The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple hare, 871 /544.

A poor nights sleep 4 hours then several small bits, joints aching, mostly fingers... I fear my fingers have joined the John Kettley****  club as there were large  puddles this morning.

I do predict it will be warm in here, this morning as I have 3, 100Amp shunts and one 50 Amp shunt to measure.

I'm busy back later .. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well the weather is pretty much the same as yesterday, only you can actually see the rain today, it looks like I’m going to get lots done in the workshop today, every cloud and all that! In between showers I’ll attempt to complete the bench, but to be honest, I’m not holding out much hope!

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I had intended to go to Tesco's yesterday once the car had been serviced but the replacement tires were not in stock so the car was left overnight so I will have to wait until this afternoon to do some shopping. Whilst the fridge is nearly empty I'll give it a clean. Bin day today, now they've bin an' gorn, even the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon. Now to wait for the car to be returned.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think we may be about to have a sunny spell after the earlier overcast conditions. I can even see a patch of blue sky.

Our food order is probably on its way from the big  Waitrose in Southend. It isn’t quite in Shoeburyness but quite close. 
Aditi delivered her spectacles which have had a temporary arm for a couple of weeks to the opticians. They have been open for repairs but are starting eye tests again under very strict COVID prevention procedures. We aren’t booking them yet though. Aditi said we should wait to see what the gastro and heart consultants both have to say to me in August. 
I will try and do something today, anything to be honest. I felt a bit ghastly yesterday, nothing specific, just yukky. As usual feeling yukky didn’t stop me eating my dinner. Veggies included the first of our runner beans and another attempt to eat the supply of courgettes. They seem to grow rapidly overnight. Anyway I will find something to do. Perhaps a parcel will arrive. 

Update. Patch of blue sky has now been obscured by cloud.

Tony

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Shopping today - just wonder how many people actually realise that there is a virus out there which can kill you or others. Lack of masks, lack of social distancing, you name it.

What's the betting that some ejit's will go shopping without masks the day before they become compulsory as either some sort of defiance or 'just because we can'. That would be a good day to avoid shopping.

• Agree 13

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, newbryford said:

I had a 5 minute break from work that coincided with this.

(At the risk of the awl, but hey-ho, first proper train since lockdown)

Thanks for posting those, Mick.

I must admit that I am missing my occasional trip over to Carlisle and the S&C.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, BoD said:

Thanks for posting those, Mick.

I must admit that I am missing my occasional trip over to Carlisle and the S&C.

Steady on BoD .. that is the wrong side of the Pennines.. you could catch something worse than the pandemics!!

:jester:

Baz

• Agree 4
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

What's the betting that some ejit's will go shopping without masks the day before they become compulsory as either some sort of defiance or 'just because we can'. That would be a good day to avoid shopping.

I wonder if the government might have greater success if they tell people that they aren’t  allowed to wear face masks under any circumstances whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
Just now, BoD said:

I wonder if the government might have greater success if they tell people that they aren’t  allowed to wear face masks under any circumstances whatsoever.

They tried that in the USA, now the infection rates are through the roof.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Steady on BoD .. that is the wrong side of the Pennines.. you could catch something worse than the pandemics!!

:jester:

Baz

Couldn't find the pfffffttt button so I'll settle on a more grown up yah, boo, sucks.

A (possibly temporary) reprieve from the G word as it's started raining. Unfortunately there's the car interior to be derubbished and cleaned and it isn't raining in the garage. Pah again.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
If the bl**dy predictive text doesn't stop interfering I may throw this tablet in the bin.
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, BoD said:

Might work in the good ole US of A..

just what are the red necks going to do now Walmart are going to insist on customers wearing masks..

• Like 9
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Barry O said:

Newbryford...hope you don't end up being locked down. 

The Blackburn with Darwen boundary is about 2 miles away from me.....

Family NB have strict instructions to avoid Blackburn unless absolutely desperately necessary .

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Any more news of GDB? And HH seems to be rather quiet at the moment.

HH is fine and is posting elsewhere.  However GDB has not geen heard of for a while.  I believe tyat 81c waw going to ring him if he hasn't surfaced by the weekend.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

HH is fine and is posting elsewhere.  However GDB has not geen heard of for a while.  I believe tyat 81c waw going to ring him if he hasn't surfaced by the weekend.

Jamie

Yes - HH has gone over to The Dark Side (a.k.a. "The Night Mail") and we've all been kicked out like dogs.....or even Bears.:cray_mini2:

• Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

...snip... I've never seen a comet before being disappointed to miss the last visit of Halley's comet.

My mother saw Halley's as a young girl; when it came around again, I said lets go out west a little ways past the urban glow to see it. Unfortunately, she was not able for health reasons to do so. Too bad as that would have put her in a select group of those who had seen it twice. :(

Edited by J. S. Bach
To correct a couple of spelling and grammar errors.
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Morning All, ...snip...I felt like a starboard mammary when I found it too.

Hmmm, it took a moment, but the "translation" finally pulled into the station! :yahoo_mini:

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Lantavian said:

Don't they say everything in Australia wants to kill you? 

[Except for humans. Australia has an impressively low murder rate.]

Even some of the humans want to kill you.  I offer as evidence the rivalry between Carlton and Collingwood fans, those who will fight tooth (they only have one left ;) ) and nail over the best beer, anyone who won't share anything with his mate / neighbour / family and the rivalry between Holden and all other car manufacturers. 

Plus the not insignificant human effluent on the city streets of a hot night over-full of alcohol and refused entry to any further topping-up establishments.  When I left Melbourne one method being employed to manage drunken on-street violence was a 1am lock-in; you couldn't get into clubs or pubs after that time but were welcome to remain there if already in until they chucked you out any time between 3 and 6 in the morning.  

No not everything in Australia wants to kill you.  Just make sure you drive a Holden ute, barrack for someone lower-profile such as Gold Coast Suns, always have a slab on ice for when mates drop round and never EVER run out of smokes.  :jester: 

12 hours ago, Lantavian said:

More on ladybirds/ladybugs.

I am delighted to see the Cornish language included.  

In other news - there seems to be none of consequence so I'll toddle off and put the kettle on.  Sadly not Britannia though it is good to see motion-kettles doing what they are designed for once again.  Be well.  Stay good.  Seize the fish.  

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/07/2020 at 13:56, 45156 said:

living room in wallpaper, but we have nothing suitable in stock -

Not now the case, as Laura Ashley is in the process of having a massive closing down sale, and today their wallpaper is at 70% off, and as a result, we now have eight rolls of a suitable paper which will be hung very soon, I'm sure.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

GDB is OK but not posting current. Polybear has mentioned HH..

But if people get worried.. ever thought about using a PM on here to check they are OK? It isn't difficult,

No response from Kingzance Trisonic and a couple of others...

Baz

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11