The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I hope that the above hasn't been too exciting for those of a nervous disposition. To quote General MacArthur (as long as that isn't unacceptable in these days of rampant stupidity political correctness), "I shall return."

I prefer to think of it as political correction. At my age my opinion has burglar all to do with anything. My only hope is that future generations will do a better job. I suspect they will.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AndyID said:

I prefer to think of it as political correction. At my age my opinion has burglar all to do with anything. My only hope is that future generations will do a better job. I suspect they will.

If they are given a chance by the current mob in charge.

Dave

• Agree 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I have a problem.

There are many 'coded' messages hereon.

2 hours ago, bbishop said:

About to do my first CFR duty for three months, as an observer as there are a lot of PPE protocols to learn.  Wish me luck.  Bill

TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) are great for the informed. PPE i kinda get as 'Personal Protection Equipment' but 'CFR' leaves me out in the cold! LAS, I have worked out as London Ambulance Service, given your location and role.

With respect, some TLAs my not be obvious to outsiders.

CFR?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 15
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy anniversary GDB, and happy birthday to Jemma. Not much planned for today, a trip down to the farm shop which is not far from Homebase so I might pop into there as well for a few bits, I need a new wheelbarrow, the old one which was a freebie is on its last legs. Hay fever this morning so little if anything will get done in the garden though if either of the two establishments mentioned above have their garden centres open I'm going to have a look at some plants for the garden.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

All 3 of the paramedics I know (not local though) have had Covid 19 antibody tests recently, two positive, one negative. The two positive hadn’t had any symptoms except for recalling that food had tasted odd. This was before the lack of taste was identified as a possible symptom. 

• Informative/Useful 18