The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Sunny and a mainly blue sky here.  A warm fine day with temperatures up to 22° forecast.

I managed a mile and a half on yesterday's walk but The Hip regretted it.  Will try again today.

Some gardening was done and I've placed a couple of orders for small garden adornments which The Boss had expressed a liking for.  This all gained Brownie points so a brief visit was made to The Shed  and I am instructed by Her Bossness to spend more time there today.  A small order for odds and ends  has winged its way to FR and Herself has offered to pay for it so I must be doing something right.

Time for breakfast so I bid you farewell for now.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Bob my better half has had one hip replaced and is waiting for another, her surgeon recommended a bike for exercise and an electric assist one would be best. So she can exercise with very little load on the joint, it's been a revelation for her.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Sorry, but a trip into town and then a tidy up of the bottles and things which have accumulated in the bathroom - some of the medications which need to be disposed of had expiry dates back in 2014, and all that has meant that I've had to skip three pages of ERs so I hope that nothing has happened which I should know about - and of course generic greetings are proffered to all who need or deserve them.

Won't be back this afternoon, as lots of other jobs seem to have reared their ugly heads.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold

TB I used to do a lot of cycling many many moons ago but certainly wouldn't risk it on the roads around here now.  They're quiet at the moment but when things get back nearer to normal there's no way I'd go anywhere near a bike.  We have got an exercise bike but I find that too boring so will have to put up with walking.  I have got a stick if it's too bad but haven't yet resorted to it.

Didn't go for a walk earlier as when putting the bins back I realised they could do with cleaning because I haven't done them for a while.  Also did next door's while I was at it so that was four big wheelie bins and two food waste.  By the time I'd scrubbed and disinfected that lot I decided that that was my exercise for today.

Now off to The Shed to potter for a while.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

When I was a community constable, the inhabitants of one particulat street called me TBG with the b standing for bar steward or something like it.  Apparently I was restricting their illicit income by doing them for every traffic offence I could think of so they ended up disqualified. I could then lock them up whenever  I saw them out in a car.  I took the nickname as a complement.

Jamie

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, BSW01 said:

. . .  ball co-ordination is non existent so I’m expecting a lot more balls to end up in our garden than we do at the moment. The balls currently seem to spend more in our garden than his!

Have you seen the Cadbury's Dairy Milk advert on TV . . . . . better make sure your neighbours know which one is your favourite.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Yep not many people realise it means Brilliant Fellow! :yes:

Hmm - my spell checker said something else!

:)

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Morning all,

Cheers

iD

p.s. You might have guessed, but the Boeing 747-400 was, and remains, my favourite aircraft to fly in.

My only flight in a 747 was on TWA from Rome to New York, my seat was the last one in the rear on the starboard side. Because the fuselage curves inward,there was only one seat in that "row". I had as much, if not more, room than a first class seat.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Yep not many people realise it means Brilliant Fellow! :yes:

Bvgger, got it wrong.....

Edited by polybear
  • Funny 19

GDB; also good for hip exercise is a cross trainer.

It's not quite as boring as an exercise bike and somewhat easier to use. I had a hip replacement 4yrs ago (quite young @52) and the cross trainer really helped. I find it best if I listen to something 'talky' rather than music, reason being that one tends to use the music as a 'timer' whereas talky stuff doesn't have an average track duration.

Looking forward to weekend, but garden works halted due to failed delivery:

eBay says dispatched

Seller not responding

Delivery company DPD said they'd be delivering today yet when enquired via tracker it says parcel has not been collected?????

Found alternative contact details for seller's business, tried that and waiting.

DPD are the pits (worse than Hermes IMHO) no way of talking to a human (even though there's a phone number), contact form on website bounces emails, online chat is a chatbot.

If all else fails it'll be a claim back from cc company.

B@st@rds.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Between a Boing 747-400 and an A380..the A380 is for me. Smoother flight, less rattles and bangs.....and Boing 777 and 787 - flight characteristics of a streamlined brick (which is how my old man described the Martin Marauder).

Baz

Edited by Barry O
speeellung
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 45156 said:

a trip into town and then a tidy up of the bottles and things which have accumulated in the bathroom

I have kept bottles of beer in various places but not in the bathroom:drink_mini:

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Managed to contact my friend this afternoon, the problem was as I thought. His autistic daughter had unplugged the phone. His lad as I mentioned is SEN but unlike BSW01's neighbours lad he is very good at ball games, his co-ordination is better than mine has ever been. I was looking at taking a few days out if lockdown is over by August but its just been announced that the Notting Hill Carnival at the end of August has been cancelled which means that they expect lockdown to continue. Time to clap, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:
5 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

My only flight in a 747 was on TWA from Rome to New York, my seat was the last one in the rear on the starboard side. Because the fuselage curves inward,there was only one seat in that "row". I had as much, if not more, room than a first class seat.

What mark was the 747? I have flown in most of the 747 variants: the 747-100, the 747-300 (sometimes known as the “megatop“) and the 747-400. I have yet to fly in the 747–800 and, given the poor take-up of this aircraft by the various airlines, I probably won’t fly on it

Cheers

iD.

Sorry, but that is unknown to me now. The time frame was around late 1972 or early 1973 if that is any help. Please note that I was in Naval Aviation as a ground support electrician doing repairs on mobile electric power plants so my main interest was in Navy aircraft; I paid little attention to "those civilian birds". :biggrin_mini:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 15