The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

23 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

New Day Yesterday?

Also by Jethro Tull, a fairly under appreciated band outside of the cognoscenti

I suspect you side with ChrisF!

Nostalgia ain't what it used to was!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Mooring awl, Inner Temple Hare, 

It's noticeable that he who keeps getting the mower out across the road,  is missing,  along with wife and children, I've not seen them for several days,   also the grandmas have stopped visiting. I suspect they have done a Cummings. 

Congratulations, you have just come up with a new saying/expression. "Doing a Cummings." Meaning to ignore the lock-down rules. Lets see if we can make it spread by using it on social media and the media in general. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Cloudy, sunshine due immently, supposedly.  We will see.

Already mugadecaf time so just to pass on my greetings.

Fitt  :training: and  :danced: Elfie doing their best.

Keep well, play safe.

_________

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

With exception of our current car and the two “company cars” I drove when based in the UK, all my cars have been either “used“ (Showroom models, or 1 year old trade ins) or extremely second hand (such as the last car I bought when living in the US. I found it through the newspaper small ads and it was a great little car even though the radio could only get C&W stations, but it only cost me $600 [1982 dollars]).

That car sounds perfect, well at least the sounds from the radio would be perfect! Says he currently listening to Chris Country. 

Edited by Chris116
Spelling
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ere! Leave my fraternal grandmothers family name alone! One drongoid doesn't represent the views of the family.. and its "Cummings" not "Cummins" the latter are also originally Highland Scots...

Baz

You may think that you have a cross to bear. My mothers paternal grandmothers maiden name was Mogg, as in Rees-Mogg, and yes he is a distant cousin. I do have an ancestor on my dads side of the family who was hung for piracy, I like to think that as being one up on stealing sheep.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

A bit late on parade today, but it's Sunday! Anyway I'm off to the workshop so I may be some time. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Unnecessary and a major waste of energy too. (Mentioned this before, the smart meter was effective in getting my wife to end this wasteful practise. Circa 3% reduction in our household energy consumption.)

2 minutes ago, southern42 said:

My washing machine has a no-crease button. Who needs an iron?   :D

When I remove them from the washing machine my shirts go straight onto hangers to dry and therefore don't require ironing.

• Like 12
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

38 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

When I remove them from the washing machine my shirts go straight onto hangers to dry and therefore don't require ironing.

And as for linen handkerchiefs these days; why preserve it?

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

You may think that you have a cross to bear. My mothers paternal grandmothers maiden name was Mogg, as in Rees-Mogg, and yes he is a distant cousin.

You have my deepest condolences:mellow:

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ere! Leave my fraternal grandmothers family name alone! One drongoid doesn't represent the views of the family.. and its "Cummings" not "Cummins" the latter are also originally Highland Scots...

Baz

So any more thoughts of an ER's meet up for a cummings??

• Like 3
  • Funny 12