The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Sunny at the moment

Sat last night looking at the mess around me in the flat I decided the get someone to come in and paint right through for me otherwise it will never get done 

An ex neighbour pitched up this morning and was happy to do the job, if I can get the rest of the flat done in 4 weeks I'd be a happy bunny I can spend more time 

with my new Babe doing new things and I can transport myself to the other side of London to stay with her to have a break from this place.

I'm on a mission to empty the last of the removal boxes into spare space in draws and cupboards making good progress today I can stop tripping over the clutter.

Must get on Stay Safe & be alert as the country needs Lerts.:superman: Mr. Happy :biggrin_mini2: 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I am to the best of my knowledge still under the vulnerable person rules.

That much remains the same and our PM said so explicitly; if you are vulnerable and / or shielded nothing changes.  Stay at home.  Have minimal contact with others.  

• Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

...snip...The AK was pretty crude and it's accuracy at longer ranges was not brilliant, but since it was probably made in a tractor factory and not in a watchmakers, the tolerances were more generous:  So it was quite capable of being dragged through many muddy hollows, stood in a bad of wet sand and grit, taken out then tarred and feathered, and after that it would still work with just a rudimentary swill, or a brush down.

The same could be said about the US Colt .45  vs the German Luger.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

52 minutes ago, TheQ said:

each battery will be emptied into a bucket,  the acid then  topped up with water to dilute,  

Aren't you supposed to add the acid to the water?

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

Recently an anecdote was shared here of a blocked drain in a row of terrace houses caused by non-flushable objects.

In the days of CoViD-19 non-flushable objects have become a serious problem for sewage plants. In this case the offending objects are so called "flushable" wipes. (They may go down the toilet but are a serious problem downstream.) Apparently with toilet paper shortages, people were using wipes as an alternative. Despite the fact that packaging insists they are "flushable" they do not readily disintegrate. A photograph from Fargo made the local news rounds a couple of weeks ago.

There's a "Florida man" version too.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 4

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

I

Speaking of which it's a nice day so I may have to run into town to replenish my stock of Budwhizzer (yes, I know).

For all you critics of Budweiser and other US brews, it is as you all seem to say.  If you go down to the local back home on a cold winters night, a nice pint would add to the pleasure of the evening, while a Bud or similar would just add to the chill of the night.

On the other hand, coming in after gardening on a hot spring afternoon here, even in the PNW, a Bud or any other US beer, (they all taste the same) goes down nicely!:drink_mini:

Brian.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I am afraid I have to disagree with you, Brian.

Having spent a considerable part of my working life going to the US for long business trips, I have had the opportunity to drink American beer in every one of the four seasons and in places as diverse as Chicago, Boston, San Antonio and San Francisco. And whilst I was able to find amazing and very suitable craft beers in every corner of the US suitably matched to every season, I found that the highly carbonated mass produced “lager“ put out by the big brewers was/is undrinkable, regardless of whether or not it was absolutely freezing or swelteringly hot outside the bar. Give me a craft beer any time and in any season.

One obstacle to sampling craft beers in the US was whether or not I would be driving. If I was in places like Chicago or New York I could go out eat and sink a number of incredibly decent craft beers, safe in the knowledge that I would be returning to the hotel by taxi. Whereas, going to either Palo Alto or San Francisco, meant that I had to drive everywhere in a rental car, which in turn meant that I did not drink anything when I was out having dinner in a restaurant, but I was at the mercy of the quality of the hotel bar for my alcoholic ingestions. Depending on Hotel and the quality of the bar manager, beer offerings could range from an entire palette of craft beers to a mere two or three pumps dispensing fizzy, highly carbonated, mass produced so-called “lagers”, where the only difference between them was the colour, the price and how sweet the beer was.

If I may be so outrageous, may I say that Budw*****r in all its variations is the Watney’s Red Barrel of the US.

iD

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, brianusa said:

a Bud or any other US beer, (they all taste the same) goes down nicely!:drink_mini:

Surely not from 7 Seas or Wet Brewing in your town, we found both to be very good breweries.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 4