The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Around 1-2 Oktas this morning, with blue sky. It looks like yesterday's showers have passed for the moment.

I went out for a bike ride yesterday afternoon and missed a torrential rain shower by around ten minutes on my return.

Once again, nothing huge planned for today.

Have a good day everyone...

Guest Max Stafford

Had a long long day at work yesterday and got finished at 1am and just about to go in for another 12 hour stint. I'm glad I'm off for a week again after this as my back is damn sore after standing for most of yesterday in full battle dress!

On the plus side I acquired a new Bachmann A1 for my Waverley Route project. Now, shall I re-number as 60159 Bonnie Dundee or 60161 North British?

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Got up late today having stayed up late last night dismal coloured sky and I feel flat for some reason that escapes me. Rabbit continues to gain weight but we don't know what the weight of a 10 week old dwarf lop should be so she is staying inside a little longer.

• RMweb Gold

. Now, shall I re-number as 60159 Bonnie Dundee or 60161 North British?

When I was a child, chocolate Dundee biscuits were a special treat. They were large shortbread circles with thick chocolate on one face. I don't think we had any North British biscuits.

Hi guys, not been a bad weekend one way or the other. Pleased to hear your young bun is making progress Mick....

Went to the Bracknell Show yesterday and saw all I needed, albeit a bit of a flying visit as standing for more than an hour is still a tough call. Spent an enjoyable 15 minutes learning how to create embankments and other scenic elements using teddy bear fur and a pair of electric clippers. Very impressed with the results and it certainly runs a Grassmaster very close.

Layout wise, it's starting to take shape and I have to say it's been a pleasure to work on now that I have some space in my railway room. There's no doubt that working in a crowded space and with mess everywhere makes the job twice as difficult. Spent the afternoon sitting and wiring an eight foot section of the lower level and it was a pleasure to do. Early days yet, but at least progress is being made.

• RMweb Gold

Spent an enjoyable 15 minutes learning how to create embankments and other scenic elements using teddy bear fur and a pair of electric clippers. Very impressed with the results and it certainly runs a Grassmaster very close.

Many, many years ago I was going to make some teddy bear fur based scenery. Matthew got really upset about it (I think he was worried in case I sampled his toy bear) so I didn't. I needed a sign saying "no stuffed toys were harmed ..."

Tony

G. I hope the shooting stick had a rubber knob on the bottom.

I was thinking of starting another thread for insomniacs entitled: "Late Night Line-Up" - the problem is that when I can't sleep it is time for "Early Risers"..........

Best, Pete.

Guest tony graham

Morning all,

Been up since 3am and now been sat at work in need of coffee and lots of it since 04.30

Here in the Great Border City it's another overcast, windy and cold morning. Whats up with this weather, does it not know that its Summer time?

The smelly people from BBC Radio 1's BIG weekend are starting to come alive to catch their trains back home. I just wonder how many of them have tickets to travel today? It was a great weekend though, The Foo fighters were fantsatic and Lady Ga Ga was great too, however she is not my usual cup of tea but the Jazz session and the piano solo was ace.

Time to find a bed for a couple of hours while on Stand by and hope that the railway behaves until after I go home......

Good morning all, my first post on here.........(mainly because the internet is working this morning!)

Hot -n- humid here(as normal.)

Though a bit of a treat on the flight out of Europe, a railway based movie on the "in flight" entertainment (and I stayed awake!) Called "Unstoppable" and supposed to have been based on real life events.... driverless freight train running across the US being chased by a single loco......still bit of fun and you know it's going to end up OK.........

Have a good un.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - first chance to relax after 60 straight hours on call, of which I worked 21. I am a bit tired but it did have its compensations - as I have said before there is something deeply surreal about poking around the innards of a remote rural reservoir at 3am whilst listening to, and observing, nocturnal wildlife going about their business, all under a canopy of millions of twinkling stars (don't worry, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet!)

A bit of business to do, then hopefully a couple of hours on Bodge City which is having a painfully slow evolution. One day maybe!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Apparently it's Monday. I get the feeling that I have to pay back for being out playing trains all day on Saturday, a list has appeared!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

63-hour week completed, time to sit back and enjoy a whole week off! Off to the park first to collect Abi! :) Windy here this morning and 8 Oktas cover but it does appear to be brightening!

Have a good day all. If I do anything interesting I'll tell you later!

Dave.