The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention, Bob mentioned his hip problem and as Flavio said the best thing is to exercise without putting any weight on the offending joint. That is where the walker comes in useful, you can rest your weight on the handles and still get plenty of exercise and if you have one like mine with a seat you can rest whenever you wish. Only drawback is that they are not too great on uneven ground or on grass. I was going to say that BF stood for banged forehead but HH beat me to it.

• Like 19

Just come back inside after a short walk around the house a few times before settling down for the night.  There were a number of bats flying around, which was nice to see.  They were the first I have seen this year.  Many years ago, we used to have them roosting in between the barge boards and walls, but after we had the walls re-rendered and plastic barge boards fitted, there wasn’t room for them.  Mrs G doesn’t like them after having to dispose of a couple that flew in through windows a few years back!

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

A note for those who have seen themselves described in various airline acronyms, there is one for passengers that is universal in the aviation world - SLF, which stands for self loading freight.

Dave     

I thought SLF stood for Stiff Little Fingers, my favourite band. That’s ruined their image  in my eye now.

• Like 3
  • Funny 13