The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

They had a 12' Boa. On a hot summer night it slithered out their basement window into my bedroom. (also in the basement and only about 8' from their window) Woke in the morning with it curled up on the end of my bed. I think she liked me, as it happened a few times over the next couple of years. :rolleyes:

No, just waiting until you got bigger.

Oh Jeez, that's all I need....Mrs S has just taken great delight in showing me a grass snake sitting in our rockery. Must have been at least 10' long and 6" diameter....:unsure:

Dunno what it is about snakes, but they just give me the creeps.....

Ten feet long?! Wikipedia says in the UK they grow up to 6' 3" so you may have a record one there!

G. Be careful when you pick up a grass snake - they tend to pee on you. We have Garter Snakes and Salamander in our back yard.

Come to think of it I've got a freaking menagerie, not only that but the animals out back are getting more sex than I am (right now). It's an uproar out there.

Best, Pete.

Just felt like it Mike....:D

Probably about 3' and 1.5" diameter....

Just curled up on the rockery/edge of the pond. Wasn't even invited...

I did wonder if it really was that long or just the fear making it seem longer!

Beware - it may be after your fish. Could do a better job of clearing out the pond than the heron...

• RMweb Premium

Grass snakes will eat fish unless they are too large to swallow. Matthew's fish eating snake would have all on to manage a baby stickleback at the moment. Working it out we also have three cats,a tarantula,a scorpion a Tegu (a lizard) a false water cobra a Bredells python a common boa a corn snake and a Mackloff (sp) python.

• RMweb Premium

I think you might need an Anaconda for a fish that size, AFAIK the largest animals eaten are small antelope although one Anaconda tried to eat an Alligator in Florida and they both died.

• RMweb Premium

Dunno, but it sure felt like it was very muggy outside this afternoon – came home drenched in sweat :blink: . On another note, I just planted a Habanero chili which was donated by a friend, who I understand literally has dozens upon dozens of various surplus chili plants at this time!

• RMweb Gold

... On another note, I just planted a Habanero chili which was donated by a friend, who I understand literally has dozens upon dozens of various surplus chili plants at this time!

Some of my relatives (by marriage) are known to carry a bottle of Tabasco sauce in case they end up having to eat something "bland". Many of the relatives if asked to say "bland" can't do so without a look of real dislike. I suppose how older English people used to shudder at the thought of eating anything garlic flavoured!

I cannot believe just how long track laying can take. I've spent most of the day laying the through lines and double junction in place and have just finished laying the track and underlay itself. No wiring, no ballasting, nothing but the bare track on 6' of board and the whole day has disappeared. How on earth I ever managed to get anything done when I was working is beyond me.

Of course it could be I'm just a very slow worker.....;)

• RMweb Gold
look what greeted me.....

Don't you just love them when they leave you surprise presents.

I wonder how many 'There was an Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman......' jokes Prince Phillip told today.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Tony – my grandparents then may have been unusual in actually enjoying Chinese food. At least I don't personally know anybody else from that generation who does! However, they're not eating out any longer due to their age – grandpa turned 91 in April.

Anyway, it's my long day at uni again, so I'd better get something to eat before I leave! Weather's predicted to be good, though it also is to be muggy again.

Have a good day everyone!

Guest tony graham

Morning all,

Well its nice to see that the weather is once again winter like here in the Great Border City. Heavy, fine rain that sticks to you, windy and as dull as a night watching the euro vision.

Anyway last day on stand-by today then back to work tomorrow for the last two days.

Had a crap night last night as I still couldnt get over the bloke from British Gas who gave us a quote for a new combi boiler, £4520! For a boiler, when he asked what I thought of the price I told him that I only wanted my house done and not next door too.....

Anyway, I'm of in search of coffee and a comfy seat.

Have a good day all, and keep dry...

Morning All,

The weather appears to be better again this morning. We are back to blue sky and sunshine although it is a rather chilly 6°C.

I must admit I've been feeling a bit low on motivation though - I guess I probably need to get back on my bike!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning All, thanks for the welcome earlier in the week.

Over 300k yesterday (round robin of some of my new projects with the UK based director). But glad to report no bodies in the road.Only one truck on fire on the Ibadan Express waybut lots of burnt out carcasses the roads a bit like a linear scrap yard!

No snakes either, but you do have to be careful picking up lenghts of pipe.!

Have a good one.