The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It is still warm enough outside to sit on the Terrace for a while.  Do I pour myself a glass of something and light the smelly candle* or do I just hit the eyelid-inspection sack?

But surely the real question is "Talisker, Grouse or just a glass of Merlot?" :)  

* delicately perfumed with the intention of keeping nasty bitey insects away.  

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

It is still warm enough outside to sit on the Terrace for a while.  Do I pour myself a glass of something and light the smelly candle* or do I just hit the eyelid-inspection sack?

But surely the real question is "Talisker, Grouse or just a glass of Merlot?" :)  

It was a little Glenlivet for me, purely for anti virus antiseptic purposes of course.

Jamie

• Like 8
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, pH said:

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/gudeFyssi6g

Not exactly.  The heli in my original post wasn't designed for such antics, whereas a Sea King....

edit: Sea Kings can only do that in very calm water too.  The trouble with heli's is that they are very top heavy, and it doesn't take much to get them to topple.  Then the fun starts.  Or rather, not.....

Edited by polybear
  • Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

18 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I'm at work tomorrow; I settled for the Merlot!

• Like 16
  • Funny 3

In an interview today, the US Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases admitted that initial messaging around not needing to wear a mask was in fact because of a fear that people would hoard PPE, particularly N95 masks. During the interview he said that the two most effective approaches to reduce continued spread are distancing and mask wearing. 

"Well, the reason for that is that we were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply. And we wanted to make sure that the people namely, the health care workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in a harm way, to take care of people who you know were infected with the coronavirus and the danger of them getting infected."

This was much as I suspected at the time. Given the run on toilet paper it is easy to understand why they took this course. At the same time it delayed the access to non-medical grade masks since the messaging was that they weren't necessary or recommended.

It makes me wonder how many were infected, or even died, because people panic buy and hoard.

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 3