The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

No it's fine.

The secret is to be wearing a parachute before you jump.

And as I have pointed out before, if you have flown with some of the people in charge of aircraft I have flown in who claim to be pilots, you might have been happy to join me.

I think from your own experience, you should be wearing 2 parachutes when you jump....

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Today's jobs include planting out sunflowers, 

I read this as "painting out sunflowers".

Et tu, Vincent, et tu.

• Like 6
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We had more overnight rain, but nothing as heavy as the afternoon and thankfully no (unwanted) water has entered the house. I’m awaiting a couple of parcels, so I will be ‘staying in’ the cellar so that I’m available to answer the door when they arrive. Everywhere is still far too wet to do any sort of remedial work, so I’ll continue work on the desk. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 15

Morning, yesterday was a bit of a dull overcast day, I did manage a nice walk down to the local stream to check out the trout population, might take a rod rather than a camera next time. Too wet for much of the "G" word, just a potter about in the greenhouse munching strawberries. Today looks promising with some sunshine about, so more outside rather than inside stuff I hope. Muddling did take place yesterday, on a small scale, but all stock was moved and found to be in good order.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Amazing how some folk prefer the  flimsy see through version to the Dior masterpiece that was modelled earlier

But the thought of HH in a tutu, see through or not would definitely require some eye bleach.

Jamie

• Agree 5
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

A pleasant day so far and third muggatea is currently being enjoyed with the fourth to follow subsequently.   We are have yellow rain forecast for late tonight with an accompaniment of thunder and lightning, b no doubt very, very, frightening (for les chats).  We had some thunder skirting round to the south of us yesterday afternoon but hardly any precipitation, tonight we are forecast to be on its direct route along with continuing heavy rain right through until the Good Doctor is driving to Oxford - for a half day.  her, now somewhat revised, roster seems to be an act of lunacy on the part of those who devise such things - for example next week she works Sunday and Monday, has a day off on Tuesday and then works on Wednesday, it appears that medical science in respect of such things as circadian rhythm and mitigating the fatigue impact of shift work patterns has not penetrated at last one part of the NHS - which puts them only a quarter of a century behind some parts of BR where we were heavily into all that back in the 1990s.

As for my day I am tasked instructed to dig potatoes today ready for the consumption of some of them with dinner this evening.  In addition the management has pulled the first of the carrots - which look pretty good and will allow their fellows more growing space.  On a very different matter I had a quick scan of the Toddler yesterday after giving it a few hours uv exposure so I know where 'he' is although I have yet to read his words of wisdom, which I am sure they will be.

Have a good day one and all and make sure all is suitably battened down etc if you lie in the path of the storm.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A couple of parcels arrived this morning. One contained a couple of reusable/washable face masks and the other the Matchbox shop. I tried one of the face masks on, nice and comfortable and more importantly my glasses didn't steam up as much as when wearing the one use disposable ones. The Matchbox shop is as described but its the first time I've looked at one close up and there's quite a few surprises. The 'brick' sides for example are stick on labels and how is it constructed with no apparent rivets or clips? I wanted to dismantle it for repainting and I might still yet, when I find out how.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Greetings all from Sidcup where the earlier thunderstorm has passed by and I am wondering whether to risk sticking the washing back outside.

I managed to more or less avoid the rain on my walk back which was good as it was very steady for a while.

On the days when Mrs Lurker is off I have been making sure Elder Lurker can prepare himself his lunches. Today he added fried eggs and ham bagels to his repertoire! This week has also seen cheese and ham toastie and tuna and boiled egg salad. He's perfectly competent, just never had to do it!

Have a good day all

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

make sure all is suitably battened down etc if you lie in the path of the storm.

Good afternoon all and thank you Mike for the advice.  Lunder and Thightening is in evidence around here and the humidity is ridiculous.  

The laundry is still the launwet and is locked down indoors due to significant precipitation occurring outside.  

Now what to do with a Wet Hump Day When On Leave.  Nothing of interest open; no need to unnecessarily travel by bus or train though there is no actual restriction on doing so any more; loitering on a bridge or platform-end might still be frowned upon; the G-word is also off the current agenda though the yellow rose was sprayed for powdery mildew before the rain washed the spray off :(  

Tinkering with long-outstanding jobs involving the computer including tidying up the image files and storage plus archiving some club records.  

An exchange with one of our Former Neighbours (Upstairs) revealed that she is being pestered by someone from her past.  She could block him from the antisocial media but he seems to know where she lives these days.  I have offered her this piece of advice to give him should he present himself there.  "Mate - you know where it is that you seek to enter?  Look in the mirror and you'll see one".    

It's time for a muggersomething.  And after 15 o'clock I am supposed to be in to receive a delivery from a Mr. Hermes.  We'll see .....  

• Friendly/supportive 18