The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Nothing done in the garden today, raining when I was going to do it. I done the fodder run this afternoon and managed to forget the eggs and some apples but not a problem as a local garden centre has re-opened its 'farm shop' just down the road so I'll give it a try this weekend. I have a Lexmark laser printer, not the normal home printer but a full size commercial printer. In fact the reason I purchased it was although the ink cartridges are twice the price of HP the cartridges hold at least three times the amount of ink. Despite regular use over the 7 or 8 years I've had it I've not yet had to replace the ink cartridges.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I'm lying on my pit,  having just had some crumpets for supper,  if it had been a ham sandwich,  Ben the I can smell that a mile off Collie would have been here giving me the big stare... 

I've just returned from the MhRC,  I decided to fill the face of the aerial with lightweight filler,  which having ordered several day ago wasn't due till Monday,  however it arrived today.  It looks good on the initial fill,  which will be sanded Next Week,  before a finishing coat. With it enclosed on all but the face in plastic,  I'm allowing a good time for it to dry. 

Other than that the radar building was given a first coat of white,  and a non RAF,   station building, was also painted white.. 

At the moment our printer hasn't done anything for a couple of years,  it was being used so infrequently the ink was drying up between uses. So I just print at work. Once I've retired we'll need a new one,  but it will have to be of a type  chosen so it can stand a long time between uses. 

I to will sleep shortly,  I've taken some painkillers,  and that normally gets me away.. 

Looks like the crumpets are repeating!

• Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

The last recorded page was 8701 ... so no way will I be able to 'catch-up' but, as you can see I have been able to go on to other threads and have been able to return.  All going well I will be able to follow this thread from now on.

Looks like you have some nice night time reading. It should only keep you up for a few hours! :jester:

• Like 9
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Didn't you get fed up looking at Brian Rolley and Rob Gunstone?

I think the program you had to endure was Heddiw,  which means Today, whereas Heddlu are the Feds! 

Yes, I realised some time later during the day that I'd put in the wrong word so I thought I'd wait to see who sussed it (apart from you that is ;) ).  And it was indeed Heddiw, as it happens said Mr Rolley never happened to report his presence to me back in those days, maybe he was train spotting working  under cover?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Ive been lucky with the weather today, not real heavy rain, just a few spots mid morning, so I went to the workshop and had my muggertea. However, the weather was where my luck ended. Before I started on the bench I gave it another wipe down and some of the primer started to flake off, so I gave another section a rub and more paint came off. Upon closer inspection it appears that I’ve not rubbed it down thoroughly enough, so I set about it all again, with a courser grade of sand paper, it’s now looking a lot better, but I’ve not yet completed the job, just one end to finish, which I’ll do tomorrow if the weather is good. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16