, furniture moved and special brushes for radiators deployed. We are not expecting visitors, though possibly MiL reporting carpet moths at her residence may have prompted  this activity. I suspect that our resident spiders keep down any naughty insects. 
I am watching the test match, at one point some good views of tram roofs were broadcast. 
Tony

It used to be the Altrincham electrics that you saw from Old Trafford.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon,

First chance I've had to visit today in the absence of red flags erected and dets on the line but all appears to have been handed back in working order at linespeed - a lesson there for NR perhaps?

Time earlier was not wasted - Root One was visited looking for a water butt but the one herself decided was best was, once I got it into the car obviously far too big to fit the site so back it went to the display area and we decided to repurpose  one we have here.  i am now being chased to get on with the repurposing so won't stop on here for long.  W Although we didn't test it ythe catering dept at Root One appears to be back in soem form of operation but I don't know to what extent.  talking of which our restaurant takeaway last night worked quite well and was still warm enough to eat once we got it home.  The restaurant is also now taking customers to eat in but from what Mrs Stationmaster said about how the tables were arranged its idea of social distancing is on a very different scale from mine.  Its layout is cramped at the best of times but I am left with the string impression that they seem to think 1 metre really means 1 foot and even that is flexible for serving staff - down to a couple of inches as they squeeze past diners.  They will of course not be getting any dine-in custom from me if those are their ideas of what constitutes social distancing but the occasional takeaway will probably be safe(ish).

The lad has landed in Corsica and judging by the views of the surroundings he has put on Farcebook he seem to have chosen himself a very suitable hotel.  It seems from his experience that SNCF's reservation system also has some very peculiar ideas about social distancing such as leaving two complete strangers sitting opposite each other in a 2 seater table bay while leaving the adjacent coach completely empty!   Which suggest to me that SNCF's peculiar reservation system has not been amended to take account of post Covid travel.

Right off to find an outdoor down pipe fitting which i think I've got 'somewhere' in the garage.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Nice to see RMweb back up again. Looks slightly different somehow, as if someones just ran the vacuum cleaner over it. Have an appointment with the printer repair man 9 am Wednesday. Tea has brewed so its be back later.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Haircut was achieved wooooppppiddddooo! I feel light headed:jester:

Been catching up on eyelid inspection..pah!

Watched a bit of cricket... ben stokes went for it.. at about 17 he hit a ball from youngest Herbert straightdown a fielders throat. His batting has improved, the Herbert's bowling has got worse.

Off to have a look around..

Baz

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1