The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Cats like me..I can take them or leave them. I would like to have a dog but until I stop umpiring (which may be sooner rather than later) I won't get one.

Back in my ACU&S days, I could always recognise a 'cricket' dog. NEVER crossed the boundary!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

overcast

YAWN 

Stay Safe :superman:B.O.Red-Totears:biggrin_mini2:

BTW does anyone know of any good jokes to liven these pages up :jester:

Edited by 81C
typo
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, 81C said:

Morning All 

overcast

YAWN 

Stay Safe :superman:B.O.Red-Totears:biggrin_mini2:

BTW does anyone know of any good jokes to liven these pages up :jester:

If you want good jokes then go to the forum joke thread. On second thoughts you did ask for "good" jokes so maybe get a boxed set of Morecambe and Wise or The Two Ronnie's! 

• Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

“only a council planning officer would put the sewage works next to the playground”

Enjoy Sunday!

In real life they were usually located on the lowest boundary of each town which usually meant next to the council estates and just upwind of the neighboring towns posh area. Bradford's is nicely upwind of Rawdon and Guisely.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Greetings all from Sidcup where the early sun is being replaced by grey clouds. It was still quite warm when we did our exercise walk earlier but we are told it is to get colder.

yesterday saw an ocado delivery with one or two substitute items and one missing altogether. I also mowed the lawn and cut back some of the unruly ivy.

today has seen two potential culinary fails; first Mrs Lurker misinterpreted the recipe that Younger Lurker has picked from a new recipe book (prawn and courgette linguini) and we have only 1/4 of the ingredients and second the attempted brownies seem to have got wrong. The first is remedial easily but I don’t know about the second. Either way I know it is best not to offer to intervene and merely provide suitable praise for the result ;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Strangely enough, whilst I could happily observe an autopsy and then go lunch immediately thereafter, or chat with a surgeon who was elbow deep in a patient’s abdomen, I really can’t watch these things on film/TV/YouTube. It’s either live or not at all...

Curious, really.

I have that sort of reaction in another way bodies and bits thereof are obviously  far from pleasant but I can manage far better with seeing them than the sight of a hypodermic needle heading for a target area on my person.  and having told the Doctor my feelings about needles just before my knee injection he then proceeded to use the biggest needle I'd ever seen - before he told me that would not be the one he'd be using on my knee, he seemed to enjoy taking his time to tell me that.

• Like 6
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

If you want good jokes then go to the forum joke thread. On second thoughts you did ask for "good" jokes so maybe get a boxed set of Morecambe and Wise 

Are you taking the p!ss :jester:

• Like 4
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

"only a council planning officer would put the sewage works next to the playground”

Enjoy Sunday!

Wrong! Speaking as a Mechanical Engineer, that's the definition of a Civil Engineer! ;)

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, 45156 said:

I hope that those expecting a loosening of the lockdown (by which I don't only mean here, but in the wider populace aren't too disappointed when there is not a lot of change.

Indeed.  But what we want - and need for the sake of sanity - is the timeline and road out.  

The message, according to numerous press reports already today, changes in England to "Stay Alert" rather than "Stay Home" which implies a little more freedom of movement.  Wales is set to de-restrict the number of exercise walks per day and therefore align with the other home nations which never had a formal limit in the first place.  

We may learn more at 19 o'clock.  It is already known that numerous employers are bringing some staff back from tomorrow.  We expect that some single-staffed or socially-distanced coffee shops will re-open for takeaway as customer numbers grow to make it viable but not to the extent of causing a crowd.  

• Like 17