The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all.....Mrs S has gone off to West Witering with the dogs, so got the house to myself. Whoopee!

Currently doing battle with LED's and a control panel. Getting there but learning new skills by the minute. Spurs on TV this afternoon so no doubt a few beers may be downed.

What more could you want....biggrin.gif

Well, it hasn't brightened up yet - but at least my headache has gone. Thank heavens for paracetamol and ibuprofen!

Spent a very pleasant morning - went to Church, went for coffee afterwards with a friend and then popped around to another friend for a cup of tea.

Back at home now and catching up online, while the little guy reads on the sofa.

Currently doing battle with LED's and a control panel.

Are you victorious in battle, or do you want some help? On my point indicators, I use the 16Vac solenoid voltage to drive the LEDs reporting the setting!

Good morning all. I'm glad you missed me. I feel a bit sheepish for not having been on line on Friday!

Had a minor plumbing problem so had to wait in for the plumber. Also the electronic security system for the flats has been partially inoperative for a while so managed to arrange for the electrician to come on Friday to sort it out. Two birds killed with one stone.

I love the picture of Jamie! :)

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were perfect swimming days, not that I went swimming, but that was the sort of weather it was. HOT, clear and still. Up to 32 yesterday.

I did 90% of my Christmas shopping on Saturday. Left home at 7:45, went to 3 shops was home by 10:00, all done. There was no wrapping service available so will either have to do the wrapping myself (I hate it) or go next Saturday to have them gift wrapped.

18 shopping days till Christmas.

In the 'old' days when shops closed at noon on Saturdays, remained closed on Sundays and public holidays and kept 'office hours' that phrase had meaning. Now shops stay open until 9:00 at night 7 days a week one can even shop on Christmas day!

Happy Monday all.

Morning All,

Good to see you back Don - we missed you on Friday!

The weather is the complete opposite here - it's certainly not swimming weather! Around 2?°C with drizzly rain and patches of fog. Not a nice morning really.

I've got a busy week ahead of me this week.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

The weather is the complete opposite here - it's certainly not swimming weather! Around 2?°C with drizzly rain and patches of fog.

Oh, I guess this depends on your taste - some Muscovites would certainly go swimming even in such weather! :lol: By the way, did you ever try the outside pool of the spa in K?¶nigstein? While there I once swam there with such weather overhead, and it was actually quite pleasant.

It stands to reason the MacBook we've been waiting for should arrive today. Aside from that, nothing really special on the agenda.

Morning all.....The heavens just opened up and it bucketed down for 10 minutes or so.

Glad to hear about your weekend exploits. Some great pics Don. Always pleased to see youngsters getting involved in our hobby.

West Wittering is about 50-60 miles from here. Sorry to be so vague. It takes 75 minutes in the car....

I've been building my first control panel as a test for the much larger terminus panel, so been playing around with LED's and resistors. Been very much a learning experience for me, but most enjoyable trying something new. I'll post a pic once I have finished.

Typical Tottenham. 2-0 up and then let them back in. Not to mention missing a penalty in the dying seconds...angry.gif

Just had a chuckle. Mrs S called me to look out the window. So much for squirrel proof bird feeders.....biggrin.gif

post-6950-12601753664468_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Grey one hereabouts. Monday again. This morning I have to post off my acceptance of an early retirement offer. I was expecting to be pushed out in March next year and was starting to look forward to it but then blow me the company has decided they can't do without me and have given me a date of April 2011. Bit of a surprise I have to say. So unfortunately they are going to pay me a full salary for a further 16 months!

All of a sudden 16 months seems like an age but then I did some sums and lo and behold on average I will only work 4 days a week due to the amount of vacation entitlement I have built up. Doesn't sound so bad now. It also makes a lot of financial sense as I have over a year to push up my pension contributions (and force the company to contribute more) and to get the rest of my finances in order. Also I will have an additional years worth of entitlement and lose less through going early as I will be a year closer to 60. Coincidentally I had planned many years ago to retire at 55 and that is what I will be. Odd how things work out.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello

I thought I had posted but somehow my message seems to have disappeared. I've been busy this morning online shopping. Replacement door handle for refrigerator ( I do hope Liebherr cranes are stronger than their fridge door handles) and scallop shaped dishes (my wife has been watching Delia's Christmas cookery programme) . Hopefully all the things I've ordered are actually in stock.

Weather is dull and dry here.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. I'm probably the only one on here who's glad the weekend is over. I've been on call for the last 60 hrs and worked just over a third of that. I can now relax till 16-30 when it all starts again. It's quite nice to sit in the warm listening to the wind and rain. I have a list of jobs to do but there's always tomorrow.....

Morning All,

Sorry about brief message and any typos as I'm on the raspberry.

Good weekend was had, spent it laying the founding stone for the 2010 challenge. Good to see Don that everyone's enjoying model railways of all ages!

Back over in my 2nd office in Portsmouth. Ferry packed and doesn't have a clue about max passenger numbers obviously!

Have a good day everyone, bring forth the revolution!

Graham