The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... and smashed spuds.

John, regarding the following,

And tech support ... I got appointed to the position ... as, ... I had the nous and the bloody mindedness to get the job done.

I expect you know that "no good deed goes unpunished".

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

24 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Thun have a museum .. at the Tank Training school. When I visited on business they had a lot of different vehicles including a Cent parked up (as well as a Tiger)  Trip advisor link

When they retired the Centurion (which was loved by lots of Armies) the local trained tankie bought them They had about a Regiments worth (not sure but Circa 50+ vehicles) which they drove around town on one Sunday a month. That is where I was given Panzer wein to drink...then a beer ..well it was Friday afternoon  so only the full time instructors were on site.

The tank range is over the top of the road tunnel.

baz

Thanks for that, I’ve visted the trip advisor site and they look to have some interesting vehicles. Unfortunately the link to the museums  website doesn’t work but I’ll look into that next time I get the chance to go.

The picture of the Hetzer reminds me that I read somewhere that most of the authentic German tanks in WW2 films were Hetzers as there was an abundance of them as the Swiss had them in service well after the wars end.

Regards Robert.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I went to Tess Coe's this afternoon and I asked the bakery if they still did bread pudding. The answer was in the affirmative but they only do a batch when they have sufficient unsold loaves. This was normal practice before the lockdown and still carries on. So its still pot luck as to whether its available when you visit a store.

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

All these pictures of tanks on the line have caused me to think about something green or black with six wheels which Goes When Ready :jester:

I'll do me tin hat and wish you all a good night! 

A tank with a copper capped chimney?:jester:

• Like 13
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Simon G said:

Tonight I have been watching a video on YouTube of Steeleye Span at the Shrewsbury Folk festival in 2018.  Only Maddy Prior left from the early lineup, but still an most entertaining hour or so.  For anyone interested here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9eDa1dQ2mQ

The next thing to watch, probably now tomorrow, is the film Quadrophenia, which I recorded last night.  Rather a contrast to Steeleye Span, but The Who’s soundtrack is amazing.

Thank you for the link to Maddy and the boys. I have always liked Steeleye Span. I also like The Who so can understand you liking the contrast.

• Like 15

Just now, Chris116 said:

Thank you for the link to Maddy and the boys. I have always liked Steeleye Span. I also like The Who so can understand you liking the contrast.

Not just the boys now!  The current fiddle player is very good and I found her quite easy on the eye as well!

I only found the link after searching for a track that I heard on my Amazon Echo that was clearly a Steeleye track I hadn’t heard before.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Simon G said:

Not just the boys now!  The current fiddle player is very good and I found her quite easy on the eye as well!

I only found the link after searching for a track that I heard on my Amazon Echo that was clearly a Steeleye track I hadn’t heard before.

They have had other ladies in the band throughout much of their existence so I should think of them as Maddy and the band but when I first saw them Maddy was the leader and the only lady and Maddy and the boys has just stuck in my mind for the last forty years or so.

• Like 15

17 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Did jeeps have PTOs?

I doubt it. How long did LDs support that "feature"?

Apart from a some particular situations neither Jeeps nor Land Rovers were good substitutes for tractors.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2