The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, TheQ said:

The biggest problem left, a stack of 30 2ft square,  2 inch thick slabs to be moved,  they are heavy!!! 

By my calculations, each square is equivalent to a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" plywood.

Edited by BR60103
clarifying
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 6

Morning all, is it too early to get the carpet cleaner going?

A bit more air traffic from EMA over the last couple of days, but it might just be the wind direction forcing different take off pattern, although there isn't much of that either.

10 mins, and if I ain't sleeping it'll be cuppa time.

Make the most of the Bank Holiday all - as if it makes a darn bit o' difference.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BR60103 said:

By my calculations, each square is equivalent to a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" plywood.

They're concrete... 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Morning all, is it STILL too early to get the carpet cleaner going? :D

Fitful sleep between earlier post and now, but this time I have made a cuppa and I'm staying awake.

Hoping for good things for everyone. 

Edit:

Doggo's just noticed I have a biscuit with my tea........

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Tomorrow wpould have been our get together. Never mind..next year will have to do. 

Where were arrangements posted?

I knew about it, and would've liked to join in, but not when and where :cry:

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Where were arrangements posted?

I knew about it, and would've liked to join in, but not when and where :cry:

Didn't post them as it was obvious when I got back from the Antipodes that it couldn't  happen was going to be in Derby, all day, come and go as you please, self catering..and  you could have gone to the Derby Show if you wanted to. Until we can see a clear way ahead I won't arrnage anything. I must remind @Andy Y that he was going to look out how we could "invite" people..

It was suggested all ERs (past and current) could be asked if they wanted to attend.

Baz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A dull start to the day, I've just returned from the big orange DIY shed. There was a big queue that didn't seem to be moving, so I didn't even get out of the car, I just turned round and came straight back home. I'll possibly do an on line order/delivery later. So I think I'll make a start cutting the cladding for the arbor. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, BoD said:

Just to help those who are loosing track of things...

today is Bank Holiday Monday.

Indeed it is.  How very confusing when the days blur into "Today" for many of us right now.  

It is also Flora Day for those with any attachment to the town of Helston.  Not happening this year for I think the first occasion in peacetime.   However I am attired in the shirt which makes its annual appearance for the event.  Not perhaps as strident as Chrisf's which certainly makes its point and will gain attention.  

Lily of the Valley is worn by those "Helston-born" which does not include myself so I shall settle for the printed version.  The Blue Anchor has been my pub of choice for many years.   At least one RM webber is always present besides myself as our esteemed Camborne shopkeeper invariably stewards the early morning dance.

There were rumours of a party at the other end of the block though I see nothing happening thus far.  Things will probably evolve later.  SWMBO is dressed in 1940's style and threatened to put victory rolls in her hair ..... 

I have a bottle of Spingo Middle for enjoyment tonight.  In other times I might have enjoyed rather more than one!   For now it's muggertea number two.  Avagoodun and remember VE can also stand for Virus Eradication Day.  

Photo on 08-05-2020 at 09.45.jpeg

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. My first flight was with the RAF. I was in the air cadets and summer camp was at a training station operating Varsities and it was in one of those. Six very noisy hours, we were each provided with a packed lunch and sick bags with the strict instruction that if anything missed the bag you had to clean it up. Now on to VE day. It wasn't marked in our household as mum was working as an auxilary nurse and dad was out east still fighting the Japanese. Now to get on with the day, be back later.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is forecast to be quite a pleasant day. As is our custom we won’t be going out on a Bank Holiday though hopefully there won’t be a lot of traffic heading to Sunny Southend. 
Tony

• Like 18