The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Booked a friend's holiday cottage on her Cornish farm.  Booked the hire car.  

I don't care if it's tempting fate.  It's for October.  We need some light in this tunnel and it's our re-arranged silver wedding anniversary event.  We were to have been going to northern Italy ...... :stop:

You'll probably get as far as the Tamar Bridge and get turned back!:ireful:

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, brianusa said:

You'll probably get as far as the Tamar Bridge and get turned back!:ireful:

Brian.

We'll see when the time is closer.  We would go down by train anyway.  There is a  justifiable strong anti-visitor feeling currently but that may dissipate if movement is relaxed.  

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

A virtual day out in Taunton has been enjoyed and yet again I won nothing in the draw.  

I believe our most senior virtualist indicated that his draw would not close until after midnight Rick. If that is so, you may still find you have been lucky!

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Rameu....a favourite composer. You can imagine him conducting the orchestra. At that time they used a pointed staff to keep time. One of the composers was doing this and speared his foot. He died of gangrene. ..which lead to the use of a baton for conducting the orchestra. 

Baz

• Informative/Useful 16

• RMweb Gold

Our lawns were cut but not by me. The cable survived this time too. We sat in the back garden. Quite a few bird visitors. I think sparrows are building a nest where the blackbirds do usually. The blackbird pair turfed a couple of nest building pigeons out of the ivy bush a few weeks ago. I wonder if with more people at home they are keeping their cats in, there are no feline visitors now. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 19

11 minutes ago, Barry O said:

One of the composers was doing this and speared his foot. He died of gangrene. ..which lead to the use of a baton for conducting the orchestra. 

Jean-Baptiste Lully in 1687. And a film featuring such a staff in action is Tous les Matins du Monde, of the career of Lully's pupil Marin Marais.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 17

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Google suggests this.

LNER Coronation coach set - window stripe?

Bottom half in Garter blue?

You guessed it.

My local dealer doesn't list Precision paints on his site. I'm still trying to figure out the bogies.

This weekend we spent not having the Great British Train Show.

I tried smoking a pipe.  I found that I usually didn't have all the paraphernalia with me.

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning Awl,  inner Temple Hare. 

4 hours sleep so far  I need more. 

I hope the exhibition hasn't disappeared,  I hadn't got all the way round.. 

Dad smoked for many years and now suffers badly from copd,  I've always hated the smell of cigarettes and never could get my head around paying to burn money on something that smelt so bad.. 

Snooze button for now.. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12